Easton EC90 crankset

jaymo1711

Apr 8, 2014
Last summer I bought a 4 year old bike equipped with an Easton EC90 crankset. The bike didn't have much mileage on it and I had no problems with it last season (rode it about 4,000 Km), other than an occasional knock that seemed to come from the crankset. Recently the knock got a bit worse and I found that there's a bit of play in the crankset. Even after re-installing it and tightening it, the play is still there. I've read in other forums that this was a common problem with the EC90 crankset. People were getting a replacement SRAM Red crankset from Easton as they got out of making cranksets. Since I bought the bike used, I doubt I'll be able to get anything from Easton, so I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to correct the issue or could suggest a way of correcting it. The cranks still turn and will probably keep turning fine, it's just that every five pedal strokes or so, there's a slight bump under my left cleat. It's pretty annoying. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Check (yourself or take it to your LBS) that it's done up tight, there shouldn't be any sideways play.