Easter Menu

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by ~patches~, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. The Bubbo wrote:
    > sarah bennett wrote:
    >
    >>If you want to paste my fat ass on a t-shirt, by all means, go ahead. A
    >>fat-stretched-out belly hanging over worn-out underwear is just *so* hot.
    >>I am a horrible typist. Sorry if that bothers you.

    > can I get me one of these?
    > If not a shirt then an apron?

    hehe, heather. Why you gotta go make me smile when I'm all riled up?
    :)

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.cmayes.net/blog/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    Adam Bowman wrote:
    >I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
    > then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
    > wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
    > messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
    > your intention?
    >
    > That type of argument is like
    >
    > "Bob shot someone"
    >
    > "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

  2. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    The Bubbo wrote:

    > o.
    > >
    > > Hey. I cook from scratch too. Don't most people here?

    > I scratch when I cook, is that the same?

    I hope that you wash your hands after scratching "down there".
    :)

    > that reminds me, my sister asked me last night about my french toast, she said
    > she'd been trying to duplicate my recipe with no luck. Unfortunately, I don't
    > have a recipe, I just whip it up. I don't know. All she remembered is that I
    > made it with cinnamon raisin bread. I couldn't help her, but I told her to
    > just go with what she had. What she enjoyed about my french toast probably had
    > less to do with the recipe and everything to do with us having a good time
    > together.

    Is there an actual recipe for French toast. I thought that you mixed up an egg
    with some milk with some vanilla and cinnamon sugar and soaked some bread in it.
    The amount you use depends on how much you are making and if you like it really
    eggy or not.
    I don't like it so eggy that you end up with a skinny omelette under a piece of
    bread when it is done.

  3. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    ms_peacock wrote:

    > So exactly what is wrong with Miracle Whip? Or is that supposed to be some
    > kind of insult?

    I wonder about that too. My mother always used Miracle Whip because she
    preferred it to mayo. My wife insists on real (bottled) mayo. I don't much
    care for either, but the first time I needed mayonaise for something and found
    out that we were out I made some and my son went nuts over it. He was putting
    it on everything. So FWIW I find commercial mayo and Miracle Whip to be
    somewhat different, but both are a poor substitute for real mayonnaise.

  4. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sarah bennett wrote:
    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >> sarah bennett wrote:
    >>
    >>>If you want to paste my fat ass on a t-shirt, by all means, go ahead. A
    >>>fat-stretched-out belly hanging over worn-out underwear is just *so* hot.
    >>>I am a horrible typist. Sorry if that bothers you.

    >> can I get me one of these?
    >> If not a shirt then an apron?
    >>

    > hehe, heather. Why you gotta go make me smile when I'm all riled up?
    > :)

    dude, you know a nudity apron would be hot!

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  5. Goomba38 <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > ms_peacock wrote:
    >
    >> You'd think from the way she goes on she is the only person on the
    >> planet that cooks from scratch.
    >>
    >> Ms P

    > If I scratch while I cook, does that count?

    Scratch and sniff?

    Michael ////////////running from Goomba very quickly

    --
    "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
    served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

    --Calvin Trillin

  6. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Dave Smith wrote:

    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >
    >> o.
    >> >
    >> > Hey. I cook from scratch too. Don't most people here?

    >> I scratch when I cook, is that the same?
    >>

    > I hope that you wash your hands after scratching "down there".
    > :)

    what have you got against flavor?

    >> that reminds me, my sister asked me last night about my french toast, she

    said
    >> she'd been trying to duplicate my recipe with no luck. Unfortunately, I

    don't
    >> have a recipe, I just whip it up. I don't know. All she remembered is that

    >> made it with cinnamon raisin bread. I couldn't help her, but I told her to
    >> just go with what she had. What she enjoyed about my french toast probably

    had
    >> less to do with the recipe and everything to do with us having a good time
    >> together.

    > Is there an actual recipe for French toast. I thought that you mixed up an

    egg
    > with some milk with some vanilla and cinnamon sugar and soaked some bread in

    it.
    > The amount you use depends on how much you are making and if you like it

    really
    > eggy or not.
    > I don't like it so eggy that you end up with a skinny omelette under a piece

    of
    > bread when it is done.

    yeah, I don't know. I suggested that maybe she add cinnamon, cardamom and
    ginger to the eggs as that's my trinity that I add to just about everything.
    She said it wasn't so much flavor as texture. I don't know, man, no two
    batches are ever the same with me.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  7. ms_peacock

    ms_peacock Guest

    "Jude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ms_peacock wrote:
    >
    >> grilled chicken
    >> potato salad
    >> baked beans
    >> devilled eggs
    >>

    > Glad I'm not the only one eating non-traditional foods for
    > Easter...we're having an Easter BBQ on Saturday night.
    >
    > Starters:
    > Chips & spinach dip
    > devilled eggs
    > celery stuffed with bleu cheese and hazelnuts
    > crackers, cream cheese, and red pepper - cherry jelly
    >
    > Dinner:
    > Shrimp and pineapple kabobs with Mississippi vanilla BBQ sauce
    > Grilled chicken and mahi-mahi with regular BBQ sauce
    > Cornbread
    > Baked Beans
    > Vegi Kabobs
    > Potaot Salad
    > Strawberry pretzel jello salad
    >
    > Dessert:
    > Mini oreo cheesecakes
    > crumb topped blueberry pie
    >
    > Beverages: Soda, sweet tea, lemonade, white zinfandel

    By Easter my hubby is sick of turkey and ham and he doesn't like lamb
    anyway. As long as Easter is fairly late the weather here is generally
    cooperative for a cook out. Besides, we tend not to have traditonal meals
    for holidays anyway. The only one we stick with tradition is Thanksgiving.

    Cornbread would be an excellent addition to the menu! I can mix the dry at
    my house and add the liquids over at her house and toss in the oven so it'll
    be hot and fresh out of the oven when supper is ready.

    Ms P

  8. The Bubbo wrote:
    > sarah bennett wrote:
    >
    >>The Bubbo wrote:

    >>>can I get me one of these?
    >>>If not a shirt then an apron?
    >>>

    >>hehe, heather. Why you gotta go make me smile when I'm all riled up?
    >>:)
    >>

    > dude, you know a nudity apron would be hot!

    not with the picture I was referring to!

    --

  9. The Bubbo wrote:
    > Dave Smith wrote:
    >
    >>The Bubbo wrote:
    >>

    >>>o.

    >>>I scratch when I cook, is that the same?
    >>>

    >>I hope that you wash your hands after scratching "down there".
    >>:)

    > what have you got against flavor?

    well, some of us don't like our food to taste of ball sweat. but
    whatever floats your boat, girl :)

    --

    Adam Bowman wrote:
    >I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
    > then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
    > wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
    > messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
    > your intention?
    >
    > That type of argument is like
    >
    > "Bob shot someone"
    >
    > "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

  10. On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:03:44 -0600, "ms_peacock"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> BTW, are you using miracle whip for your tater salad. Likely :(

    >So exactly what is wrong with Miracle Whip? Or is that supposed to be some
    >kind of insult?

    I don't care for it, personally. Too sweet. But why disparage
    someone else's personal tastes?

    Carol
    --

    Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
    they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

    Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

  11. ~patches~ was on the rag:

    >>> Here's my menu for Easter dinner.
    >>>
    >>> mesclun salad
    >>> glazed ham
    >>> scalloped potatoes
    >>> corn
    >>> homemade yeast rolls
    >>> irish cream cheese cake

    >> My SIL is probably getting one of those meals from the supermarket.

    > Mine is not from the supermarket

    <snip>

    >> Ham
    >> Green Salad
    >> Rolls
    >> Potato Salad (I'm making this)

    Silly girl, Sarah said that the meal from the supermarket was the one with
    the green salad, not YOUR meal. Her post was completely inoffensive, which
    is more than I can say for YOUR post.

    >> I don;t knwo what we're doing for dessert. I shoudl call her and ask if
    >> she needs me to make something.

    > Maybe a dictionary would help with the spelling problems? Oops, looking
    > at your pics that can be used under "fair use" I doubt it. You're just a
    > tad dense, aren't you.

    I always get a kick out of people who make spelling or grammatical errors
    while they're officiously pointing out similar errors perpetrated by others.

    > BTW, are you using miracle whip for your tater salad. Likely :(

    "De gustibus non est disputandum." It's pointless to criticize using
    Miracle Whip in potato salad simply because YOU don't like it. But it does
    give you something in common with Sheldon, if that was your goal.

    Bob

  12. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sarah bennett wrote:
    > The Bubbo wrote:

    >> dude, you know a nudity apron would be hot!
    >>

    > not with the picture I was referring to!

    i know the picture, a little grundie undie action for everyone!

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  13. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sarah bennett wrote:

    > not with the picture I was referring to!

    also, i stole your soul when you weren't looking

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  14. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sarah bennett wrote:
    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >> Dave Smith wrote:

    >>>I hope that you wash your hands after scratching "down there".
    >>>:)

    >> what have you got against flavor?
    >>

    > well, some of us don't like our food to taste of ball sweat. but
    > whatever floats your boat, girl :)

    i..um...I don't have balls....
    I mean I've got cojones up to here, but no actual balls

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  15. ms_peacock

    ms_peacock Guest

    news:[email protected]

  16. The Bubbo wrote:
    > sarah bennett wrote:
    >
    >>The Bubbo wrote:

    >>>dude, you know a nudity apron would be hot!
    >>>

    >>not with the picture I was referring to!
    >>

    > i know the picture, a little grundie undie action for everyone!

    um, ew.

    --

  17. The Bubbo wrote:
    > sarah bennett wrote:
    >

    >>not with the picture I was referring to!
    >>

    > also, i stole your soul when you weren't looking

    hehe.

    --

  18. The Bubbo wrote:
    > sarah bennett wrote:
    >
    >>The Bubbo wrote:

    >>>what have you got against flavor?
    >>>

    >>well, some of us don't like our food to taste of ball sweat. but
    >>whatever floats your boat, girl :)
    >>

    > i..um...I don't have balls....
    > I mean I've got cojones up to here, but no actual balls

    ok, like tuna, then ;)

    --

    Adam Bowman wrote:
    >I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
    > then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
    > wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
    > messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
    > your intention?
    >
    > That type of argument is like
    >
    > "Bob shot someone"
    >
    > "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

  19. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sarah bennett wrote:
    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >> sarah bennett wrote:

    >>>not with the picture I was referring to!
    >>>

    >> i know the picture, a little grundie undie action for everyone!
    >>

    > um, ew.

    but not 'ew' on an apron!

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  20. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > Goomba38 <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> ms_peacock wrote:
    >>
    >>> You'd think from the way she goes on she is the only person on the
    >>> planet that cooks from scratch.
    >>>
    >>> Ms P

    >> If I scratch while I cook, does that count?

    > Scratch and sniff?
    >
    > Michael ////////////running from Goomba very quickly

    Ohhhhhhhhhhh I could hurt you so bad!! LOL
    Did I LOOK like a scratch and sniff kinda gal!?
    <shakes head in bemusement>