Easton Carbon seat post beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony

A friend of mine purchased a new Easton Carbon EC90 seat post, sat on the bike in the garage and
the top just snapped off, he was very very lucky he didn't 'impale' himself. Imagine what could
have happened

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Tony wrote:

>A friend of mine purchased a new Easton Carbon EC90 seat post, sat on the bike in the garage and
>the top just snapped off, he was very very lucky he didn't 'impale' himself. Imagine what could
>have happened

Where did he buy the seatpost? What size was the seatpost? What size was the seatpost it replaced?
How much does 'your friend' weigh?

A failure like this is not normal. There was either damage already to the post or it was the wrong
size. In any event, it should be no issue at the LBS he, hopefully, purchased it from. >

It was the right size 27.2 , and he only weighs 70kg's "John Rees" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Tony wrote:
>
> >A friend of mine purchased a new Easton Carbon EC90 seat post, sat on the bike in the garage and
> >the top just snapped off, he was very very lucky
he
> >didn't 'impale' himself. Imagine what could have happened
>
> Where did he buy the seatpost? What size was the seatpost? What size was
the
> seatpost it replaced? How much does 'your friend' weigh?
>
> A failure like this is not normal. There was either damage already to the post or it was the wrong
> size. In any event, it should be no issue at the
LBS
> he, hopefully, purchased it from. >
>
> From: John B. Rees [email protected]

Originally posted by Tony
A friend of mine purchased a new Easton Carbon EC90 seat post, sat on the bike in the garage and
the top just snapped off, he was very very lucky he didn't 'impale' himself. Imagine what could
have happened

Is it possible your friend over-tightened the binder bolt?

- Dennis in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.