Easter Menu

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 02:04:02 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
(Glitter Ninja) wrote:

>Steve Wertz <[email protected]> writes:
>
>><sigh>. I guess she's not going to tell us that was really *her*
>>posting her pizza pic under a different name to see if it got any
>>more attention than when she posted it with her usual name.

> Unless she's been posting as that "james" guy to RFC for months and
>months, it wasn't her. Didn't you check Google? You seem to have a
>good handle on this so maybe I missed something, but the aol address I
>had for this "james" guy came up with a few posts every month in various
>groups. They were pretty benign posts, too, nothing trollish about them
>until the pizza pic. He even posted to alt.support.childfree a day
>after he posted his "i made a pizza" post.
> But if you have other info I'd be happy to hear it.

Yeah - I saw his posting history. I suspect that James is a
friend of some sort. I mailed him a friendly note a couple times,
but "it" never replied. There would seem to be two different
personalities posting from that address. One uses capital
letters, the other doesn't. IME, that's not something you turn on
and off. You always do it one way or the other, not both.

It's really the only thing that makes any sense anymore.

-sw

MLI wrote:

> Molten Chocolate Puffs With Raspberry Cream

What a great recipe name! If I had a restaurant, this would DEFINITELY be
on the menu; I can't imagine anybody NOT wanting to try it.

Bob

jj wrote:

> Yeah, I was afraid of that. I may wait and make those for DH and
> take something more Asian style instead, because we'll have limited
> kitchen space. Those Mahogany wings Carol posted looked good too...

Those Mahogany Wings are AWESOME. The recipe works well for drumsticks,
too. I like to garnish them with chopped-up scallions. Make sure there are
plenty of napkins!

Bob

Steve Wertz <[email protected]> writes:

>Yeah - I saw his posting history. I suspect that James is a
>friend of some sort. I mailed him a friendly note a couple times,
>but "it" never replied. There would seem to be two different
>personalities posting from that address. One uses capital
>letters, the other doesn't. IME, that's not something you turn on
>and off. You always do it one way or the other, not both.

Good catch. You're right, that isn't very consistent. I also noticed
his first post was a good 8 months before he began posting to Usenet
regularly, which often indicates a sock puppet account. Doesn't AOL
allow more than one username per account?

Stacia

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 03:33:49 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
(Glitter Ninja) wrote:

>Steve Wertz <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>Yeah - I saw his posting history. I suspect that James is a
>>friend of some sort. I mailed him a friendly note a couple times,
>>but "it" never replied. There would seem to be two different
>>personalities posting from that address. One uses capital
>>letters, the other doesn't. IME, that's not something you turn on
>>and off. You always do it one way or the other, not both.

> Good catch. You're right, that isn't very consistent. I also noticed
>his first post was a good 8 months before he began posting to Usenet
>regularly, which often indicates a sock puppet account. Doesn't AOL
>allow more than one username per account?

They allow 5, I believe. I have a few friends with AOL and they
always use each other's accounts - whoever happens to be logged
in. These were posting through Google. So once the cookie was
set to log in as one person, everybody on the machine used the
same AOL account.

The fact that it was posted through Google doesn't rule out that
the machine is open to outsiders. Since ~*****es~ has eluded to
having some "hacker friends" (though we suspect she's lying),
there's every possibility the machine has been compromised. And
by using the AOL software, it's almost a given.

I assume their running AOL over Cox cable, as the IP resolves to a
COX network. Like most cable providers, Cox resells AOL internet
service over their cable lines. The AOL email account is good,
since my email didn't bounce (twice).

-sw

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> Yeah! If I ever have a few bucks to spare, I'll mail you some nuts
> and some instant pistachio pudding. And a recipe for Watergate Salad
> to use the pudding mix in. Aw, heck. Here it is. It sounds
> terrible, but is yummy. Crash wants it with every big meal.

I don't think we have pistachio pudding here. But I have seen the nuts.
I'll get them some time to try.

Jen

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:07:14 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:28:21 GMT, sarah bennett
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Heather, if I am ever unfortunately widowed, and you are single, and
>>>same-sex marriages are legal, will you marry me?

>> Get in line, hag.
>>
>> serene

>ladies...ladies...there's enough of me to go around!

Woo-hoo!

serene

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:07:13 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>> what kind of beans?
>>>

>> Heather, if I am ever unfortunately widowed, and you are single, and
>> same-sex marriages are legal, will you marry me?
>>

>I scoff at the laws! I am a scofflaw! I was married for 10 1/2 years to a
>woman, I was never one to care about legalities!!!!

Cute-poet-chick and I got "married" at the "Chapel of Love", aka the
check-cashing place in San Diego. We had to show our drivers'
licenses, and we hadn't noticed until that moment that not only was
our hair the same in the license photos, but we had worn the same
sweater (not the same kind -- the same identical sweater) in our
photos, taken four months apart. From then on, our drivers' licenses
were called our "Wedding Photos".

serene

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> said:

> "Mr Libido Incognito" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Alan's Green Bean Almondine

> Thanks, Alan, and I have all of those ingredients except
> I don't like canned mushrooms, I have fresh. I'm making
> this tomorrow.

I probably won't make it for a while, but the recipe is definitely a
keeper... :)

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

One time on Usenet, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> said:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:46:19 GMT, [email protected] (jj -
> rfc) wrote:
>
> >One time on Usenet, Damsel in dis Dress
> ><[email protected]> said:

> >> Yeah, I'm sure that it would make the coating soft. We've never
> >> actually gotten as far as adding sauce. They're so good naked that
> >> they're gone before we can consider saucing them. I guess it just all
> >> depends on what you want from them. Personally, I like the crackle. I
> >> hate slimy skin on my chicken.

> >Well, now you've done it. I can't wait to amuse Miguel with these
> >"naked chicken wings", so I think I'll make some tonight for dinner
> >with baked potatoes. I have to go to the store anyway...

> ROFLMAO! I saw Pat post a little bit ago. Please post your thoughts
> on them. I'm sure she'd love to hear your glowing praise!
>
> Also, use whichever herbs and spice you like. I'm the one who listed
> what I use. It's definitely not cut in stone.

I didn't make them -- I'm not feeling well lately, so I got
Miguel to stop at the store on the way home and pick up a sirloin
tip roast instead. We cooked it on the rotisserie and had that with
the bakers and some corn. I'm hoping to be able to try the wings on
Thursday -- I'll definitely post my results... :)

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

One time on Usenet, "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz>
said:
> jj wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I was afraid of that. I may wait and make those for DH and
> > take something more Asian style instead, because we'll have limited
> > kitchen space. Those Mahogany wings Carol posted looked good too...

> Those Mahogany Wings are AWESOME. The recipe works well for drumsticks,
> too. I like to garnish them with chopped-up scallions. Make sure there are
> plenty of napkins!

Thanks for the tip, Bob... :)

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:36:16 -0400, ~patches~ wrote:

> I'm still
> debating between roasting or broasting. I do know a high heat is needed
> for this dish ;)

After all these years, I still don't know what brosting is. I
remember going to restaurants to eat broasted chicken and that's the
most experience I've ever had with it.

sf wrote:

> > I'm still
> > debating between roasting or broasting. I do know a high heat is needed
> > for this dish ;)

> After all these years, I still don't know what brosting is. I
> remember going to restaurants to eat broasted chicken and that's the
> most experience I've ever had with it.

Broasting is a patented process of deep frying under pressure.

On 11 Apr 2006 23:26:03 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> This thread has morphed into little more than a collection of your rants,
> accusations, threats, and insults, clearly generated by mental instability
> bordering on insanity. A psychiatrist would have a field day picking apart
> what passes for your brain. Almost as disturbing as this is, are those who
> have consistently countered and replied to your ravings. I can't imagine
> they don't know if they did not feed your affliction that this thread would
> have evaporated within 10 posts, and you would be looking for other targets
> elsewhere. More's the pity.

Remember what our Mom's used to say?
"It takes two to tango."

> When you first began posting here I found your posts very enjoyable. Now I
> shudder when i see your name.

Only in certain threads... I've killed all the others. Hopefully the
baiters will keep it to dedicated patches bashing threads and leave
this one alone.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:17:36 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On 12 Apr 2006 00:05:48 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue 11 Apr 2006 02:28:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Damsel in
> >dis Dress?
> >
> >> <clears throat> Until recently, you did pretty much the same thing.
> >> I've got to develop your nonchalance so I can follow in your
> >> footsteps. I don't like what I'm becoming.

> >I'll be the first to admit to feeding and fighting with some of those who
> >ranted and defamed others and myself. I learned my lesson when I realized
> >just how completely nuts most of these people are. Sane interaction is not
> >possible and it's simply not worth the attempt.

> And this is what I need to emulate. It's very difficult for me,
> though. I am a work in progress. <G>

So, you're putty in his hands?

On Wed 12 Apr 2006 06:43:02p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On 11 Apr 2006 23:26:03 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> This thread has morphed into little more than a collection of your
>> rants, accusations, threats, and insults, clearly generated by mental
>> instability bordering on insanity. A psychiatrist would have a field
>> day picking apart what passes for your brain. Almost as disturbing as
>> this is, are those who have consistently countered and replied to your
>> ravings. I can't imagine they don't know if they did not feed your
>> affliction that this thread would have evaporated within 10 posts, and
>> you would be looking for other targets elsewhere. More's the pity.

> Remember what our Mom's used to say?
> "It takes two to tango."

'Tis true!

>> When you first began posting here I found your posts very enjoyable.
>> Now I shudder when i see your name.

> Only in certain threads... I've killed all the others. Hopefully the
> baiters will keep it to dedicated patches bashing threads and leave
> this one alone.

I haven't killed any; I just avoid them.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

On 13 Apr 2006 05:08:31 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Only in certain threads... I've killed all the others. Hopefully the
>> baiters will keep it to dedicated patches bashing threads and leave
>> this one alone.

>I haven't killed any; I just avoid them.
>
>--

I reply to the threads/persons as long as they are relatively calm and
sane.....
If they go beyond that..I shut up.

It isn;t worth my energy..and I don't feel like encouraging insane
replys...

Christine

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:50:07 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> > > I'm still
> > > debating between roasting or broasting. I do know a high heat is needed
> > > for this dish ;)

> > After all these years, I still don't know what brosting is. I
> > remember going to restaurants to eat broasted chicken and that's the
> > most experience I've ever had with it.

> Broasting is a patented process of deep frying under pressure.

Thanks, Dave... that's another thing I don't have any experience with:
a pressurized deep fryer - although I've heard of it. Isn't pressure
frying a method some home cooks in the South use with chicken?

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:24:33 GMT, jj - rfc wrote:

> I didn't make them -- I'm not feeling well lately, so I got
> Miguel to stop at the store on the way home and pick up a sirloin
> tip roast instead.

I hope you feel better soon! This is a protracted illness, isn't it?

On 13 Apr 2006 05:08:31 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I haven't killed any; I just avoid them.

You're a better man than I am. LOL!

I'm loving my KF these days, in fact I just learned (thanks Damsel)
how to add "expressions" to my filters so I can kill even more threads
before they appear in my news reader.