Easton EA70 + Barends?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by W A S A T C H, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Recently I have had some people tell me that I should not be using barends on the Easton EA70
    Mountain Flatbar. Is this something I should be worried about? If so can I use some type of
    aftermarket press in handle bar reinforcement device? (ie. B.E.R.T.S) Is the only danger crimping
    the ends of the bar?

    Thanks for any help

    Tags:

  2. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    W a s a t c h wrote:
    > Recently I have had some people tell me that I should not be using barends on the Easton EA70
    > Mountain Flatbar. Is this something I should be worried about? If so can I use some type of
    > aftermarket press in handle bar reinforcement device? (ie. B.E.R.T.S) Is the only danger crimping
    > the ends of the bar?
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    I've been using some on mine for years. I use the long, wraparound kind that're harder on the bars
    than most (sitck further out and apply more turning torque). Don't know if I've just been lucky, but
    I haven't had any problems.

    David