Easton EC-70 vs. Kestrel EMS Pro

Calvin Legh

Guest
Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing my cro-mo road bike fork for either an Easton EC-70 or Kestrel EMS Pro fork
and I was wondering if anyone wanted to offer the opinion of either of these two (or any others
around $130). I'm not a very heavy rider (approx. 140lbs) so that could be a factor in my decision.
I'm leaning toward the Kestrel at the moment as I don't know a lot about the Easton.

Thanks,

Calvin.

I use the easton on my cyclocross bike, it's nice but it has a unique shape that could wreak havoc
on your current bike fit. I would opt for that newer kestrel bar that weighs the same as the easton
and has a more traditional fit. The older version of the kestrel bar wasn't significantly lighter
than a good strong alloy bar (235g I think, the newer generation is under 200g).

good luck, you can't go wrong either way if the shape of the eastron works for you.