Ebay clothing?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Steady Rolling, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Steady Rolling

Steady Rolling New Member

Just been snooping around ebay and there seems to be some decent deals on shorts and jerseys. But my concern is that a lot of them are emanating from China (eg: COLUMBIA HIGHROAD CYCLING JERSEY+SHORTS SZ S,M,L,XL,XXL on eBay (end time 20-Aug-09 00:18:03 BST) ) - and having travelled a bit out there, am well aware of their talent for counterfeiting. So while the stuff may look OK, it may not be of the stated material, which kind of defeats the object.
    So anyone bought any clothing from these places, and got good/bad feedback to report?

(BTW, I realise the stuff you buy in the shops may well be made in China anyway ;) )

Tags:

2. frzamilan

frzamilan New Member

I purchased a kit last week from a seller in China. I'll report the quality of the materials when I receive it. I'm equally suspicious, but I took a flyer considering the price. We'll see...

3. karrie.ann

karrie.ann New Member

cool! i look forward to hearing how the quality is.

4. Steady Rolling

Nice one - keep me updated!

5. Feltski

Feltski New Member

for starters, the pic in your link shows shorts. Im fairly certain just about every team uses bibs (right), so that kinda throws a red flag. As far as cosmetics, it looks fine though. just wouldnt sell it as authentic gear

6. navratbiker

navratbiker New Member

i have bought from ebay before from South Korea, got to say their jerseys are well smart, quality excellent and have the flat panel stitching,pockets,breathable fabric and rubber gripper on all areas needed. erm hold on il get you the ebayers id....

it came in about 4 days so that aint bad and postage was not steep. Cheaper and better than cycling jerseys i have seen, apart from assos their stuff is mint.

ok for that id look for: icrossroad4424

some of them are a bit :( but majority great styles

7. slyjackson

slyjackson New Member

Here is a link to some more kits made in china. I am really thinking hard about getting this $45 rock racing kit. Its fake, but still looks cool. Here is the link :)

8. Steady Rolling

Cheers lads, could be tempted by some of that. TBH, I'm not necessarily looking for a team kit, just want something that's bright to make me stand out on the winding country roads I ride, as well as be made of a decent fabric and work like proper jersey/shorts should.
    I'm not looking for style over substance, in other words...

9. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Considering its counterfeit, i'd expect it to be a lot cheaper than that.

10. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Exactly.

11. Gretzky1

Gretzky1 New Member

I bought a Team Discovery jersey off ebay, was sus as soon as i saw it was coming from china but thought id give the benefit of the doubt.
    Was defintely a fake! Altho had a nike swoosh on the chest, look anywhere else on the jersey & no other nike labels anywhere.

Was still a pretty nice jersey though, and a lot cheaper then most no name branded jerseys out there.

I have seen a lot of the good stuff comes out of italy though. Just bought a new Bianchi jersey & recieved that from a guy off ebay today, and thats a great kit!

12. nonfeel

nonfeel New Member

Quality and good