>>> Mine is not from the supermarket and I don't appreciate the
>>> implication, thief. Your sil is free to do as she chooses. I'm
>>> making all of the above including the cheese cake from scratch
>>> although I did not cure the ham. Scallop potatoes are always made
>>> from scratch. You should know from my posts, you know the ones you
>>> don't steal, that I do things from scratch.

>> BTW, how's the weather in Boulder?
>>

> How the hell would I know? Now ******** you warty toad.

Heh. would have been nice to see your face when you saw that :)

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.cmayes.net/blog/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

~patches~ wrote:

> That's not potato salad! Miracle whip for potato salad. Are you nuts?

pot? ist that you? I have your kettle over here!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

The Bubbo <[email protected]> writes:

>get some ice cream too, I recently re-discovered coffee heath bar crunch.

That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy. Somehow I
haven't finished the whole pint, even though I bought it almost a week
ago.

Stacia

Glitter Ninja wrote:
> The Bubbo <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>get some ice cream too, I recently re-discovered coffee heath bar crunch.

> That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
> Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy. Somehow I
> haven't finished the whole pint, even though I bought it almost a week
> ago.
>
> Stacia

oooh i've not seen that yet
i'm going to look for it

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:54:28 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
Ninja) wrote:

>The Bubbo <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>get some ice cream too, I recently re-discovered coffee heath bar crunch.

> That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
>Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy. Somehow I
>haven't finished the whole pint, even though I bought it almost a week
>ago.
>
>Stacia

I wish you hadn't told me about this.... ;)

Christine

biig wrote:

>>ObFood: I make the scalloped potatoes without cheese. The potatoes are
>>sliced thinly and sauce added. Two rules, butter only and the potatoes
>>are always topped with fresh parsley or chives. This year chives are up
>>faster than parsley so it will likely be chives.

> I'm trying to grow some herbs, starting them inside with a grow
> light. The chives came up really quick, then kind of quit. they are
> still mostly green, but limp. Do yours come up outside this early in
> the season? .....Sharon

Yes Sharon, chives are like weeds. They reseed themselves and spread
like crazy. Mine have been up and ready for cutting for the past 2
weeks. I'm in zone 6A with a projected last frost date of May 9. I'm
forever cutting them back and pulling new shoots. Chives are wonderful
but one small patch can easily lead to a yardful!

On Mon 10 Apr 2006 08:03:35p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
Dabney?

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:54:28 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
> Ninja) wrote:
>
>>The Bubbo <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>>get some ice cream too, I recently re-discovered coffee heath bar
>>>crunch.

>> That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
>>Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy. Somehow I
>>haven't finished the whole pint, even though I bought it almost a week
>>ago.
>>
>>Stacia

> I wish you hadn't told me about this.... ;)
>
> Christine

You're in deep doodoo now!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Stacia wrote:

> That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
> Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy. Somehow I
> haven't finished the whole pint, even though I bought it almost a week
> ago.

Try putting a scoop into a cup of coffee. Add Grand Marnier to taste.

Bob

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

>>BTW, are you using miracle whip for your tater salad. Likely :(

> "De gustibus non est disputandum." It's pointless to criticize using
> Miracle Whip in potato salad simply because YOU don't like it. But it does
> give you something in common with Sheldon, if that was your goal.

Oh Man! Being in league with Shelly is *not* what I had in mind ;)

~patches~ wrote:

> Yes Sharon, chives are like weeds. They reseed themselves and spread
> like crazy. Mine have been up and ready for cutting for the past 2
> weeks. I'm in zone 6A with a projected last frost date of May 9. I'm
> forever cutting them back and pulling new shoots. Chives are wonderful
> but one small patch can easily lead to a yardful!

Around my place they are weeds. I have some black walnut and oak trees that
have ruined the vegetable garden that used to be beside them, and the lawn
back there isn't doing well either. I don't know who planted the chives back
there, but they thrive around the base of the black walnut trees. I also have
them popping up in my herb garden, a flower garden and in the lawn.

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> hitched up their
> panties and posted news:[email protected]:
>

>>On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:03:44 -0600, "ms_peacock"
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>So exactly what is wrong with Miracle Whip? Or is that supposed to be
>>>some kind of insult?

>>I don't care for it, personally. Too sweet. But why disparage
>>someone else's personal tastes?
>>
>>Carol

> I do not like Miracle Whip myself. For some reason it's too sweet for me.
> OTOH, lots of people use it. My mother uses it in potato salad but the
> sweetness is cut from the mustard she adds. To each his/her own.
>
> Michael

Two points. First I thought Dams had me killfiled so why is she
bothering to answer? Honestly, I did the same and wouldn't have seen
her reply except for the quote. Here's a clue if you announce you are
killfiling someone, don't reply. Replying is a dead give away your
didn't killfile in the first place. Second, I like MW for some things
but for most prefer mayo. I agree it is a personal choice.

~patches~ wrote:

> Two points. First I thought Dams had me killfiled so why is she
> bothering to answer? Honestly, I did the same and wouldn't have seen
> her reply except for the quote. Here's a clue if you are crazy don't forget
> the crazy hat with the pipe cleaners and the cheese wrappers

huh...i see

--

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> writes:

>On Mon 10 Apr 2006 08:03:35p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
>Dabney?

>> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:54:28 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
>> Ninja) wrote:
>>
>>> That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
>>>Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy.

>> I wish you hadn't told me about this.... ;)

>You're in deep doodoo now!

Nonsense. I have brought joy to those who post here by recommending
the yummiest ice cream I've ever had. Also my mere presence brings
happiness to all.

Stacia

"Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> writes:

>Stacia wrote:

>> That's a good idea. I just discovered Mayan Chocolate from Haagen
>> Daas, which is cinnamon and chocolate and is so yummy. Somehow I
>> haven't finished the whole pint, even though I bought it almost a week
>> ago.

>Try putting a scoop into a cup of coffee. Add Grand Marnier to taste.

You're an evil man. But since I have some biscotti tht has to be
eaten soon or it'll go stale [1] I'll just have to try it.

[1] Yes, it's a joke.

Stacia

~patches~ wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> hitched up their
>> panties and posted news:[email protected]:

>>> I don't care for it, personally. Too sweet. But why disparage
>>> someone else's personal tastes?
>>>
>>> Carol

>> I do not like Miracle Whip myself. For some reason it's too sweet for
>> me. OTOH, lots of people use it. My mother uses it in potato salad
>> but the sweetness is cut from the mustard she adds. To each his/her own.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Two points. First I thought Dams had me killfiled so why is she
> bothering to answer? Honestly, I did the same and wouldn't have seen
> her reply except for the quote. Here's a clue if you announce you are
> killfiling someone, don't reply. Replying is a dead give away your
> didn't killfile in the first place.

Depends how much time has passed.

I just took you out of my killfile today, but you're still acting like a
nut so I'm not sure if you go back in for another week or not -- at
least you're not disrupting the whole group anymore, so probably not.

> Second, I like MW for some things
> but for most prefer mayo. I agree it is a personal choice.

Best regards,
Bob

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:26:18 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>~patches~ wrote:
>
>> Two points. First I thought Dams had me killfiled so why is she
>> bothering to answer? Honestly, I did the same and wouldn't have seen
>> her reply except for the quote. Here's a clue if you are crazy don't forget
>> the crazy hat with the pipe cleaners and the cheese wrappers

>huh...i see

Only my friends call me Dams.
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:28:57 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
Ninja) wrote:

>Also my mere presence brings happiness to all.

Darn tootin'!

ObToot: A Campbell's clone created by moi.
Disclaimer: The liquid smoke is there to achieve the Campbell's
flavor, and is completely optional.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bean with Bacon Soup

Recipe By :Damsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 pound dried navy beans -- (2 cups)
1/4 pound bacon slices
1 medium onion -- finely diced
2 medium carrots -- finely diced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 medium bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 cups water
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring -- optional

Sort and wash beans, and soak overnight in a large soup pot in 6 cups
lukewarm water. Remove to a colander, drain thoroughly and rinse.

Cut bacon slices at 1/2-inch intervals. Fry bacon pieces in the soup
pot until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside. Saute onion in bacon
drippings until translucent.

In the soup pot, combine all ingredients except liquid smoke. Heat to
boiling, then lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until
beans are tender. Add liquid smoke to taste.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

On Mon 10 Apr 2006 08:28:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Glitter
Ninja?

> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> writes:
>
>>On Mon 10 Apr 2006 08:03:35p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
>>Dabney?

>>> I wish you hadn't told me about this.... ;)

>>You're in deep doodoo now!

> Nonsense. I have brought joy to those who post here by recommending
> the yummiest ice cream I've ever had. Also my mere presence brings
> happiness to all.
>
> Stacia

And deep doodoo! :)

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:34:40 -0500, zxcvbob <[email protected]>
wrote:

>~patches~ wrote:
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>>
>>> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> hitched up their
>>> panties and posted news:[email protected]:

>>> I do not like Miracle Whip myself. For some reason it's too sweet for
>>> me. OTOH, lots of people use it. My mother uses it in potato salad
>>> but the sweetness is cut from the mustard she adds. To each his/her own.

>> Two points. First I thought Dams had me killfiled so why is she
>> bothering to answer? Honestly, I did the same and wouldn't have seen
>> her reply except for the quote. Here's a clue if you announce you are
>> killfiling someone, don't reply. Replying is a dead give away your
>> didn't killfile in the first place.

Oh, for crying out loud! I was responding to Ms. Peacock, not you, ya
nutcake! You are NOT the center of the universe. Will someone please
quote this so Queen **** can read it?

Carol
--

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:34:40 -0500, zxcvbob <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>~patches~ wrote:

>>> Two points. First I thought Dams had me killfiled so why is she
>>> bothering to answer? Honestly, I did the same and wouldn't have seen
>>> her reply except for the quote. Here's a clue if you announce you are
>>> killfiling someone, don't reply. Replying is a dead give away your
>>> didn't killfile in the first place.

> Oh, for crying out loud! I was responding to Ms. Peacock, not you, ya
> nutcake! You are NOT the center of the universe. Will someone please
> quote this so Queen **** can read it?
>
> Carol

Can I have an ice cream?