Eating at work...

<snip>

> I just quit smoking
> : (today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...
> :
> : Suzan
> :
> =====================
>
> Congratulations Suzan!!!
>
> I wish you mega-success and an extra long and happy life!
>
> Way to go!
>
> --
> Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

Thanks Cyndi, I'm not doing too badly w/this. Eating maybe a tiny bit more, but not much. I'm
using a patch, but starting @ step 2 so there's been a challenge. My throat is really sore, but i
think that's because I was smoking menthols. Hmmmmmmmmm, how much cool chit can I buy with my
extra money????

Suzan

<snip>

*************************
> Congratulations on quitting smoking! YAY! I quit about 14 years ago and it's the hardest thing
> I've ever done. I think the one single thing that helped the most was redhots - those firey
> cinnamon candies
> - oh, and some cinnamon flavored toothpicks. There's just something about hot cinnamon...!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
> bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner."
> Anonymous.
>
> To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"
**************************

Yanno, the cinnamon candies sound like a good idea. I had a very tight and in knots stomach on
Thursday, backache, headache. Better today, and I think it'll be a baking day. Plus I need to finish
up some soups I've started.

Thanks for the ideas.

Suzan

I quit smoking in 1992 after going at it for almost 23 years! I did it without the patch. I've been
told that the nicotine is out of your body within 48 - 72 hours. If you can get past that, the
physical addiction, the rest is just learning to do something else instead of lighting up. I learned
to drink lots and lots of water and I chewed lots of licorice sticks! good luck.

NancyJaye

"orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WgRSb.9336$fD.4162@fed1read02...
> <snip>
>
> > >It depends, on some dayz there is an abundance of food around the
office.
> > >Someone's birthday, a pot luck, it's Friday. On those dayz I will eat
> > >little more at work. But mostly not, there's no time. I just quit
> smoking
> > >(today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...
>
> >>Suzan
> *************************
> > Congratulations on quitting smoking! YAY! I quit about 14 years ago and it's the hardest thing
> > I've ever done. I think the one single thing that helped the most was redhots - those firey
> > cinnamon candies
> > - oh, and some cinnamon flavored toothpicks. There's just something about hot cinnamon...!
> >
> > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
> >
> > "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if
> > the bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner."
> > Anonymous.
> >
> > To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"
> **************************
>
> Yanno, the cinnamon candies sound like a good idea. I had a very tight
and
> in knots stomach on Thursday, backache, headache. Better today, and I
think
> it'll be a baking day. Plus I need to finish up some soups I've started.
>
> Thanks for the ideas.
>
> Suzan

"NancyJaye" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I quit smoking in 1992 after going at it for almost 23 years! I did it without the patch. I've
> been told that the nicotine is out of your body within 48 - 72 hours. If you can get past that,
> the physical addiction,
the
> rest is just learning to do something else instead of lighting up. I learned to drink lots and
> lots of water and I chewed lots of licorice sticks! good luck.
>
> NancyJaye

Yes, I've tried it this way, but I get all freaked out. For me the phsycological aspect is even more
daunting than the physical addiction. I can get through the withdrawals in 72 hours, but the, what
is it, oral fixation - is another matter. Which is why so many people gain weight, that hand to
mouth habbit. I started on the 2nd step with the patch and won't use it longer than 2 weeks if I can
help it, meanwhile I am learning to modify my behavior.

Thanks for your response.

Suzan

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:02:28 -0800, "orion"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> but the, what is it, oral fixation - is another matter.

I don't think it's an oral fixation... I think it's something akin to habit.

I was never a regular smoker, yet it took me years to get past wanting a cigarette when I went out
with more than one person (let's call it a double date) to a bar.

I finally put 2 and 2 together and resisted begging a cigarette off of someone else... also, what
REALLY helped me quit completely (or conversely - not become a regular smoker) is that my area
became predominately nonsmoking.

I understand that, I just think It's odd that I have little willpower at work, where I'm more busy,
but I can eat a normal portion at home T

----------

> Tara asked;
> > Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> > guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> > with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
> >
> > I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> > piggy :) Tara
>
> It depends, on some dayz there is an abundance of food around the office. Someone's birthday, a
> pot luck, it's Friday. On those dayz I will eat a little more at work. But mostly not, there's no
> time. I just quit
smoking
> (today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...
>
> Suzan

Suzan,

Congrats on your quitting smoking. Just remember the first three days are the hardest. Once you get
past a week it gets better. As for the eating, try carrying a small bag of those mini-pretzels with
you. They are low fat and not too bad for you. I'm proud of you!!!

Miss Jean I have not had a cigarette in Nine months, three weeks, six days, 14 hours, 49 minutes and
24 seconds. That's 6052 cigarettes not smoked, saving $617.34. But who's counting?

TaraDanielle <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!

> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :)

What I do when I get the munchies at work is buy a container of those pretzel cookies from the Whole
Foods store. Then I keep the container in a colleague's office so it does not tempt me too much. My
colleague who allows me to do this is a woman who probably weighs less than air so she isn't worried
about having the temptation in her office.