EBAY ALTERNATIVES WAYS TO SELL BIKES & PARTS

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by FeePaysux, Feb 28, 2005.

  1. FeePaysux

    FeePaysux Guest

    After 7 years of giving EBAY $10,000 plus a year in listing fees and
    suffering the WORST customer service of all times from their site, I
    have discovered a NEW venue to sell my bicycles and bicycle parts. Its
    called www.onlineauctions.com and for $8 a month you can list unlimited
    items and no final value fees. Please help spread the word to launch a
    viable alternative to the monopoly that has become worse than the phone
    company. I have no interest in this new company other than to see ebay
    get what they deserve for the atrocious gouging and arrogance that is
    their hallmark. Please help support www.onlineauctions.com and keep
    more of your hard earned money while telling ebay "WE ARE NOT GOING TO
    TAKE IT ANYMORE"

    Tags:

  2. JimLane

    JimLane Guest

    FeePaysux wrote:
    > After 7 years of giving EBAY $10,000 plus a year in listing fees and
    > suffering the WORST customer service of all times from their site, I
    > have discovered a NEW venue to sell my bicycles and bicycle parts. Its
    > called www.onlineauctions.com and for $8 a month you can list unlimited
    > items and no final value fees. Please help spread the word to launch a
    > viable alternative to the monopoly that has become worse than the phone
    > company. I have no interest in this new company other than to see ebay
    > get what they deserve for the atrocious gouging and arrogance that is
    > their hallmark. Please help support www.onlineauctions.com and keep
    > more of your hard earned money while telling ebay "WE ARE NOT GOING TO
    > TAKE IT ANYMORE"

    Yep it is so good that it doesn't show up.

    jim

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Dead link
    "FeePaysux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > After 7 years of giving EBAY $10,000 plus a year in listing fees and
    > suffering the WORST customer service of all times from their site, I
    > have discovered a NEW venue to sell my bicycles and bicycle parts. Its
    > called www.onlineauctions.com and for $8 a month you can list unlimited
    > items and no final value fees. Please help spread the word to launch a
    > viable alternative to the monopoly that has become worse than the phone
    > company. I have no interest in this new company other than to see ebay
    > get what they deserve for the atrocious gouging and arrogance that is
    > their hallmark. Please help support www.onlineauctions.com and keep
    > more of your hard earned money while telling ebay "WE ARE NOT GOING TO
    > TAKE IT ANYMORE"

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    >After 7 years of giving EBAY $10,000 plus a year in listing fees and
    >suffering the WORST customer service of all times from their site, I
    >have discovered a NEW venue to sell my bicycles and bicycle parts. Its
    >called www.onlineauctions.com and for $8 a month you can list unlimited
    >items and no final value fees. Please help spread the word to launch a
    >viable alternative to the monopoly that has become worse than the phone
    >company. I have no interest in this new company other than to see ebay
    >get what they deserve for the atrocious gouging and arrogance that is
    >their hallmark. Please help support www.onlineauctions.com and keep
    >more of your hard earned money while telling ebay "WE ARE NOT GOING TO
    >TAKE IT ANYMORE"

    I think this is a funny post. You post here in an effort to take buyers,
    and sellers, to another forum. It would seem to make more sense to just
    post here, where it is completely free, and not bother with any lame web
    sites.
    -------------
    Alex

  5. its onlineauction.com sorry for the plural confusion.

    I know it takes time and effort to list items on a site! I know I am
    asking a lot of people just like you to give up some of your valuable
    time. But I also know you are tired of the exorbitant fees, controls
    and complications from the other online auction. I know that it is time
    for us to have an alternative to ebay. This site wants to listen to
    your concerns and try to help, not just send a canned message and give
    you endless runaround.

    I personally have many years experience selling online; I have paid
    thousands of dollars per month to ebay. We think power sellers deserve
    more respect and credit for making ebay what they are today. We have
    all watched ebay's fees increase, not slowly but rapidly. I was there
    when ebay started. We all know it was through word of mouth, friends
    told friends, collectors told other collectors. Soon everyone was
    checking it out. You know that its sellers just like you that built
    ebay! With support from you, and people just like you,
    OnlineAuction.com can work! Tell your friends. This can finally be a
    competitor for ebay with your help. The time is NOW and the price is
    right. www.onlineauction.com

  6. sorry it is onlineauction.com (not plural)

[...]

  7. it is onlineauction.com (not plural) sorry for mistake and confusion
[...]

  8. its onlineauction.com (not plural) sorry for the mistake... The site
    is far from lame. They are two months old and growing in leaps and
    bounds by offering super fair pricing.And a democratic hierarchy unlike
    the ebay experience of totalitarian regime.
    Its an additional option. Not to take anything away from anyone but to
    give people options rather tha Ebay.