eBay: 2007 Cervelo R3 Dura-Ace 10-speed

On Nov 26, 7:45 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Nothing's wrong with the statement. It is what it is. Cycling Plus
> is a magazine dependent on their advertisers to survive. Of course
> they write glowing things about bikes they review. D'uh.
>
> Of course, Tom takes it as evidence he shouldn't buy a Cervelo, as if
> it's Cervelo's fault. Maybe he should just take it as evidence that
> you shouldn't take bike reviews in magazines at face value, which I'm
> quite sure he already knows.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Scott, do you really think that Cervelo had nothing whatsoever to do with
> that claim?

Well, they probably bought advertising in the rag. Beyond that, no.

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Scott wrote:
>
>> Of course, Tom takes it as evidence he shouldn't buy a Cervelo, as if
>> it's Cervelo's fault. Maybe he should just take it as evidence that
>> you shouldn't take bike reviews in magazines at face value, which I'm
>> quite sure he already knows.

> I take it as evidence that Tom's afraid of speed.

I'm convinced that you use speed all the time.

"Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dan Connelly wrote:
>> I wrote 0.08 mph, not 10%... I never implied anything else.

> Maybe Tom only rides at 0.8 mph.

Or maybe you ought to think about what Dan is saying. How fast are you
averaging in order to get an additional .08 mph? How many people average say
28 mph? How much speed advantage do you gain if you're averaging 19 mph?

in message <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
('cyclintom@yahoo. com') wrote:

> "Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Dan Connelly wrote:
>>> I wrote 0.08 mph, not 10%... I never implied anything else.

>> Maybe Tom only rides at 0.8 mph.

> Or maybe you ought to think about what Dan is saying. How fast are you
> averaging in order to get an additional .08 mph? How many people average
> say 28 mph? How much speed advantage do you gain if you're averaging 19
> mph?

The TdF peloton averages around 25mph for the whole bloody race. They are
the target market for these top end bikes, not you and me. And - as we all
know - on the limit, every little bit of efficiency helps.

;; If God does not write LISP, God writes some code so similar to
;; LISP as to make no difference.

On Nov 29, 3:53 am, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

> The TdF peloton averages around 25mph for the whole bloody race. They are
> the target market for these top end bikes, not you and me.

No kidding?

> in message <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
> ('cyclintom@yahoo. com') wrote:
>
>> "Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Maybe Tom only rides at 0.8 mph.

>> Or maybe you ought to think about what Dan is saying. How fast are you
>> averaging in order to get an additional .08 mph? How many people average
>> say 28 mph? How much speed advantage do you gain if you're averaging 19
>> mph?

> The TdF peloton averages around 25mph for the whole bloody race. They are
> the target market for these top end bikes, not you and me. And - as we all
> know - on the limit, every little bit of efficiency helps.

Simon, you and I might think of these things as hardly worth the money but
believe me when I tell you that there are people like Dan (not a real
criticism mind you since he really is into this sort of thing) who would buy
ANYTHING that might give a performance boost if it could be calculated in
the hundredths of a percent.