Easton EC-70 vs. Kestrel EMS Pro

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Calvin Legh, Feb 9, 2003.

  1. Calvin Legh

    Calvin Legh Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm looking at replacing my cro-mo road bike fork for either an Easton EC-70 or Kestrel EMS Pro fork
    and I was wondering if anyone wanted to offer the opinion of either of these two (or any others
    around $130). I'm not a very heavy rider (approx. 140lbs) so that could be a factor in my decision.
    I'm leaning toward the Kestrel at the moment as I don't know a lot about the Easton.

    Thanks,

    Calvin.

    Tags:

  2. Ari

    Ari Guest

    I use the easton on my cyclocross bike, it's nice but it has a unique shape that could wreak havoc
    on your current bike fit. I would opt for that newer kestrel bar that weighs the same as the easton
    and has a more traditional fit. The older version of the kestrel bar wasn't significantly lighter
    than a good strong alloy bar (235g I think, the newer generation is under 200g).

    good luck, you can't go wrong either way if the shape of the eastron works for you.