Easton EA50 Aero Wheels vs. Mavic Aksium Wheels

the Aksiums are the entry level wheels for Pre-Built or factory built wheels from Mavic,
i think you get a good quality to price ratio but they are a bit difficult to service because of the proprietary spokes they have, even for small truing you need a special tool, that is not provided at purchase, because of the bladed shape of the spokes and worse if you need to replace a broken one you have to buy that specific Mavic spoke,

The Eastons also have bladed spokes, so would they be so much of a hassle as the Mavics?

It is not the spoke but the nipple which is the problem with truing. The Eastons have more of a traditional nipple which is easier to work (though you will probably get truing done at a shop anyway so this point is rather moot).

Spokes are more important from an availability and replacement cost standpoint. The Eastons seem (from photos) to use standard steel J-bend spokes which should be replaceable with any J-bend spoke at a pinch (which any bike shop should have for AU$2+). The Mavics use an entirely proprietary system which means that (1) not all shops will have them in stock when you need them and (2) they will be between three and five times the price of standard J-bend steel.

I have no idea how they ride, and I'd always prefer hand built 32 spoke wheels at this price point, but purely based on the components used, they look a slightly more serviceable option than Aksiums.

Ok cool thanks, I was leaning towards the Eastons anyway but this makes sense. And I looked around the web and found that the Eastons do have steel bladed J bend spokes.

Ok cool thanks, I was leaning towards the Eastons anyway but this makes sense. And I looked around the web and found that the Eastons do have steel bladed J bend spokes.

yes 5 times the cost for the Aksium's spokes,
nipple is standard but you still need the damn tool so the bladed side stays in the correct position,