Easter 'Alt bike & wrong way' BR photo evidence...

"Absent Husband" wrote in message ...

> TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
> purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
> given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

No, I'm sure it's actually a post grad hair cut.

Parbs

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 at 08:03 GMT, Parbs (aka Bruce)
> "Absent Husband" wrote in message ...
>> TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
>> purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
>> given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

> No, I'm sure it's actually a post grad hair cut.

I've had "get a haircut" on the TODO list for how long again? I've
forgotten.

It's the _target_ that supposed to go "F00F", not the processor.
-- Mike Andrews, on Pentiums in missiles

SteveA said:
so, the BR suspects include: GPLama, DaveB, Essendon93, JayWoo, TimC, Blah, FlyingDutch, Craigster, & PiledHigher. (pick 7 out of the list)

FlyingDutch has Fatboys on the slicked up MTB so I reckon red helmet, silver jersey is Dutch. Supported by evidence of coffee habit in the cafe shots.

Essondon93 is reputed to be a climbing whippet and is on a roadie (one of the two I believe are shown in the pics), so I'm guessing that he is in the Red Lotto Adecco jersey. Also, as he is a climbing whippet, he will have no padding on him and must wear a jacket to keep warm when stopped.

The other roadie rider - I believe that Craigster does not have a MTB and he has been known to BR, so next guess is that in the Liberty jersey is ....Craigster.

I've probably done me money, but there you go

SteveA
Yeah you got me, it was damn cold that morning :rolleyes:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> The dead giveaway that you boys are down south is the distinct lack of
> tan. Come for a ride up Qld way sometime!
>
> They were great shots, thanks :)

I've got a tan, from the bottom of my nicks to my knees. It looks
particularly good at swim training.

DaveB

TimC wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 at 08:03 GMT, Parbs (aka Bruce)
>>"Absent Husband" wrote in message ...
>>
>>>TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
>>>purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
>>>given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

>>No, I'm sure it's actually a post grad hair cut.

> I've had "get a haircut" on the TODO list for how long again? I've
> forgotten.

DON'T DO IT!

Take it from someone who knows.. chicks dig the long hair. It's the
Samson effect - cut it off and your sex life dies! hahahaha lol :p

hippy
"Did I scare you Dutchy? I have a chin now.." :p

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Bikesoiler wrote:
>>'Were they coming this way?' (http://tinyurl.com/6ymku)
>>'Funny looking tree.' (http://tinyurl.com/55got)
>>'Cafe lizards 1' (http://tinyurl.com/6usgv)
>>'Cafe lizards 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3o32f)
>>'Pace line?' (http://tinyurl.com/5gerh)
>>'Group at Smiths Gully' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8vg)
>>'Flat out?' (http://tinyurl.com/6cknz)
>>'Recovery time' (http://tinyurl.com/45mgw)
>>'Close look' (http://tinyurl.com/5vy9y)

> The dead giveaway that you boys are down south is the distinct lack of
> tan. Come for a ride up Qld way sometime!

Read it and weep:
http://www.thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=105

hippy
"Damn.. the WHOLE pack is gone! Already?! Damn."

SteveA wrote:
> Absent Husband Wrote:
>
>>"So c'mon, who is who? "
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>Well c'mon - all of us non-Victorians have to give it a go at picking
>>who is who!!

Well to give you guys a break here's the list of riders on that day:
FlyingDutch
GPLama
TimC
BT
Bikesoiler on camera duties
Essendon93
DaveB (me)
and the ring-in is a a mate of mine Grant (who I think is regretting
coming along on MTB day, might have been better off on his roadie).

DaveB

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 at 10:28 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 at 08:03 GMT, Parbs (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>>No, I'm sure it's actually a post grad hair cut.

>> I've had "get a haircut" on the TODO list for how long again? I've
>> forgotten.

> DON'T DO IT!
>
> Take it from someone who knows.. chicks dig the long hair. It's the
> Samson effect - cut it off and your sex life dies! hahahaha lol :p

You mean it gets worse! Eek!

Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek. --unknown

TimC wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 at 10:28 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
>
>>TimC wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 at 08:03 GMT, Parbs (aka Bruce)
>>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

>>>I've had "get a haircut" on the TODO list for how long again? I've
>>>forgotten.

>>DON'T DO IT!
>>
>>Take it from someone who knows.. chicks dig the long hair. It's the
>>Samson effect - cut it off and your sex life dies! hahahaha lol :p

> You mean it gets worse! Eek!

Find someone to braid (or is it plait? the little ones that take ages to
do) your hair.. hours of time together in which to work your magic! :)

BTW: Growing a scary, wife-beater goatee doesn't help, in case anyone
was wondering.

hippy
"not that I'd know or anything"

hippy said:
hippy
"Did I scare you Dutchy? I have a chin now.." :p

oh? that was you? thawt it musta been yer liddle brutha or summat. you looked to young to be riding around in the dark :D :D :D

Peter Signorini said:
Know that one well. 'tis the top of Pigeon Bank near Kangaroo Ground.

Cheers
Peter

Aye! the rock opposite (with big 'bad taste gold numbers '346'?) is the clock-stop for our regular hill-climb ITT starting at Bus stop near Warrandyte bridge. bit like a 1-in-12(ish) :D

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bdarabug/other_resources/BR_map_darker2.pdf

DaveB wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > The dead giveaway that you boys are down south is the distinct lack of
> > tan. Come for a ride up Qld way sometime!
> >
> > They were great shots, thanks :)

> I've got a tan, from the bottom of my nicks to my knees. It looks
> particularly good at swim training.
>
> DaveB

That's the real reason they invented the triathlon race suit.

Tam

flyingdutch wrote:
> hippy Wrote:
>
>>hippy
>>"Did I scare you Dutchy? I have a chin now.." :p

> oh? that was you? thawt it musta been yer liddle brutha or summat. you
> looked to young to be riding around in the dark :D :D :D

ahahaha lol :D

Yes, I was a very bad boy.
Mummy took away my pudding because I was late home :(

hippy