Easy Racer bars on Rans LWB

Ben Fox

Guest
I removed the standard Rans bars on my recently purchased Stratus and installed a set of easy racer
,EZ-1,bars. I used a stem that is 120 mm long with a 40 degree rise. I left the stock 1" stem riser
in the headset and fastened the stem to the very top of it. The bars are in a perfect position for
me,elbows at my side. It is so much nicer than the stock bars and the whole thing was only $12. for
stem and $39.95 for the alloy EZ-1 bars. BTW I tried the Calhoun bars on my V-2 before I sold it and
this is much better. Ben Fox

Just wondering why you went with the EZ-1 bars instead of the Calhoun bars. I'm thinking of doing a
bar change on my Stratus.

Mike

The Calhoun bars are an improvement over stock rans bars,but still have a lot of tiller effect and
knee interference on tight turns. The E.R. bars are more upright and don't have much tiller effect.
Also they are way more adjustable and they have mounts for 2 bottle holder cages. This gives a place
for light battery packs and easier water bottle access. Also there are 2 handlebar bags available to
fit the E.R. bars,need I say more? I will try to take some pics and post this weekend. Ben fox

"Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The Calhoun bars are an improvement over stock rans bars,but still have a lot of tiller effect and
> knee interference on tight turns. The E.R. bars are more upright and don't have much tiller
> effect. Also
they
> are way more adjustable and they have mounts for 2 bottle holder cages.
This
> gives a place for light battery packs and easier water bottle access. Also there are 2 handlebar
> bags available to fit the E.R. bars,need I say more? I will try to take some pics and post this
> weekend. Ben fox

Ben, Why'd ya stop at the bars? What about the rest of the frame? It's a sickness, ya know... forst
a p[art, then another, pretty soon you're riding a Tour Easy.

Tom Thompson

Because I paid $ 800. for the Stratus ,where can I buy a T.E. for that price? Ben fox "Tom Thompson"

> "Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > The Calhoun bars are an improvement over stock rans bars,but still have
> > lot of tiller effect and knee interference on tight turns. The E.R. bars are more upright and
> > don't have much tiller effect. Also
> they
> > are way more adjustable and they have mounts for 2 bottle holder cages.
> This
> > gives a place for light battery packs and easier water bottle access. Also there are 2 handlebar
> > bags available to fit the E.R. bars,need I
say
> > more? I will try to take some pics and post this weekend. Ben fox
>
> Ben, Why'd ya stop at the bars? What about the rest of the frame? It's a sickness, ya know...
> forst a p[art, then another, pretty soon you're
riding
> a Tour Easy.
>
> Tom Thompson

Tom, Your link didn't work, but I think it's the ones for sale at People movers. They are old E.R.'s
with old style seat ,my stratus is a 2000 model with great components. By the time a guy upgraded
components on these old bikes ,might as well buy a new one. Ben fox "Tom Thompson"

> "Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Because I paid $ 800. for the Stratus ,where can I buy a T.E. for that price?
>
> http://www.recumbent.com/announce.html will get you close. $848, your choice of Black or Red.
> (both used)

Yeah, they were described as "classic". :)

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:18:11 -0600, "Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tom, Your link didn't work, but I think it's the ones for sale at People movers. They are old
>E.R.'s with old style seat ,my stratus is a 2000 model with great components. By the time a guy
>upgraded components on these old bikes ,might as well buy a new one. Ben fox "Tom Thompson"
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Ben Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> > Because I paid $ 800. for the Stratus ,where can I buy a T.E. for that price?
>>
>> http://www.recumbent.com/announce.html will get you close. $848, your choice of Black or Red.
>> (both used)

John Rooker Rochester, NY RANS Stratus

Hi Ben, Looked at your installation and it looks great. Where did you get the stem? and what mfg is
it? Did you have to go to E.R's directly for the bars or did you find them elsewhere? I'd like to do
something like that on my V2. Any and all info appreciated Ray