"Eating less food"

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mike, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Eating less food
    Life: Liza May, 51, a nutritionist in Crofton, Md., practices calorie
    restriction with a vengeance. Because she consumes no more than 1,000
    calories a day and sometimes fasts for weeks at a time, people might
    think she is taking vengeance on her own body.
    http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040308-092705-8816r.htm

    Tags:

  2. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    [email protected] (Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Eating less food Life: Liza May, 51, a nutritionist in
    > Crofton, Md., practices calorie restriction with a
    > vengeance. Because she consumes no more than 1,000
    > calories a day and sometimes fasts for weeks at a time,
    > people might think she is taking vengeance on her own
    > body. http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040308-092705-
    > 8816r.htm

    Eating less food

    By Ann Geracimos THE WASHINGTON TIMES

    Liza May, 51, a nutritionist in Crofton, Md., practices
    calorie restriction with a vengeance. Because she consumes
    no more than 1,000 calories a day and sometimes fasts for
    weeks at a time, people might think she is taking vengeance
    on her own body. She insists, however, that her 5-foot-7-
    inch, 120-pound muscular frame never has felt better. For
    breakfast, she has a powdered calcium drink, some prunes and
    a cup of black or green tea. She eats no sugar and hardly
    any dairy products, just an occasional serving of yogurt or
    piece of cheese. Her only other meal of the day, shared with
    her husband and four children, consists of lots of leafy
    greens, vegetables and meat or fish of any kind. They prefer
    dining out at all-you-can-eat buffets that allow a choice of
    smaller portions.
    ********

    What's point of all-you-can eat if you only eat tiny
    amounts?????? She could save money and only buy what
    she will eat.

    ********
    While carrying out some of the main precepts of the
    Atkins diet, Mrs. May is not an active proponent of the
    no-carbohydrate regimen and will indulge in ice cream
    occasionally.
    **************

    Could somebody, anybody, please tell me what is this no-carb
    regimen and who is an active proponent of it??????

    ************
    "We do cheat. We're human," she says. "We don't want to
    spend our whole life being spartan and end up saying,
    'What was that all about?'" She insists she has thrived
    on this routine for decades without any illness "not
    even a single cold" except for a bout of flu in 1974.
    "The doctor keeps saying, 'You are just lucky, you have
    good genes,' and I'm sure good genes have a lot to do
    with it," she says.
    **************

    What a bunch of crap. This does not belong in a newsgroup
    related to science.

    TC

  3. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once
    upon a time, our fellow tcomeau rambled on about "Re:
    "Eating less food"." Our champion De-Medicalizing in
    sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

    >Her only other meal of the day, shared with her husband and
    >four children, consists of lots of leafy greens, vegetables
    >and meat or fish of any kind.

    If she forces calorie restrictions upon her children she
    should be prosecuted for child neglect.

    Just my opinion. But, I am *right* as usual!

  4. Moosh:)

    Moosh:) Guest

    On 10 Mar 2004 09:50:28 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:

    >What a bunch of crap. This does not belong in a newsgroup
    >related to science.

    Well, neither do you, but do you take any notice? :)