Easton Circuit Wheelset cogs will not staying tight

jwedeking

Jan 4, 2005
I'm running a circuit wheelset, after a few days of riding my dura ace cog set lock nut loosens. Should I use lock-tight on the threads?
:mad:

jwedeking said:
I'm running a circuit wheelset, after a few days of riding my dura ace cog set lock nut loosens. Should I use lock-tight on the threads?

Lock tight should not be necessary. I would start by making sure the lockring is properly torqued. Shimano recommends 30-50 Nm (261-434 in.lbs) and Park Tool recommends at least 40 Nm (about 360 in.lbs). Campy recommends 50 Nm which is higher than they recommend for any component except BB cups. This is quite tight and if you are not using a torque wrench, it may feel tight but may be under torqued and could loosen with the vibration and stress of riding.

jwedeking said:
If 10 speed, did you put the spacer on the hub body first?

boudreaux said:
If 10 speed, did you put the spacer on the hub body first?
Spacer is on, but the cogs don't fit over the cassette body snugly, could this be an issue?

jwedeking said:
Spacer is on, but the cogs don't fit over the cassette body snugly, could this be an issue?
Yes, it likely the issue.
Your pedaling force is moving the cogset. This isn't good for the cassette freehub body and it will allow a small rocking motion.
Does your wheel use White Industries LTA hub?
http://www.reynoldscomposites.com/
is the website of the manufacturer. You should use their contact information to seek a solution.

daveornee said:
Yes, it likely the issue.
Your pedaling force is moving the cogset. This isn't good for the cassette freehub body and it will allow a small rocking motion.
Does your wheel use White Industries LTA hub?
http://www.reynoldscomposites.com/
is the website of the manufacturer. You should use their contact information to seek a solution.
I'm using velomax hubs