Easton Vista or something else?

mattyb

Feb 22, 2007
I have ordered a bike which comes with Shimano R500 as standard. I was thinking of asking to have them replaced with Easton Vista wheels as they seem a bit nicer and aren't too expensive.
Are these good wheels or should I be looking at something else in the same price range?
Or am I wasting money?

mattyb said:
I have ordered a bike which comes with Shimano R500 as standard. I was thinking of asking to have them replaced with Easton Vista wheels as they seem a bit nicer and aren't too expensive.
Are these good wheels or should I be looking at something else in the same price range?
Or am I wasting money?
Short answer = not necessarily wasting, but certainly not getting *value* for money.

Long answer = do a search - basically it depends on what you mean by "good", and how much you're prepared to pay for what is likely to be an insignificant performance gain for most people's riding.

My thoughts would be that if the R500's are holding up under your weight and riding, then ride them until they die (rim buckles, brake track gets thin, or some other wear-related reason), and then upgrade.

But if you've got the cash and the itch to scratch, then there's nothing holding you back...

n