Easton road bars EC90 carbon drop & reach?

Kwalters

Guest
Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure the
drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site, and my
hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.

Thanks. Ken

"kwalters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
>
> Thanks. Ken

As best as I can measure, My EC90s have a 105mm reach and
140mm drop. Hope this helps.

"Dave Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "kwalters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> > the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> > and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
> >
> > Thanks. Ken
> >

> As best as I can measure, My EC90s have a 105mm reach and
> 140mm drop. Hope this helps.

How exactly do you measure drop and reach ?

Thanks, Ian in SD

kwalters <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
>
> Thanks. Ken

Hi, check out Excel Sports website, for the above info. htt-
p://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&major=1&minor=15&des-
cription=EC90+Carbon+Road+Bar&vendorCode=EASTON

I just put a set on my LeMond and I really like them. Life
is Good! Jeff

kwalters <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
>
> Thanks. Ken

No help on the Easton bars, but Harris Cyclery has the QBP
(Quality Bicycle Products) catalog on its website. QBP lists
the drop and reach for the handlebars it sells. QBP does not
sell Easton though.

kwalters <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
>
> Thanks. Ken

No help on the Easton bars, but Harris Cyclery has the QBP
(Quality Bicycle Products) catalog on its website. QBP lists
the drop and reach for the handlebars it sells. QBP does not
sell Easton though.

kwalters <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
>
> Thanks. Ken

No help on the Easton bars, but Harris Cyclery has the QBP
(Quality Bicycle Products) catalog on its website. QBP lists
the drop and reach for the handlebars it sells. QBP does not
sell Easton though.

kwalters <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
>
> Thanks. Ken

No help on the Easton bars, but Harris Cyclery has the QBP
(Quality Bicycle Products) catalog on its website. QBP lists
the drop and reach for the handlebars it sells. QBP does not
sell Easton though.

The EC90 doesn't work with DA10, as the levers are designed
to sit high on the bar, and the EC90 bends inwards at a
level that is high enough for mounting, moving the brake
reach to an awkward position.

-------------
FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award
Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Russell Seaton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> kwalters <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Anyone riding these, and would you be willing to measure
> > the drop and reach? Couldn't find on Easton's web site,
> > and my hometown is too small for the lbss to carry them.
> >
> > Thanks. Ken
>
> No help on the Easton bars, but Harris Cyclery has the QBP
> (Quality Bicycle Products) catalog on its website. QBP
> lists the drop and reach for the handlebars it sells. QBP
> does not sell Easton though.

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.593 /
Virus Database: 376 - Release Date: 2/22/2004

"JayofMontreal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The EC90 doesn't work with DA10, as the levers are
> designed to sit high on the bar, and the EC90 bends
> inwards at a level that is high enough for mounting,
> moving the brake reach to an awkward position.

I'm using the EC90 with DA 10 levers, works fine. I don't
have my levers in an extremely high position, but the bottom
of the lever is about 1/2" above a straight-edge held up
against the bottom of the drops. They could go quite a bit
higher, before interfering with the next bend in the bars.

The one thing I don't like about the shape of the EC90 is
the short drop section. Would be nice if the drops extended
back another 1/2" or so.

-David