General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Eating in Diners

Started by nanner · · Last activity · 144 posts · 3,937 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 July 2005
Last activity
13 July 2005
Original author
nanner
Posts
144
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,937
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 144
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Toast is not low carb.

    --
    Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you'd had enough oxygen at
    birth? -- Sergio

    "Tori M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    2 eggs over medium side of bacon. Coffee. 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    (sometimes)

    tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Oh whats this on the floor? A dime? Yummy!"
    Bonnie 3/02 "Mommy Look at me! Look at ME!"
    349.5/319.5/135
    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was invited to breakfast at a diner this morning. It was spur of the
    moment and I just ran there w/the kids to meet for breakfast.

    What would you get? I ended up ordering a hot water for herbal tea that I
    brought (Dandelion Tea) and I had a side order of bacon. I blotted off
    the grease and left one strip for my friend. The kids split a cheese
    omelet and didn't eat the home fries.

    I didn't want to get an omelet because i don't trust it. I really want to
    be strict right now because I have f'd around for a year and want to lose
    these last 20 lbs!!

    I am talking about NY diners - not like Dennys or Waffle House whatever -
    a real diner. I suppose I could've had a burger or greek salad LOL but
    it was only 8:30 am. It's now 1pm and I still haven't eaten, not really
    hungry.

    Just wonderin' what yous woulda ordered ;o)

  2. nanner said:

    ""Kris D via WeightAdviser.com"" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I would never bring in my own tea, soda, bottled water, I think
    that it is a insult to the establishment, and in poor taste, do
    without-- you can go home and drink your tea. Eggs in diners are
    by far the safest menu item to order, if you are still skev out
    then order egg whites or egg beaters, they come in cartons like you
    would by in the store. What I order:

    Well it just sucks that the only thing I can drink at a diner is the
    water, and it usually has something floatng in it :oP~~

    Whine, whine, whine... Give it a rest.

    Something floating in it is probably your minuscule IQ. :oP~~

    Quoted message said:

    As a jeweler
    if I didn't have a stone someone wanted I wouldn't be offended if
    they asked me to set one they brought me!

    Part of the jeweler's business is setting stones. *NO* part of a
    restaurant's business is wetting your tea bag.

    Quoted message said:

    Anyway - it's just a sleazy
    diner, as long as they are not offended to the point of spitting on
    my food I don't care.

    Right. And you don't know what eggs taste like, how would you know if
    they spit in your food? It's a sleazy diner, huh? And you go there why?
    What do we learn about your culinary judgement - really *all* your
    judgement - from this observation?

    What a profoundly stupid thing to say.

    Pastorio

  3. nanner said:


    I was invited to breakfast at a diner this morning. It was spur of the
    moment and I just ran there w/the kids to meet for breakfast.

    What would you get?

    Diner aka coffee-shop (non-Seattle meaning) aka greazy spoon are
    the easiest places to go low carb. Ignore the spuds and much
    of the time you're good to go.

    I'd get any egg dish sub tomato slices for spuds, or any burger
    or sandwitch without the bread, or any salad without the croutons
    dressing on the side.

    Quoted message said:

    II had a side order of bacon. I blotted off the
    grease and left one strip for my friend.

    Starving yourself why? Unless you've had plenty at other
    meals. The chemistry runs against reducing fat. Increase fat
    without overeating, you increase glucagon and increase the
    amount of fat withdrawn from storage. For best fat loss the
    trick would be to eat the crispy parts and leave the lean.

    Quoted message said:

    The kids split a cheese omelet and
    didn't eat the home fries.

    Sounds good.

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't want to get an omelet because i don't trust it. I really want to be
    strict right now because I have f'd around for a year and want to lose these
    last 20 lbs!!

    What's your issue with an omlette? Does such a place add
    a spoon of pancake batter the way IHoP does? Or is it
    uncertainty if they use low fat carby fake cheese? Or
    just too big?

    Quoted message said:

    I am talking about NY diners - not like Dennys or Waffle House whatever - a
    real diner.

    Is the difference a matter of quality or a different menu?

    For breakfast at a diner I like whatever omlette has the
    most assorted veggies in it and/or the most interesting
    type of meat, sub tomato slices for the spuds.

  4. nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    nanner said:

    "Jennifer" <[email hidden]> wrote in

    >You could have ordered the fried eggs.
    >
    >But I would have gotten the cheese omelet with mushrooms and spinach.
    >It's a rare diner that makes them any other way than eggs and cheese. But
    >if you REALLY were concerned, get an egg white omelet.
    >
    More concerned over the fake butter and stuff like that. Or if it's an
    omelet are they using powdered eggs or real eggs?

    *NOBODY* uses powdered eggs any more. That was WWII stuff. Powdered eggs
    cost more than fresh if you can even find them.

    I went to an Inn - or B&B in CT and the woman of the house served us
    powdered eggs. I asked about it because it was weird. Maybe it was in her
    bomb shelter? Lol!! Maybe she mae her own mix or called it powdered eggs
    when it was an egg substitute liquid? What's the weird egg stuff at McD's,
    I had it as a kid and it was strange stuff.

    Were you elected the Drama Queen of your high school?

    First, I don't believe you about the B&B. At first you say you were
    served powdered eggs, then they somehow transformed into "her own mix"
    (of what you don't say - mix. Right. Just whipped up a "mix" that tasted
    like powdered eggs.) And then, in a further miracle became "an egg
    substitute liquid." And what it really demonstrates is that you haven't
    the foggiest notion of what powdered eggs taste like. Makes the next
    part all the more obvious.

    Second: The "weird egg stuff" at McDonald's is eggs. It seems you have
    no idea what eggs actually taste like.

    So far you haven't given any information that even remotely jibes with
    the reality I've seen in foodservice for more than 30 years. Just little
    nose-wrinkling comments that reveal you to be a culinary ignoramus
    (which seems to extend rather further).

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In all my decades of food service, I've never seen powdered eggs at a food
    show, in a catalog or had a salesperson try to sell me some. NY-style
    diners cook all the simple stuff from scratch because it's cheaper than to
    buy heavily processed foods. They use gravy mixes and the like, but the
    basic foods are what they say.

    Don't sit there guessing, mostly because the guesses so far have been way
    wrong. Ask a few questions.

    Most diners use butter or buttery flavored oil on the griddle. I used
    buttery oil in some of my restaurants and no one ever noted that it didn't
    taste "right" including employees who knew foodservice. No cholesterol.
    Liquid and pourable.

    It seems incredibly greasy on the eggs I've had in the local diners. Not
    like butter and if you don't make a point of getting real butter on toast
    they give you toast that's practically dipped in some oily un-butter. Is
    that the oil? Margarine? Ick!

    Oh, puhleeze. Try reading the words in front of you.

    They use buttery oil *on the griddle* because it won't scorch like
    butter. Butter is 80% fat before clarifying and 100% after. Diners use
    clarified butter because it keeps at room temperature and because it can
    be ladled onto the griddle surface. A tablespoon of clarified butter
    equals a tablespoon of buttery oil.

    They keep a tin of melted butter near the toaster with a pastry brush in
    it. As it pops up, they swipe the brush wet with butter across it. They
    have other customers they need to take care of not just you, so
    patiently buttering a slice of bread isn't efficient and you'd have to
    wait while they buttered all the toast of everybody ahead of you. If you
    don't want your toast already buttered, tell the nice server that ("I'd
    like dry toast, please. Butter on the side."😉 and you'll get it that way.

    Are you utterly incapable of speech? Can you not understand that
    restaurants are in the business of providing food that pleases people
    and will go some lengths to do that? But they can't read your tiny, tiny
    mind. So you need to ask questions and tell them how you want your food.
    If they're unwilling or unable to accommodate your requests, *DON'T GO
    THERE.*

    Could you whine more, please. And keep it just as ignorant and inane as
    you already have. Hate to break the pattern. Oh, and "weird" is not a
    particularly informative word.

    Pastorio

  5. I never claimed it was.. now did I.. 😉

    Tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Oh whats this on the floor? A dime? Yummy!"
    Bonnie 3/02 "Mommy Look at me! Look at ME!"
    349.5/319.5/135
    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Toast is not low carb.

    --
    Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you'd had enough oxygen at
    birth? -- Sergio

    "Tori M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    2 eggs over medium side of bacon. Coffee. 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    (sometimes)

    tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Oh whats this on the floor? A dime? Yummy!"
    Bonnie 3/02 "Mommy Look at me! Look at ME!"
    349.5/319.5/135
    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was invited to breakfast at a diner this morning. It was spur of the
    moment and I just ran there w/the kids to meet for breakfast.

    What would you get? I ended up ordering a hot water for herbal tea that
    I brought (Dandelion Tea) and I had a side order of bacon. I blotted off
    the grease and left one strip for my friend. The kids split a cheese
    omelet and didn't eat the home fries.

    I didn't want to get an omelet because i don't trust it. I really want
    to be strict right now because I have f'd around for a year and want to
    lose these last 20 lbs!!

    I am talking about NY diners - not like Dennys or Waffle House
    whatever - a real diner. I suppose I could've had a burger or greek
    salad LOL but it was only 8:30 am. It's now 1pm and I still haven't
    eaten, not really hungry.

    Just wonderin' what yous woulda ordered ;o)

  6. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    nanner wrote:

    >"Jennifer" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    >
    >>You could have ordered the fried eggs.
    >>
    >>But I would have gotten the cheese omelet with mushrooms and spinach.
    >>It's a rare diner that makes them any other way than eggs and cheese.
    >>But if you REALLY were concerned, get an egg white omelet.
    >>
    >More concerned over the fake butter and stuff like that. Or if it's an
    >omelet are they using powdered eggs or real eggs?

    *NOBODY* uses powdered eggs any more. That was WWII stuff. Powdered eggs
    cost more than fresh if you can even find them.

    I went to an Inn - or B&B in CT and the woman of the house served us
    powdered eggs. I asked about it because it was weird. Maybe it was in her
    bomb shelter? Lol!! Maybe she mae her own mix or called it powdered eggs
    when it was an egg substitute liquid? What's the weird egg stuff at
    McD's, I had it as a kid and it was strange stuff.

    Were you elected the Drama Queen of your high school?

    i am not being mean to you and you are not being nice

    Quoted message said:


    First, I don't believe you about the B&B. At first you say you were served
    powdered eggs, then they somehow transformed into "her own mix" (of what
    you don't say - mix. Right. Just whipped up a "mix" that tasted like
    powdered eggs.) And then, in a further miracle became "an egg substitute
    liquid."

    you know, like egg beaters or something like that

    Quoted message said:

    And what it really demonstrates is that you haven't the foggiest notion of
    what powdered eggs taste like.

    Of course i don't know what they taste like - it just didn't taste like a
    real egg

    Quoted message said:

    Makes the next part all the more obvious.

    Second: The "weird egg stuff" at McDonald's is eggs. It seems you have no
    idea what eggs actually taste like.

    ok, well - i eat the eggs i cook. the scrambled stuff at mcd;s seemed
    un-egg-like to me as a kid

    Quoted message said:


    So far you haven't given any information that even remotely jibes with the
    reality I've seen in foodservice for more than 30 years. Just little
    nose-wrinkling comments that reveal you to be a culinary ignoramus (which
    seems to extend rather further).

    yes, the general public has great insight into egg-substitute products of
    the last 30 years. Do you kick puppies? I can only tell you that she SAID
    "powdered eggs" and I can tell you that maybe she was using the term
    generally, to mean something else. She was old, maybe she had powdered eggs
    as a kid. My FIL calls his fridge the Icebox.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In all my decades of food service, I've never seen powdered eggs at a
    food show, in a catalog or had a salesperson try to sell me some.
    NY-style diners cook all the simple stuff from scratch because it's
    cheaper than to buy heavily processed foods. They use gravy mixes and the
    like, but the basic foods are what they say.

    Don't sit there guessing, mostly because the guesses so far have been way
    wrong. Ask a few questions.

    Most diners use butter or buttery flavored oil on the griddle. I used
    buttery oil in some of my restaurants and no one ever noted that it
    didn't taste "right" including employees who knew foodservice. No
    cholesterol. Liquid and pourable.

    It seems incredibly greasy on the eggs I've had in the local diners. Not
    like butter and if you don't make a point of getting real butter on toast
    they give you toast that's practically dipped in some oily un-butter. Is
    that the oil? Margarine? Ick!

    Oh, puhleeze. Try reading the words in front of you.

    They use buttery oil *on the griddle* because it won't scorch like butter.
    Butter is 80% fat before clarifying and 100% after. Diners use clarified
    butter because it keeps at room temperature and because it can be ladled
    onto the griddle surface. A tablespoon of clarified butter equals a
    tablespoon of buttery oil.

    tastes like garbage

    Quoted message said:


    They keep a tin of melted butter near the toaster with a pastry brush in
    it. As it pops up, they swipe the brush wet with butter across it. They
    have other customers they need to take care of not just you, so patiently
    buttering a slice of bread isn't efficient and you'd have to wait while
    they buttered all the toast of everybody ahead of you. If you don't want
    your toast already buttered, tell the nice server that ("I'd like dry
    toast, please. Butter on the side."😉 and you'll get it that way.

    sad, they can't take 1 minute to actually butter a piece of toast...and i
    did request it without the butter-juice when i used to eat bread

    Quoted message said:


    Are you utterly incapable of speech? Can you not understand that
    restaurants are in the business of providing food that pleases people and
    will go some lengths to do that? But they can't read your tiny, tiny mind.
    So you need to ask questions and tell them how you want your food. If
    they're unwilling or unable to accommodate your requests, *DON'T GO
    THERE.*

    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    Quoted message said:


    Could you whine more, please. And keep it just as ignorant and inane as
    you already have. Hate to break the pattern. Oh, and "weird" is not a
    particularly informative word.

    Pastorio

    you immediately resort to name calling, it is very sad. You sound like a
    little boy jumping up and down saying "i know all about food and you don't
    !! i am important, no really!" well, :oP~~~~ phhtttt. No one really cares
    that much.

  7. "Doug Freyburger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    nanner said:


    I was invited to breakfast at a diner this morning. It was spur of the
    moment and I just ran there w/the kids to meet for breakfast.

    What would you get?

    Diner aka coffee-shop (non-Seattle meaning) aka greazy spoon are
    the easiest places to go low carb. Ignore the spuds and much
    of the time you're good to go.

    I'd get any egg dish sub tomato slices for spuds, or any burger
    or sandwitch without the bread, or any salad without the croutons
    dressing on the side.

    Quoted message said:

    II had a side order of bacon. I blotted off the
    grease and left one strip for my friend.

    Starving yourself why? Unless you've had plenty at other
    meals. The chemistry runs against reducing fat. Increase fat
    without overeating, you increase glucagon and increase the
    amount of fat withdrawn from storage. For best fat loss the
    trick would be to eat the crispy parts and leave the lean.

    i blotted it because it was sitting in a puddle of grease and that's too
    greasy for me. i don't like the taste of it like that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The kids split a cheese omelet and
    didn't eat the home fries.

    Sounds good.

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't want to get an omelet because i don't trust it. I really want to
    be
    strict right now because I have f'd around for a year and want to lose
    these
    last 20 lbs!!

    What's your issue with an omlette? Does such a place add
    a spoon of pancake batter the way IHoP does? Or is it
    uncertainty if they use low fat carby fake cheese? Or
    just too big?

    i just don't know what they do so i skipped it!!

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I am talking about NY diners - not like Dennys or Waffle House whatever -
    a
    real diner.

    Is the difference a matter of quality or a different menu?

    dunno - never been to a denny's, just telling ya where i was

    Quoted message said:


    For breakfast at a diner I like whatever omlette has the
    most assorted veggies in it and/or the most interesting
    type of meat, sub tomato slices for the spuds.

  8. "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was invited to breakfast at a diner this morning. It was spur of the
    moment and I just ran there w/the kids to meet for breakfast.

    What would you get? I ended up ordering a hot water for herbal tea that I
    brought (Dandelion Tea) and I had a side order of bacon. I blotted off the
    grease and left one strip for my friend. The kids split a cheese omelet


    and

    Quoted message said:

    didn't eat the home fries.

    Fried eggs and bacon, probably.

    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

  9. nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote

    >nanner wrote:
    >
    >>"Jennifer" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >>
    >>>You could have ordered the fried eggs.
    >>>
    >>>But I would have gotten the cheese omelet with mushrooms and spinach.
    >>>It's a rare diner that makes them any other way than eggs and cheese.
    >>>But if you REALLY were concerned, get an egg white omelet.
    >>>
    >>
    >>More concerned over the fake butter and stuff like that. Or if it's an
    >>omelet are they using powdered eggs or real eggs?
    >
    >*NOBODY* uses powdered eggs any more. That was WWII stuff. Powdered eggs
    >cost more than fresh if you can even find them.

    I went to an Inn - or B&B in CT and the woman of the house served us
    powdered eggs. I asked about it because it was weird. Maybe it was in her
    bomb shelter? Lol!! Maybe she mae her own mix or called it powdered eggs
    when it was an egg substitute liquid? What's the weird egg stuff at
    McD's, I had it as a kid and it was strange stuff.

    Were you elected the Drama Queen of your high school?

    i am not being mean to you and you are not being nice

    You're talking [censored].

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    First, I don't believe you about the B&B. At first you say you were served
    powdered eggs, then they somehow transformed into "her own mix" (of what
    you don't say - mix. Right. Just whipped up a "mix" that tasted like
    powdered eggs.) And then, in a further miracle became "an egg substitute
    liquid."

    you know, like egg beaters or something like that

    Right. Exactly the same as powdered eggs.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And what it really demonstrates is that you haven't the foggiest notion of
    what powdered eggs taste like.

    Of course i don't know what they taste like - it just didn't taste like a
    real egg

    Apparently liquid eggs - already mixed - don't taste like eggs to you,
    either. What a fine, discriminating palate you have. I don't really
    believe that.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Makes the next part all the more obvious.

    Second: The "weird egg stuff" at McDonald's is eggs. It seems you have no
    idea what eggs actually taste like.

    ok, well - i eat the eggs i cook. the scrambled stuff at mcd;s seemed
    un-egg-like to me as a kid

    Quoted message said:

    So far you haven't given any information that even remotely jibes with the
    reality I've seen in foodservice for more than 30 years. Just little
    nose-wrinkling comments that reveal you to be a culinary ignoramus (which
    seems to extend rather further).

    yes, the general public has great insight into egg-substitute products of
    the last 30 years.

    <LOL> Nothing to say, but say it anyway, huh?

    Quoted message said:

    Do you kick puppies?

    Nope. Fools.

    Quoted message said:

    I can only tell you that she SAID
    "powdered eggs" and I can tell you that maybe she was using the term
    generally, to mean something else. She was old, maybe she had powdered eggs
    as a kid.

    And *all* old people are, um, like, old and all and they smell
    different... Right? And, because she was old she was, like, unable to
    tell the difference between liquid eggs and powdered eggs. And she
    smelled, like, um, different.

    What was the name of this place run by this doddering old woman?

    Quoted message said:

    My FIL calls his fridge the Icebox.

    So does the 20-something woman down the road from me out here in the
    country. So does Emeril.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >In all my decades of food service, I've never seen powdered eggs at a
    >food show, in a catalog or had a salesperson try to sell me some.
    >NY-style diners cook all the simple stuff from scratch because it's
    >cheaper than to buy heavily processed foods. They use gravy mixes and the
    >like, but the basic foods are what they say.
    >
    >Don't sit there guessing, mostly because the guesses so far have been way
    >wrong. Ask a few questions.
    >
    >Most diners use butter or buttery flavored oil on the griddle. I used
    >buttery oil in some of my restaurants and no one ever noted that it
    >didn't taste "right" including employees who knew foodservice. No
    >cholesterol. Liquid and pourable.

    It seems incredibly greasy on the eggs I've had in the local diners. Not
    like butter and if you don't make a point of getting real butter on toast
    they give you toast that's practically dipped in some oily un-butter. Is
    that the oil? Margarine? Ick!

    Oh, puhleeze. Try reading the words in front of you.

    They use buttery oil *on the griddle* because it won't scorch like butter.
    Butter is 80% fat before clarifying and 100% after. Diners use clarified
    butter because it keeps at room temperature and because it can be ladled
    onto the griddle surface. A tablespoon of clarified butter equals a
    tablespoon of buttery oil.

    tastes like garbage

    <LOL> Tastes just like, um, butter. Because it's er, butter.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    They keep a tin of melted butter near the toaster with a pastry brush in
    it. As it pops up, they swipe the brush wet with butter across it. They
    have other customers they need to take care of not just you, so patiently
    buttering a slice of bread isn't efficient and you'd have to wait while
    they buttered all the toast of everybody ahead of you. If you don't want
    your toast already buttered, tell the nice server that ("I'd like dry
    toast, please. Butter on the side."😉 and you'll get it that way.

    sad, they can't take 1 minute to actually butter a piece of toast...and i
    did request it without the butter-juice when i used to eat bread

    Can you simply not understand declarative sentences? You take a piece of
    bread fresh out of the toaster - still hot - and smear butter on it. The
    butter, gasp, melts... Or, you take a piece of toast fresh out of the
    toaster and brush on some already melted butter. Sad that you can't take
    a minute to see the reality.

    As though somehow smearing hard butter on a piece of bread is somehow
    superior to brushing the same thing at a different temperature on the
    bread. Somehow.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Are you utterly incapable of speech? Can you not understand that
    restaurants are in the business of providing food that pleases people and
    will go some lengths to do that? But they can't read your tiny, tiny mind.
    So you need to ask questions and tell them how you want your food. If
    they're unwilling or unable to accommodate your requests, *DON'T GO
    THERE.*

    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    You are truly hilarious. "Sleazydiner" is now one word - suitable for
    *all* diners in your crippled vocabulary.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Could you whine more, please. And keep it just as ignorant and inane as
    you already have. Hate to break the pattern. Oh, and "weird" is not a
    particularly informative word.

    Pastorio

    you immediately resort to name calling, it is very sad. You sound like a
    little boy jumping up and down saying "i know all about food and you don't
    !! i am important, no really!" well, :oP~~~~ phhtttt. No one really cares
    that much.

    Nice try, lightweight. The pure and simple fact is that you've shown
    yourself to be as deep as a puddle.

    Pastorio

  10. "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    What makes a restaurant real?

    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

  11. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was never happy when people brought food or drink materials into my
    restaurants. There's an implied criticism. Do you bring flowers to a
    florists shop to finish making a bouquet?

    Would you be offended if a customer brought in, e.g., some low-carb salad
    dressing? I've never done that, but I've been tempted when I've gone to a
    place with a salad bar.

    I do however, bring my own low-carb muffins sometimes when I go to
    Starbucks. They have plenty of low-fat stuff but nothing low-carb. They
    have never said anything to me about it. I even emailed them and urged them
    to add some low-carb stuff but nothing so far.

    Rich

  12. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    nanner wrote:

    >"Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >
    >>nanner wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Jennifer" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >>>>You could have ordered the fried eggs.
    >>>>
    >>>>But I would have gotten the cheese omelet with mushrooms and spinach.
    >>>>It's a rare diner that makes them any other way than eggs and cheese.
    >>>>But if you REALLY were concerned, get an egg white omelet.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>More concerned over the fake butter and stuff like that. Or if it's an
    >>>omelet are they using powdered eggs or real eggs?
    >>
    >>*NOBODY* uses powdered eggs any more. That was WWII stuff. Powdered
    >>eggs cost more than fresh if you can even find them.
    >
    >I went to an Inn - or B&B in CT and the woman of the house served us
    >powdered eggs. I asked about it because it was weird. Maybe it was in
    >her bomb shelter? Lol!! Maybe she mae her own mix or called it powdered
    >eggs when it was an egg substitute liquid? What's the weird egg stuff at
    >McD's, I had it as a kid and it was strange stuff.

    Were you elected the Drama Queen of your high school?

    i am not being mean to you and you are not being nice

    You're talking [censored].

    no - it's true. The first post you jumped in with was name-calling and rude.
    You added nothing useful to the thread and didn't even tell me what you
    would order in a diner. Hmmph.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    First, I don't believe you about the B&B. At first you say you were
    served powdered eggs, then they somehow transformed into "her own mix"
    (of what you don't say - mix. Right. Just whipped up a "mix" that tasted
    like powdered eggs.) And then, in a further miracle became "an egg
    substitute liquid."

    you know, like egg beaters or something like that

    Right. Exactly the same as powdered eggs.

    Who cares? Do you really care so much about technicalities and semantics - i
    don't care if it was scrambled jellyfish, it was not an egg out of the shell
    and into the pan and it wasn't for me. Get over it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And what it really demonstrates is that you haven't the foggiest notion
    of what powdered eggs taste like.

    Of course i don't know what they taste like - it just didn't taste like a
    real egg

    Apparently liquid eggs - already mixed - don't taste like eggs to you,
    either. What a fine, discriminating palate you have. I don't really
    believe that.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Makes the next part all the more obvious.

    Second: The "weird egg stuff" at McDonald's is eggs. It seems you have no
    idea what eggs actually taste like.

    ok, well - i eat the eggs i cook. the scrambled stuff at mcd;s seemed
    un-egg-like to me as a kid

    Quoted message said:

    So far you haven't given any information that even remotely jibes with
    the reality I've seen in foodservice for more than 30 years. Just little
    nose-wrinkling comments that reveal you to be a culinary ignoramus (which
    seems to extend rather further).

    yes, the general public has great insight into egg-substitute products of
    the last 30 years.

    <LOL> Nothing to say, but say it anyway, huh?

    Quoted message said:

    Do you kick puppies?

    Nope. Fools.

    Quoted message said:

    I can only tell you that she SAID "powdered eggs" and I can tell you that
    maybe she was using the term generally, to mean something else. She was
    old, maybe she had powdered eggs as a kid.

    And *all* old people are, um, like, old and all and they smell
    different... Right? And, because she was old she was, like, unable to tell
    the difference between liquid eggs and powdered eggs. And she smelled,
    like, um, different.

    Um, NO - I meant that she may have eaten powdered eggs as a child and was
    used to using the term generically. You apparently have some unresolved
    issues concerning the elderly.

    Quoted message said:

    What was the name of this place run by this doddering old woman?

    Something like the Jared Cole House - something like that, it was about 6 or
    7 years ago...Are you going to go hound the woman about what kind of eggs or
    egg substitute she may or may not have used? If they were "real eggs" they
    were lousy, I wouldn't recommend ordering the eggs LOL

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    My FIL calls his fridge the Icebox.

    So does the 20-something woman down the road from me out here in the
    country. So does Emeril.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>In all my decades of food service, I've never seen powdered eggs at a
    >>food show, in a catalog or had a salesperson try to sell me some.
    >>NY-style diners cook all the simple stuff from scratch because it's
    >>cheaper than to buy heavily processed foods. They use gravy mixes and
    >>the like, but the basic foods are what they say.
    >>
    >>Don't sit there guessing, mostly because the guesses so far have been
    >>way wrong. Ask a few questions.
    >>
    >>Most diners use butter or buttery flavored oil on the griddle. I used
    >>buttery oil in some of my restaurants and no one ever noted that it
    >>didn't taste "right" including employees who knew foodservice. No
    >>cholesterol. Liquid and pourable.
    >
    >It seems incredibly greasy on the eggs I've had in the local diners. Not
    >like butter and if you don't make a point of getting real butter on
    >toast they give you toast that's practically dipped in some oily
    >un-butter. Is that the oil? Margarine? Ick!

    Oh, puhleeze. Try reading the words in front of you.

    They use buttery oil *on the griddle* because it won't scorch like
    butter. Butter is 80% fat before clarifying and 100% after. Diners use
    clarified butter because it keeps at room temperature and because it can
    be ladled onto the griddle surface. A tablespoon of clarified butter
    equals a tablespoon of buttery oil.

    tastes like garbage

    <LOL> Tastes just like, um, butter. Because it's er, butter.

    Maybe in your parts but around here i don't want to dip my bread in
    clarified butter, it tastes awful and makes for soggy toast. I think I've
    seenit done to muffins and corn bread also, ick. Is it a problem for you
    that I just don't like eggs soaked in "buttery oil" and soggy bread brushed
    with it? (mmm, just like momma used to make!)

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    They keep a tin of melted butter near the toaster with a pastry brush in
    it. As it pops up, they swipe the brush wet with butter across it. They
    have other customers they need to take care of not just you, so patiently
    buttering a slice of bread isn't efficient and you'd have to wait while
    they buttered all the toast of everybody ahead of you. If you don't want
    your toast already buttered, tell the nice server that ("I'd like dry
    toast, please. Butter on the side."😉 and you'll get it that way.

    sad, they can't take 1 minute to actually butter a piece of toast...and i
    did request it without the butter-juice when i used to eat bread

    Can you simply not understand declarative sentences? You take a piece of
    bread fresh out of the toaster - still hot - and smear butter on it. The
    butter, gasp, melts... Or, you take a piece of toast fresh out of the
    toaster and brush on some already melted butter. Sad that you can't take a
    minute to see the reality.

    There's a difference

    Quoted message said:


    As though somehow smearing hard butter on a piece of bread is somehow
    superior to brushing the same thing at a different temperature on the
    bread. Somehow.

    it is

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Are you utterly incapable of speech? Can you not understand that
    restaurants are in the business of providing food that pleases people and
    will go some lengths to do that? But they can't read your tiny, tiny
    mind. So you need to ask questions and tell them how you want your food.
    If they're unwilling or unable to accommodate your requests, *DON'T GO
    THERE.*

    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    You are truly hilarious. "Sleazydiner" is now one word - suitable for
    *all* diners in your crippled vocabulary.

    The few diner-type places I have been to out of this area have been truly
    awful. Around here the diners are sleazy. I don't think anyone but you would
    argue that. The food is decent, not great but "will do in a pinch" and it's
    still sleazy.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Could you whine more, please. And keep it just as ignorant and inane as
    you already have. Hate to break the pattern. Oh, and "weird" is not a
    particularly informative word.

    Pastorio

    you immediately resort to name calling, it is very sad. You sound like a
    little boy jumping up and down saying "i know all about food and you
    don't !! i am important, no really!" well, :oP~~~~ phhtttt. No one really
    cares that much.

    Nice try, lightweight. The pure and simple fact is that you've shown
    yourself to be as deep as a puddle.

    Pastorio

    This is the only thing you have, isn't it? :o( Have you tried crosswords?

  13. "None Given" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    What makes a restaurant real?

    oh c'mon. I'm not going to bother, it's like arguing with the "if they don't
    have it at Wal-mart then I don't need it " people about shopping at
    Barney's. LOL

    Quoted message said:


    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

  14. "rich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:CREye.31567$Fn4.16372@trnddc06...

    Quoted message said:


    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was never happy when people brought food or drink materials into my
    restaurants. There's an implied criticism. Do you bring flowers to a
    florists shop to finish making a bouquet?

    Would you be offended if a customer brought in, e.g., some low-carb salad
    dressing? I've never done that, but I've been tempted when I've gone to a
    place with a salad bar.

    I know people that bring hot-sauce, specialty hot-sauces. Is that offensive
    too?

    Quoted message said:


    I do however, bring my own low-carb muffins sometimes when I go to
    Starbucks. They have plenty of low-fat stuff but nothing low-carb. They
    have never said anything to me about it. I even emailed them and urged
    them to add some low-carb stuff but nothing so far.

    Rich

  15. Quoted message said:


    Well it just sucks that the only thing I can drink at a diner is the water,
    and it usually has something floatng in it :oP~~
    As a jeweler if I didn't have a stone someone wanted I wouldn't be
    offended if they asked me to set one they brought me!
    Anyway - it's just a sleazy diner, as long as they are not offended to the
    point of spitting on my food I don't care.

    Quoted message said:

    From a servers point of view: This customer is so cheap that they have to
    bring in a tea bag from home. Can't wait to get that whole $2 tip, and for
    your information as a part time waitress at a NJ diner we do not spit in
    your food, we would be fired for that. Most diners have a regular base of
    customers, you would be suprised that they might bring in your flavor of tea
    or bottled water, just ask. As for sleazy diners?? We all pass health
    inspection, if we don't they shut us down. And if I don't like there brand
    of tea, or the taste of there water I will find another diner that has what I
    like. Average sale at a diner $6.00-- Average sale at a Jewler??? do the
    math of course your going to accomadate your customer.

    --
    Message posted via WeightAdviser.com
    http://www.weightadviser.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/diet-low-carb/200507/1

  16. x-no-archive: yes

    Quoted message said:

    The few diner-type places I have been to out of this area have been truly
    awful. Around here the diners are sleazy. I don't think anyone but you would
    argue that. The food is decent, not great but "will do in a pinch" and it's
    still sleazy.

    I've lived in metro NY my whole life, and the diners I go to are not sleazy.

    Like any other business, some are good, some aren't so hot.

    Susan

  17. nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    nanner said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote

    >nanner wrote:
    >
    >
    >>"Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >>
    >>
    >>>nanner wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>"Jennifer" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >>>>
    >>>>>You could have ordered the fried eggs.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>But I would have gotten the cheese omelet with mushrooms and spinach.
    >>>>>It's a rare diner that makes them any other way than eggs and cheese.
    >>>>>But if you REALLY were concerned, get an egg white omelet.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>More concerned over the fake butter and stuff like that. Or if it's an
    >>>>omelet are they using powdered eggs or real eggs?
    >>>
    >>>*NOBODY* uses powdered eggs any more. That was WWII stuff. Powdered
    >>>eggs cost more than fresh if you can even find them.
    >>
    >>I went to an Inn - or B&B in CT and the woman of the house served us
    >>powdered eggs. I asked about it because it was weird. Maybe it was in
    >>her bomb shelter? Lol!! Maybe she mae her own mix or called it powdered
    >>eggs when it was an egg substitute liquid? What's the weird egg stuff at
    >>McD's, I had it as a kid and it was strange stuff.
    >
    >Were you elected the Drama Queen of your high school?

    i am not being mean to you and you are not being nice

    You're talking [censored].

    no - it's true. The first post you jumped in with was name-calling and rude.
    You added nothing useful to the thread and didn't even tell me what you
    would order in a diner. Hmmph.

    Hey, stupid. I did exactly tell you what I'd order. Here's the post:
    --------------------
    Whatever looked good to me that was LC. So what if it's 8:30? Scrambled
    eggs, ham and a few strawberries sounds like a perfectly fine breakfast.
    But so does a salad (Oil and vinegar), ground beef patty, cauliflower.

    Or nothing if you're not hungry. The time has nothing to do with food.

    I was never happy when people brought food or drink materials into my
    restaurants. There's an implied criticism. Do you bring flowers to a
    florists shop to finish making a bouquet?

    Pastorio
    ------------------------

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >First, I don't believe you about the B&B. At first you say you were
    >served powdered eggs, then they somehow transformed into "her own mix"
    >(of what you don't say - mix. Right. Just whipped up a "mix" that tasted
    >like powdered eggs.) And then, in a further miracle became "an egg
    >substitute liquid."

    you know, like egg beaters or something like that

    Right. Exactly the same as powdered eggs.


    Who cares? Do you really care so much about technicalities and semantics

    This is a nice way of saying that the truth of the matter is
    unimportant. Facts are pesky intruders.

    Quoted message said:

    - i
    don't care if it was scrambled jellyfish, it was not an egg out of the shell
    and into the pan and it wasn't for me. Get over it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >And what it really demonstrates is that you haven't the foggiest notion
    >of what powdered eggs taste like.

    Of course i don't know what they taste like - it just didn't taste like a
    real egg

    Apparently liquid eggs - already mixed - don't taste like eggs to you,
    either. What a fine, discriminating palate you have. I don't really
    believe that.

    Quoted message said:

    >Makes the next part all the more obvious.
    >
    >Second: The "weird egg stuff" at McDonald's is eggs. It seems you have no
    >idea what eggs actually taste like.

    ok, well - i eat the eggs i cook. the scrambled stuff at mcd;s seemed
    un-egg-like to me as a kid

    >So far you haven't given any information that even remotely jibes with
    >the reality I've seen in foodservice for more than 30 years. Just little
    >nose-wrinkling comments that reveal you to be a culinary ignoramus (which
    >seems to extend rather further).

    yes, the general public has great insight into egg-substitute products of
    the last 30 years.

    <LOL> Nothing to say, but say it anyway, huh?

    Quoted message said:

    Do you kick puppies?

    Nope. Fools.

    Quoted message said:

    I can only tell you that she SAID "powdered eggs" and I can tell you that
    maybe she was using the term generally, to mean something else. She was
    old, maybe she had powdered eggs as a kid.

    And *all* old people are, um, like, old and all and they smell
    different... Right? And, because she was old she was, like, unable to tell
    the difference between liquid eggs and powdered eggs. And she smelled,
    like, um, different.


    Um, NO - I meant that she may have eaten powdered eggs as a child and was
    used to using the term generically. You apparently have some unresolved
    issues concerning the elderly.

    <LOL> It would be a first for someone to use "powdered eggs" as a
    generic term for, um, not powdered eggs.

    I *am* elderly.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    What was the name of this place run by this doddering old woman?

    Something like the Jared Cole House - something like that, it was about 6 or
    7 years ago...Are you going to go hound the woman about what kind of eggs or
    egg substitute she may or may not have used? If they were "real eggs" they
    were lousy, I wouldn't recommend ordering the eggs LOL

    Google has never heard of it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My FIL calls his fridge the Icebox.

    So does the 20-something woman down the road from me out here in the
    country. So does Emeril.

    Quoted message said:

    >>>In all my decades of food service, I've never seen powdered eggs at a
    >>>food show, in a catalog or had a salesperson try to sell me some.
    >>>NY-style diners cook all the simple stuff from scratch because it's
    >>>cheaper than to buy heavily processed foods. They use gravy mixes and
    >>>the like, but the basic foods are what they say.
    >>>
    >>>Don't sit there guessing, mostly because the guesses so far have been
    >>>way wrong. Ask a few questions.
    >>>
    >>>Most diners use butter or buttery flavored oil on the griddle. I used
    >>>buttery oil in some of my restaurants and no one ever noted that it
    >>>didn't taste "right" including employees who knew foodservice. No
    >>>cholesterol. Liquid and pourable.
    >>
    >>It seems incredibly greasy on the eggs I've had in the local diners. Not
    >>like butter and if you don't make a point of getting real butter on
    >>toast they give you toast that's practically dipped in some oily
    >>un-butter. Is that the oil? Margarine? Ick!
    >
    >Oh, puhleeze. Try reading the words in front of you.
    >
    >They use buttery oil *on the griddle* because it won't scorch like
    >butter. Butter is 80% fat before clarifying and 100% after. Diners use
    >clarified butter because it keeps at room temperature and because it can
    >be ladled onto the griddle surface. A tablespoon of clarified butter
    >equals a tablespoon of buttery oil.

    tastes like garbage

    <LOL> Tastes just like, um, butter. Because it's er, butter.

    Maybe in your parts but around here i don't want to dip my bread in
    clarified butter,

    Hey, obtuse sludgewit, only *you* talk about dipping bread in anything.
    You seem to need to hyper-exaggerate to make your points. Perhaps you
    note that doing that makes them into untruths.

    Quoted message said:

    it tastes awful and makes for soggy toast. I think I've
    seenit done to muffins and corn bread also, ick. Is it a problem for you
    that I just don't like eggs soaked in "buttery oil" and soggy bread brushed
    with it? (mmm, just like momma used to make!)

    Could you be more dense? Could your reading skills be worse? Take you
    time answering.

    You keep offering these over the top stupidities instead of anythign
    approaching truth. Why is that?

    Eggs cooked on a griddle with a dash of buttery oil is exactly parallel
    to doing it with butter. They can't be "soaked" with it. Too much oil on
    a griddle makes for shallow-fried eggs, a totally different texture/ You
    still sem to think that buttery oil is used on toast. Can you simply not
    read or are you deliberately trying to distort this whole thing into
    unrecognizeable nonsense? Do you not see what it makes you look like?

    Read the next sentence to see what is done with toast.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >They keep a tin of melted butter near the toaster with a pastry brush in
    >it. As it pops up, they swipe the brush wet with butter across it. They
    >have other customers they need to take care of not just you, so patiently
    >buttering a slice of bread isn't efficient and you'd have to wait while
    >they buttered all the toast of everybody ahead of you. If you don't want
    >your toast already buttered, tell the nice server that ("I'd like dry
    >toast, please. Butter on the side."😉 and you'll get it that way.

    sad, they can't take 1 minute to actually butter a piece of toast...and i
    did request it without the butter-juice when i used to eat bread

    Can you simply not understand declarative sentences? You take a piece of
    bread fresh out of the toaster - still hot - and smear butter on it. The
    butter, gasp, melts... Or, you take a piece of toast fresh out of the
    toaster and brush on some already melted butter. Sad that you can't take a
    minute to see the reality.

    There's a difference

    Really? Either the hot toast melts the butter and cools off or the warm
    butter helps the toast stay warm longer so it can hit your table warm.

    But that difference would be...?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    As though somehow smearing hard butter on a piece of bread is somehow
    superior to brushing the same thing at a different temperature on the
    bread. Somehow.

    it is

    Really? And it would be because...?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Are you utterly incapable of speech? Can you not understand that
    >restaurants are in the business of providing food that pleases people and
    >will go some lengths to do that? But they can't read your tiny, tiny
    >mind. So you need to ask questions and tell them how you want your food.
    >If they're unwilling or unable to accommodate your requests, *DON'T GO
    >THERE.*

    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    You are truly hilarious. "Sleazydiner" is now one word - suitable for
    *all* diners in your crippled vocabulary.

    The few diner-type places I have been to out of this area have been truly
    awful. Around here the diners are sleazy. I don't think anyone but you would
    argue that.

    You have to believe that, don't you? Otherwise all this whining and
    self-forgiveness goes to waste. And to make the word "sleazy" mean this
    vague but powerfully negative thing.

    Quoted message said:

    The food is decent, not great but "will do in a pinch" and it's
    still sleazy.

    It appears you don't know what "sleazy" means in spite of acting like it.

    sleazy, a. flimsy or thin in texture or substance; lacking firmness; as
    a sleazy rayon fabric. Webster's Unabridged.

    Sleaze, n. (from sleazy) anything cheap, vulgar, shoddy, etc. (slang)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Could you whine more, please. And keep it just as ignorant and inane as
    >you already have. Hate to break the pattern. Oh, and "weird" is not a
    >particularly informative word.
    >
    >Pastorio

    you immediately resort to name calling, it is very sad. You sound like a
    little boy jumping up and down saying "i know all about food and you
    don't !! i am important, no really!" well, :oP~~~~ phhtttt. No one really
    cares that much.

    Nice try, lightweight. The pure and simple fact is that you've shown
    yourself to be as deep as a puddle.

    Pastorio

    This is the only thing you have, isn't it? :o( Have you tried crosswords?

    Yes. I do them in pen. But, seriously, this is a great deal more fun.
    Playing with you out here in the intellectual sandbox. Where you get the
    chance to say whatever you want and so do I. And you keep putting more
    and more feet in your mouth.

    What a country, huh...?

    Pastorio

  18. In article <[email hidden]>,

    nanner said:

    "None Given" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    What makes a restaurant real?

    oh c'mon. I'm not going to bother, it's like arguing with the "if they don't
    have it at Wal-mart then I don't need it " people about shopping at
    Barney's. LOL

    Oh, yeah, I think I remember now. You had a thing about Wal-mart
    shoppers too, didn't you? You've got a bit of a snobbish streak
    showing.

    --
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

  19. You mean wal-mart doesnt have everything one will need? *confused shock*

    Tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Oh whats this on the floor? A dime? Yummy!"
    Bonnie 3/02 "Mommy Look at me! Look at ME!"
    349.5/319.5/135
    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "None Given" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    What makes a restaurant real?

    oh c'mon. I'm not going to bother, it's like arguing with the "if they
    don't have it at Wal-mart then I don't need it " people about shopping at
    Barney's. LOL

    Quoted message said:


    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

  20. "Luna" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    nanner said:

    "None Given" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "nanner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > i usually go to real restaurants if i eat out - not sleazy diners.

    What makes a restaurant real?

    oh c'mon. I'm not going to bother, it's like arguing with the "if they
    don't
    have it at Wal-mart then I don't need it " people about shopping at
    Barney's. LOL

    Oh, yeah, I think I remember now. You had a thing about Wal-mart
    shoppers too, didn't you? You've got a bit of a snobbish streak
    showing.

    Hahaha I have said many a time if they dont sell it at walmart it isnt worth
    looking for.. lol.. But I am a "walmart shopper" short of the crippled
    cart.

    Tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Oh whats this on the floor? A dime? Yummy!"
    Bonnie 3/02 "Mommy Look at me! Look at ME!"
    349.5/319.5/135

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.