Ebay, now these look dodgy!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Tags:

  2. Msa

    Msa Guest

  3. Thomas Buck

    Thomas Buck Guest

  4. On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:01:03 -0000, in
    <[email protected]>, MSA
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/3yuyv

    Dunno - but remember that bloke lying on the cycle path sign in the road ... it has become quite
    famous: It is now in use on a "British Rail"[1] leaflet!

    Love and hugs from Rich x

    [1] Yes, I know.

    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
    like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal

  5. Just zis Guy

    Just zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:01:03 -0000, MSA <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?

    Somewhere Out There is a bike shop with a broken window...

    --
    Guy
    ===

  6. Mark McN

    Mark McN Guest

    Reply to MSA

    > Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?

    Not bad for a guy with just 4 feedbacks, all as a buyer.

    And just look what he's been buying - can't cycle in those! :-O

    http://tinyurl.com/2wsbp http://tinyurl.com/2vy5r

    --
    Mark, UK. Nobody can be lucky all the time; so when your luck deserts you in some fashion don't
    think you've been abandoned in your prime but rather that you're saving up your ration.

  7. Mark McN

    Mark McN Guest

    Reply to Just zis Guy, you know?
    > Somewhere Out There is a bike shop with a broken window...

    And a German-equivalent-of-Dixons...

    --
    Mark, UK. Nobody can be lucky all the time; so when your luck deserts you in some fashion don't
    think you've been abandoned in your prime but rather that you're saving up your ration.

  8. Msa

    Msa Guest

    In article <[email protected]en.co.uk>, "Thomas Buck" <La de la de la> says...

    > "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Mmm, bargains :)
    > >
    > > BEWARE!
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/2ufc7 http://tinyurl.com/2jh9j http://tinyurl.com/36j8u
    > > http://tinyurl.com/2w9z5 http://tinyurl.com/26pyx
    >
    > And your links go through several affiliate websites on the way to eBay... wossup there then?
    >
    > Tom.

    Yeah, that's even more interesting! One of them is Unicyclist.com, and something about adfarm?

    Too late for me to work that one out, come on, who knows what's going on with TinyURL?

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may
    have occurred during transmission

  9. Msa

    Msa Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Reply to MSA
    > >
    > > Blimey, there's loads of 'em, what's going on?
    > >

    > Not bad for a guy with just 4 feedbacks, all as a buyer.
    >
    > And just look what he's been buying - can't cycle in those! :-O
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2wsbp http://tinyurl.com/2vy5r

    ROFL, I hadn't thought to look at that!

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may
    have occurred during transmission

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    MSA wrote:
    > Mmm, bargains :)
    >
    > BEWARE!
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2ufc7 http://tinyurl.com/2jh9j http://tinyurl.com/36j8u
    > http://tinyurl.com/2w9z5 http://tinyurl.com/26pyx

    Odds on its the standard Ebay bike scam. The guy will be in Italy and suggest you send him a Western
    Union money transfer (so beloved of the Nigerian scam merchants) with a password you give him after
    you get the bike. Except he doesn't need the password to get the money and you never get the bike.
    Steer well clear

    If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
    telling them about scams running on their service

    Tony

  11. davebee

    davebee New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2004
    he seems to lack a certain subtlety shall we say?

    Look at the items he has bought as well. He can't have spent any more than 50 euros!!!

  12. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Mmm, bargains :)

    A mate of mine saw a tantalising ad either in the comic or 220 (? the tri mag). The seller was in
    Corsica & would only take cash.

    When my mate suggested he came & fetched it things went very quiet........

    --
    Andrew

    "Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do
    with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options
    afterwards."

  13. Tony Raven wrote:

    > If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
    > telling them about scams running on their service

    Help/Contact Us. One of the options then is to report a possible fraud. I already did this
    one, though.

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "You have nothing to fear, but fear itself....and
    monsters."

  14. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
    >> telling them about scams running on their service
    >
    > Help/Contact Us. One of the options then is to report a possible fraud. I already did this
    > one, though.

    Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payment problems. Just sent one off
    to postmaster

    Tony

  15. Tony Raven wrote:

    > Keith Willoughby wrote:
    >> Tony Raven wrote:
    >>
    >>> If anyone knows how to report it to Ebay I would but their site is pretty impervious to anyone
    >>> telling them about scams running on their service
    >>
    >> Help/Contact Us. One of the options then is to report a possible fraud. I already did this one,
    >> though.
    >
    > Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payment problems. Just sent one
    > off to postmaster

    I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation"/"Possible
    Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".

    --
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/ "Just as I expected, the shopkeeper appeared"

  16. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    MSA <[email protected]> wrote in news:MPG.1aadc56e29a4c3059896a6
    @News.Individual.NET:

    > Yeah, that's even more interesting! One of them is Unicyclist.com, and something about adfarm?
    >
    > Too late for me to work that one out, come on, who knows what's going on with TinyURL?

    Tinyurl.com is maintained by the same guy who runs unicyclist.com, Gilby (see
    http://www.gilby.com/whois.html) and is, as I understand it, run on the same server. Apparently it
    was originally started up due to the problems with wrapped URLs when people posted to
    rec.sport.unicycling.

    I can't find another URL that will make it go through the list of other servers that the above links
    do. Maybe it is down to where the OP got the URLs from?

    Graeme

  17. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Keith Willoughby wrote:

    >> Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payment problems. Just sent one
    >> off to postmaster
    >
    > I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation"/"Possible
    > Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".

    That's what I did followed by an autoresponder on "sending payment" including tips such as contact
    the seller, use PayPal etc. Hardly the response one would expect to a fraud report.

    Tony

  18. Dene Wilby

    Dene Wilby Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] family.com says...
    > Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Tried that. Led me to a deadend autoresponse on how to sort out payme=
    nt
    > >> problems. Just sent one off to postmaster
    > >
    > > I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy violation"/"Possible
    > > Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".

    Check out the full list of stuff he is selling, how come they all show 2=20 bids with
    =A38,888.88? strange.

    http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=3Dderengelauferden&include=3D0&since=3D-
    1&sort=
    =3D3
    &rows=3D50

    Dene

  19. Dene Wilby

    Dene Wilby Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,=20 [email protected] says...

    > > > I got a three-stage menu thing, "Report a prohibited item or listing policy
    > > > violation"/"Possible Fraudulent Listing"/"I didn't bid but I think a listing is fraudulent".
    >=20
    > Check out the full list of stuff he is selling, how come they all show 2=
    =20
    > bids with =A38,888.88? strange.
    >=20
    > http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=3Dderengelauferden&include=3D0&since=3D-
    > 1&so=
    rt=3D3
    > &rows=3D50

    To answer my question, I bet someone has bid those up with no intention=20 of paying. very good!
    imagine this guys commission bill from Ebay ;-)

    Dene