Easton EC90 Aero

domp444

Sep 28, 2009
I have two Easton EC90 Aeros (tubulars) on my Pinarello Prince, and I was wondering what the recommended pressure is for them. I weigh 152 lbs and have Vittoria Corsa EVO CX Tubular tires on it. I couldn't find this information anywhere, but I heard somewhere it should be around 120? I find that they are hard enough at about 100-105.

I'm riding EA90 Aero's on Open Corsa's at 100psi clinchers and that is more then enough for me. I am uncertain as to tubulars though I gather they should be similar but no less then 100.

Vittoria tubulars run great at 120psi for your weight, this is probably optimal for most riding.

Race in the rain: 105 front 110 rear
Race on very good roads 140 front 145 rear

Beware that they lose preasure overnight and have to be inflated just before ride/race starte.

Vittoria Pit Stop for flats on the road, it's not the ultimate solution but should get you back up and riding 80% of the time.

120 psi with a 152 lb rider is great if you like a bumpy ride and you dislike large contact patches. 100 psi would be a lot more appropriate. Christ, I'm 175, and I only run Vittoria tubs at 105f/110r

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys! I've looked all over the internet for recommended pressures and couldn't find any information anywhere. 120 sounded good to me but I just wanted to make sure. I don't know if I'll go all the way up to 150 though. Thanks again guys!

cwdzoot said:
Vittoria tubulars run great at 120psi for your weight, this is probably optimal for most riding.

Race in the rain: 105 front 110 rear
Race on very good roads 140 front 145 rear

Beware that they lose preasure overnight and have to be inflated just before ride/race starte.

Vittoria Pit Stop for flats on the road, it's not the ultimate solution but should get you back up and riding 80% of the time.

Would I be able to use the Vittoria Pit Stop if I have extensions on my valves?

domp444 said:
Would I be able to use the Vittoria Pit Stop if I have extensions on my valves?

Yes you can but I would take the time to unscrew the extension, bleep the valve, put the extension back and then inflate with the pitstop. Better than the standard extensions is the tufo or vittoria type that extends the valve and has it's accessable to you when you pump.

cwdzoot said:
Yes you can but I would take the time to unscrew the extension, bleep the valve, put the extension back and then inflate with the pitstop. Better than the standard extensions is the tufo or vittoria type that extends the valve and has it's accessable to you when you pump.

The extensions I have currently are the ones without the pressure release tip, just plain extensions that I can pump the wheels up through. That's why I was wondering if the special formula in the Pit Stop would work with them.

Those can be a real PITA. I am pretty sure you can use the pit stop if you bleep the valve first but for the long run I suggest the type where you remove the core, extend the stem and put the core back in so that it's always accessable.