Eating at work...

Taradanielle

Guest
Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I guess.
If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine with half a
hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!

I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
piggy :) Tara

>(TaraDanielle)
>
>Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
>guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine with
>half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
>I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
>piggy :)

I don't know... perhaps your job sucks and you find pleasure in food.

TaraDanielle wrote:

> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :)

I don't eat lunch at work. I have Shredded wheat for breakfast. I have coffee and a muffin for my
morning coffee break and coffee in the afternoon. And I work a compressed work week, 10 hour days.
Of course I am hungry at the end of the day and have an early dinner.

[email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :) Tara

no you are not the only work piggy because i eat things like that and eat them in 3 days

Tara asked;
> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :) Tara

It depends, on some dayz there is an abundance of food around the office. Someone's birthday, a pot
luck, it's Friday. On those dayz I will eat a little more at work. But mostly not, there's no time.
I just quit smoking (today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...

Suzan

[email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :) Tara

Not a problem here. I don't have storage space for food at work so I have to bring lunch every day.

Sandi

"TaraDanielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :) Tara

It depends on how busy you are at work. I work as a cook so even tough I'm surrounded by food, I
have no time to think about eating. It's only when I get home and get bored that I realize I'm
starving and finish a box of Oreos.

-Adam

> Tara asked;
> > Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> > guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> > with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!

<snip>

I rush, rush, rush, and find I'm suddenly overwhelmed with hungerpangs. I carry carrot sticks, a few
crackers, citrus fruit, and I try to avoid the floors with desserts sitting about in the kitchen. I
try to eat late, so I'm not starved when I come in the door at home, a time my brother calls The
Arsenic Hour (from 5:30-7:00...when you think about murdering your spouse). blacksalt

Normally I bring my own food to work. I steer clear of the vending machines by leaving my purse
locked in my desk when I go to break. At least twice a month my company does provide either a free
lunch or a free breakfast or some sort of potluck is going on. Friday they are having a super-bowl
party for the employees and are serving nachos, popcorn and hotdogs all day. I am making a major
effort to eat better, and stay away from junk food of any kind. But things like this make it hard.

Sandra

On 30 Jan 2004 05:08:44 GMT, [email protected] (Sandy n ne) wrote:

>Normally I bring my own food to work. I steer clear of the vending machines by leaving my purse
>locked in my desk when I go to break. At least twice a month my company does provide either a free
>lunch or a free breakfast or some sort of potluck is going on. Friday they are having a super-bowl
>party for the employees and are serving nachos, popcorn and hotdogs all day. I am making a major
>effort to eat better, and stay away from junk food of any kind. But things like this make it hard.
>
>Sandra

When I had a job, I'd eat lunch at my desk, usually from the cafeteria. Salad bar, soup, etc.

I would keep snacks, but try to stretch them out to last through the week. Didn't always work. :)

Susan B.
PS - I agree that things like the Super Bowl parties make it difficult to eat better. I also told my
12-year-old daughter to let the Girl Scouts know that January is NOT a good time to start selling
cookies, because of the New Year's resolutions that people make. :)

"orion" < <snip>

I just quit smoking
: (today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...
:
: Suzan
:
=====================

Congratulations Suzan!!!

I wish you mega-success and an extra long and happy life!

Way to go!

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Sandy n ne) wrote:

> Normally I bring my own food to work. I steer clear of the vending machines by leaving my purse
> locked in my desk when I go to break. At least twice a month my company does provide either a free
> lunch or a free breakfast or some sort of potluck is going on. Friday they are having a super-bowl
> party for the employees and are serving nachos, popcorn and hotdogs all day. I am making a major
> effort to eat better, and stay away from junk food of any kind. But things like this make it hard.
>
> Sandra

So join the potluck and bring a raw veggie tray. ;-) Other post-holiday dieters will thank you.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

TaraDanielle wrote:

> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>
> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> piggy :)

"It hurts when I do this!"

"Don't do that."

If you have trouble controlling yourself at work when you bring multiple day's food, only bring
enough for a single day. Keep the rest at home.

Brian Rodenborn

S.Dunlap wrote:
> [email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
>> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
>> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>>
>> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
>> piggy :) Tara
>

> Not a problem here. I don't have storage space for food at work so I have to bring lunch
> every day.
>
> Sandi

I just plain only bring *one* lunch for myself a day :) No comment on the Tastycakes, except perhaps
you might set them out for co-workers to share so you'll not have the temptation?

Jill

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:46:46 -0800, "orion" <[email protected]>
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>It depends, on some dayz there is an abundance of food around the office. Someone's birthday, a pot
>luck, it's Friday. On those dayz I will eat a little more at work. But mostly not, there's no time.
>I just quit smoking (today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...

Congratulations on quitting smoking! YAY! I quit about 14 years ago and it's the hardest thing
I've ever done. I think the one single thing that helped the most was redhots - those firey
cinnamon candies
- oh, and some cinnamon flavored toothpicks. There's just something about hot cinnamon...!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

>> Tara asked;
>>> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
>>> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
>>> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!

If I bring lunch, I tend to have eaten it by 10-11am coz it's there and it's yummy. Which leaves me
hungry by 3-5pm.

I tend to order my sandwich from a delivery service, which arrives at
12.30pm So if i'm *starving*, I have no choice but to wait.

--
something witty

[email protected] wrote:

> When I had a job, I'd eat lunch at my desk, usually from the cafeteria. Salad bar, soup, etc.
>
> I would keep snacks, but try to stretch them out to last through the week. Didn't always work. :)

I keep snacks like sultanas and kiddies tubs of diced fruit in natural juice. If i'm hungry, I have
to be hungry enough to eat these, otherwise i'm just not hungry enough ;)

--
something witty

Default User wrote:
> TaraDanielle wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
>> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
>> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
>>
>> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
>> piggy :)
>

> "It hurts when I do this!"
>
> "Don't do that."
>

> If you have trouble controlling yourself at work when you bring multiple day's food, only bring
> enough for a single day. Keep the rest at home.
>

> Brian Rodenborn

Hear hear!

Jill

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:46:46 -0800, "orion" <[email protected]>
>. I just quit smoking (today) so this may change in the very near future. Ugh...
>
>Suzan

good luck honey. it will be tough.

your pal, blake

In article <[email protected]>,
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Default User wrote:
> > TaraDanielle wrote:
> >>
> >> Does anyone else have a willpower problem at work? I don't at home, I eat an average amount I
> >> guess. If I bring a lunch for 2 days, I always end up eating the whole thing. At home I'm fine
> >> with half a hoagie, half a container of Chinese food, etc.!
> >>
> >> I brought a six pack of Tastycakes and ate it in 2 days. Please tell me I'm not the only work
> >> piggy :)
> >

> > "It hurts when I do this!"
> >
> > "Don't do that."
> >

> > If you have trouble controlling yourself at work when you bring multiple day's food, only bring
> > enough for a single day. Keep the rest at home.
> >

> > Brian Rodenborn
>
> Hear hear!
>
> Jill

And if you don't think you should eat it at all, don't buy it. ;-)

And NEVER go shopping while you are hungry!!! <lol>

K.