Easter Menu

sarah bennett wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> sarah bennett wrote:

>>>well, some of us don't like our food to taste of ball sweat. but
>>>whatever floats your boat, girl :)
>>>

>> i..um...I don't have balls....
>> I mean I've got cojones up to here, but no actual balls
>>

> ok, like tuna, then ;)

!!SURPRISE!!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

sarah bennett wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> sarah bennett wrote:
>>

>>>not with the picture I was referring to!
>>>

>> also, i stole your soul when you weren't looking
>>

> hehe.

and pretended it was mine...
until I photoshopped a **** into its mouth.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> hitched up their
panties and posted news:[email protected]:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:03:44 -0600, "ms_peacock"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> BTW, are you using miracle whip for your tater salad. Likely :(

>>So exactly what is wrong with Miracle Whip? Or is that supposed to be
>>some kind of insult?

> I don't care for it, personally. Too sweet. But why disparage
> someone else's personal tastes?
>
> Carol

I do not like Miracle Whip myself. For some reason it's too sweet for me.
OTOH, lots of people use it. My mother uses it in potato salad but the
sweetness is cut from the mustard she adds. To each his/her own.

Michael

--
"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

--Calvin Trillin

The Bubbo wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>
>>The Bubbo wrote:

>>>also, i stole your soul when you weren't looking
>>>

>>hehe.
>>

> and pretended it was mine...
> until I photoshopped a **** into its mouth.

ok, this, I gotta see! :)

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.cmayes.net/blog/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

sarah bennett wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> sarah bennett wrote:

>>>hehe.
>>>

>> and pretended it was mine...
>> until I photoshopped a **** into its mouth.
>>

> ok, this, I gotta see! :)

no way! i show you, you go stealing it pretending like it's yours. Next thing
I know I see someone walk by in a thong with that picture on it.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Jude wondered:

>> (Jack Schidt's) Strawberry Spring Salad

> Details? I made my aut helen's spinach-strawberry-pecan salad with
> poppyseed dressing tonight. I love fruit in salads.

Through the magic of Google:

Strawberry Spring Salad
Yield: 4 Servings

3 tablespoons White wine vinegar
3 tablespoons Water
1 tablespoon Honey
2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
3 cups Strawberries, quartered
10 oz Italian Blend salad greens
4 teaspoon Pine nuts, roasted

Combine first 6 ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Combine strawberries
and greens. Add the vinegar mix; toss to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.

>> Anadama Bread

> Which is......?

Um...kind of a dense bread made by adding cornmeal and molasses to a white
bread dough. It's one of those old New England Yankee recipes. I like it
with ham.

> Stupid grocery had rhubarb for about 1 day. If i could hope to find it,
> I'd make either a pie, or barbs cake. Or both.

I got the rhubarb from a local farmer's market. It BETTER be good, since I
lose about two-and-a-half hours of sleep when I go there!

Bob

The Bubbo wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>
>>The Bubbo wrote:

>>>and pretended it was mine...
>>>until I photoshopped a **** into its mouth.
>>>

>>ok, this, I gotta see! :)
>>

> no way! i show you, you go stealing it pretending like it's yours. Next thing
> I know I see someone walk by in a thong with that picture on it.

http://www.cafepress.com/anisaerah.54006787

heh.

--

sarah bennett wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> sarah bennett wrote:

>>>ok, this, I gotta see! :)
>>>

>> no way! i show you, you go stealing it pretending like it's yours. Next

thing
>> I know I see someone walk by in a thong with that picture on it.
>>

> http://www.cafepress.com/anisaerah.54006787
>
> heh.

you are my most favoritest ever!

--

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Jude wondered:
>
> >> (Jack Schidt's) Strawberry Spring Salad

> > Details? I made my aut helen's spinach-strawberry-pecan salad with
> > poppyseed dressing tonight. I love fruit in salads.

> Through the magic of Google:
>
> Strawberry Spring Salad
> Yield: 4 Servings
>
> 3 tablespoons White wine vinegar
> 3 tablespoons Water
> 1 tablespoon Honey
> 2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
> 1/8 teaspoon Salt
> 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
> 3 cups Strawberries, quartered
> 10 oz Italian Blend salad greens
> 4 teaspoon Pine nuts, roasted
>
> Combine first 6 ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Combine strawberries
> and greens. Add the vinegar mix; toss to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.

Hm. Pretty similar idea. Sub spinach for baby greens, pecans for pine
nuts.

Dressing is more 50s American - vegetable oil (I use canola), apple
cider vinegar, a hefty dose of sugar, a little paprika, micned onion
and worcestershire, plus poppy seeds, emulsified in the blender. gonna
try this one - lighter, more my style, I'd guess.

> >> Anadama Bread

> > Which is......?

> Um...kind of a dense bread made by adding cornmeal and molasses to a white
> bread dough. It's one of those old New England Yankee recipes. I like it
> with ham.

Wow, I've never heard of it. Hafta keep an eye out for it. Although,
I'm not a huge eater of white breads.

> > Stupid grocery had rhubarb for about 1 day. If i could hope to find it,
> > I'd make either a pie, or barbs cake. Or both.

> I got the rhubarb from a local farmer's market. It BETTER be good, since I
> lose about two-and-a-half hours of sleep when I go there!

Ouch! Our ';farmers market" is actually several small shops/stalls run
by various small local farms, but no rhubarb that i've seen. it's open
all day, no lost sleep there! and my local farm stand doesn't open til
april.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:39:45 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 01:20:52 GMT, sarah bennett
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://www.cafepress.com/anisaerah.54006787
>>
>>heh.

>ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still laughing. You stole your own picture! This is probably
actionable. *smirkles*

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

"Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ms_peacock wrote:
>
>> So exactly what is wrong with Miracle Whip? Or is that supposed to be
>> some
>> kind of insult?

> I wonder about that too. My mother always used Miracle Whip because she
> preferred it to mayo. My wife insists on real (bottled) mayo. I don't
> much
> care for either, but the first time I needed mayonaise for something and
> found
> out that we were out I made some and my son went nuts over it. He was
> putting
> it on everything. So FWIW I find commercial mayo and Miracle Whip to be
> somewhat different, but both are a poor substitute for real mayonnaise.

I think my mom prefers mayo. It's been so long since I left home I don't
remember what she used then but I think now it's mayo. I don't really use a
whole lot of Miracle Whip on anything but hubby eats it like it's going out
of style. No more than I would use real mayo myself I just never saw the
reason to make it and throw away half or more.

Ms P

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 01:20:52 GMT, sarah bennett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>http://www.cafepress.com/anisaerah.54006787
>>
>>heh.

> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Carol

"the underwear that make you look really hot, at least comparatively"

--

sarah bennett wrote:
> ~patches~ wrote:
>
>> BTW, are you using miracle whip for your tater salad. Likely :(
>>

> Uh, yeah, I'm using miracle whip. Because that's what the recipe *my
> husband's grandmother's) calls for. I hate Miracle whip, but it makes
> the potato salad taste like her potato salad, and that's why I make the
> damned thing every year in the first place.

What's wrong with Miracle Whip? I use real mayonnaise in egg salad and
devilled eggs because it works better with eggs, I don't know why.
In potato salad I sometimes a little mayo with the MW if the potato
salad has boiled eggs in it. Other than that, I pretty much just use
Miracle Whip.

I like the concept of real mayo better, but there's something about the
taste that almost makes me gag and I don't know why. Maybe it's just
too rich and oily.

--
Bob

Glitter Ninja wrote:

> Every year I feel like I'm the only person on RFC who doesn't have an
> Easter dinner. I've never celebrated Easter, but mom did like to use
> the excuse to make a nice dinner, especially last year when she was
> sick. So now this year Easter has bad memories instead of just being a
> holiday I never thought about. Feh :(

I'm more or less in the group who celebrates Easter as an excuse to
have a nice dinner...and those chocolate bunnies and all...grew up in
an Italian Catholic family, and some things just stay a tradition.
This year Easter falls on my DH's birthday, so I'll have to make an
extra fancy dessert.

> I'll be thinking of you all while I eat Chinese
> delivery and watch MST3K to try to get my mind off everything.

That got my attention!! I haven't seen MST3K for YEARS! I think I'll
go look up the TV listings now....
Easter menu will be roasted cornish game hens stuffed with wild rice,
dried cherries and pecans, steamed asparagus with a bit of butter and
lemon, and green leaf salad with whatever looks good at the market and
a citrus dressing. Oh, and maybe a grand coconut layer cake for
dessert.

Hope your DH feels better soon.
Sandy

Jude wrote:

>> I got the rhubarb from a local farmer's market. It BETTER be good, since
>> I lose about two-and-a-half hours of sleep when I go there!

> Ouch! Our ';farmers market" is actually several small shops/stalls run
> by various small local farms, but no rhubarb that i've seen. it's open
> all day, no lost sleep there! and my local farm stand doesn't open til
> april.

Our year-round farmer's market is Saturday mornings from 8:30 AM to noon. My
work schedule has me sleeping from 6 AM until 2 PM on Saturdays, and the
drive to the market takes about an hour.

Bob

Possibly because ham, otherwise know as pork, is not Kosher, therefore
a step of separation from the Passover, which is definitely a Jewish
holy day. Easter, the fulfillment of the prophecies, was not accepted
by the Jewish peoples so it becomes a sort of 'nyah, nyah,nyah' in that
if you won't recognize our holy day we'll just serve food you can't eat
to spite you......nothing like good ol' Christian charity is there.
-Ginny

How the hell would I know? Now ******** you warty toad.