Ebay Hinjinx: Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chris, May 16, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608410659&category=22679

    Riiiiiiight...

    A four year old Fisher aluminum frame that's been ridden to bejeezus and back, with Santa Cruz
    stickers on it, bent brake bosses, and "jackss" CARVED into the top tube. Please let me build that
    up and trust my health to its integrity.

    All that nonsense aside, would YOU buy a bike from a guy with Jeff Gordon bedsheets?

    This may be the dumbest thing I've seen since the Fisher Paragon with eight-spoke Shimano
    wheels...and a Dorado (I think...something massive and double-crown) fork to make it a proper
    downhill rig.

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608410659&category=22679

    | Riiiiiiight...
    |
    | A four year old Fisher aluminum frame that's been ridden to bejeezus and back, with Santa Cruz
    | stickers on it, bent brake bosses, and "jackss"
    CARVED
    | into the top tube. Please let me build that up and trust my health to its integrity.
    |
    | All that nonsense aside, would YOU buy a bike from a guy with Jeff Gordon bedsheets?
    |
    | This may be the dumbest thing I've seen since the Fisher Paragon with eight-spoke Shimano
    | wheels...and a Dorado (I think...something massive and double-crown) fork to make it a proper
    | downhill rig.

    A freeride DH? out of a straight gauged 7005 alloy frame? Sheesh!

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/13/2003

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608410659&category=22679

    > | Riiiiiiight...
    > |
    > | A four year old Fisher aluminum frame that's been ridden to bejeezus and back, with Santa Cruz
    > | stickers on it, bent brake bosses, and "jackss"
    > CARVED
    > | into the top tube. Please let me build that up and trust my health to
    its
    > | integrity.
    > |
    > | All that nonsense aside, would YOU buy a bike from a guy with Jeff
    Gordon
    > | bedsheets?
    > |
    > | This may be the dumbest thing I've seen since the Fisher Paragon with eight-spoke Shimano
    > | wheels...and a Dorado (I think...something massive
    and
    > | double-crown) fork to make it a proper downhill rig.
    >
    > A freeride DH? out of a straight gauged 7005 alloy frame? Sheesh!

    Nothing wrong with straight gauge 7005 alluminum ;) I've done like a 2.5' drop with it and it held
    up just fine. err, my Kaitai, that is - same frame, just a couple years older. Don't think I'd take
    it on the DH/DS course tho...

    Jon Bond

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Nothing wrong with straight gauge 7005 alluminum ;) I've done like a 2.5' drop with it and it held
    > up just fine. err, my Kaitai, that is - same frame, just a couple years older. Don't think I'd
    > take it on the DH/DS course tho...
    >
    > Jon Bond

    2.5 on an XC hardtail isn't out of the question...of course, we know how to land properly, and can
    probably discern the difference between "use" and "abuse." I get the feeling someone who would
    carve "jackass" in a frame can't make that distinction :)

    And again, I am so not down with NASCAR as interior design.

    Chris

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > All that nonsense aside, would YOU buy a bike from a guy with Jeff Gordon bedsheets?

    You forgot to mention that they are probably urine-stained.

    JD

  6. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608410659&category=22679

    > Riiiiiiight...
    >
    > A four year old Fisher aluminum frame that's been ridden to bejeezus and back, with Santa Cruz
    > stickers on it, bent brake bosses, and "jackss"
    CARVED
    > into the top tube. Please let me build that up and trust my health to its integrity.

    Hey, you mean you don't think POS dumpster-special frames are worth spending $100+ to have them
    reconditioned?

    > All that nonsense aside, would YOU buy a bike from a guy with Jeff Gordon bedsheets?

    Do you really think his "other bike is a Super 8." Yeah, riiiiight. He has a photo of a Super 8 torn
    out of a magazine and is saving up his allowance to buy one in about 5 years.

    -Barry

  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608410659&category=22679

    > > Riiiiiiight...
    > >
    > > A four year old Fisher aluminum frame that's been ridden to bejeezus and back, with Santa Cruz
    > > stickers on it, bent brake bosses, and "jackss"
    > CARVED
    > > into the top tube. Please let me build that up and trust my health to
    its
    > > integrity.
    >
    > Hey, you mean you don't think POS dumpster-special frames are worth
    spending
    > $100+ to have them reconditioned?

    That's different...fixing something that was thrown away is like giving birth to a new bike (which
    sounds painful). Putting parts on that frame would be like falling in live with a prostitute: they
    are both completely worn out and past the point of no return.

    > > All that nonsense aside, would YOU buy a bike from a guy with Jeff
    Gordon
    > > bedsheets?
    >
    > Do you really think his "other bike is a Super 8." Yeah, riiiiight. He has
    > photo of a Super 8 torn out of a magazine and is saving up his allowance
    > buy one in about 5 years.

    It's one of those XR-100s with "Super 8" keyed into the down tube. And a Dale Earnhardt sticker on
    the headtube.

    Chris