eBay-Sheldon: 55 cm Last of the Lugged Steel Bianchis?

Sheldon Brown

Guest
Trying to make room in my cellar and this very nice bike never really
fit me.

Japanese lugged steel Bianchi Brava, tubular wheels, triple crank...

See: http://tinyurl.com/zwa6y

or: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290018418723

Sheldon "Thinning The Herd" Brown

Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
http://captainbike.com
Useful articles about bicycles and cycling
http://sheldonbrown.com

Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Trying to make room in my cellar and this very nice bike never really
> fit me.
>
> Japanese lugged steel Bianchi Brava, tubular wheels, triple crank...
>
> See: http://tinyurl.com/zwa6y
>
> or: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290018418723
>
> Sheldon "Thinning The Herd" Brown

I can't wait for Press or Brandt to tell you to "take it to RB-Marketplace,
Spammer"! LOL

Bill "hmmm...one aluminum road bike, one carbon road bike; what's missing?"
S.

(And no, Mark, not Titanium!)

Bill Sornson wrote:

> I can't wait for Press or Brandt to tell you to "take it to RB-Marketplace,
> Spammer"! LOL
>
> Bill "hmmm...one aluminum road bike, one carbon road bike; what's missing?"

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...but I'll try to shift some of the blame
to Google Groups's confusing interface. I thought I was posting to
.../marketplace, only noticed the error a few milliseconds after
clicking on "Post message"

Sheldon "Oops" Brown
+------------------------------------+
| Love truth, but pardon error. |
| --Voltaire |
+------------------------------------+

Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> I can't wait for Press or Brandt to tell you to "take it to
>> RB-Marketplace, Spammer"! LOL
>>
>> Bill "hmmm...one aluminum road bike, one carbon road bike; what's
>> missing?"

> Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...but I'll try to shift some of the blame
> to Google Groups's confusing interface. I thought I was posting to
> ../marketplace, only noticed the error a few milliseconds after
> clicking on "Post message"

JFTR, I was kidding. I see no reason why it's inappropriate for a long-time
(and then some) regular like yourself to alert group members to such a sale.

Gorgeous bike; hope it finds a good new home...

Bill

On 11 Aug 2006 14:31:30 -0700, "Sheldon Brown"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Trying to make room in my cellar and this very nice bike never really
>fit me.
>
>Japanese lugged steel Bianchi Brava, tubular wheels, triple crank...
>
>See: http://tinyurl.com/zwa6y
>
>or: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290018418723
>
>Sheldon "Thinning The Herd" Brown
>
>Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
> Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
> http://harriscyclery.com
> Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
> http://captainbike.com
> Useful articles about bicycles and cycling
> http://sheldonbrown.com

Is the shipping correct for this beast?

It is a very nice bike.
How tall are you? I didn't know they made quill stems that were that long
before.

> Trying to make room in my cellar and this very nice bike never really
> fit me.
>
> Japanese lugged steel Bianchi Brava, tubular wheels, triple crank...
>
> See: http://tinyurl.com/zwa6y
>
> or: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290018418723
>
> Sheldon "Thinning The Herd" Brown
>
> Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
> Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
> http://harriscyclery.com
> Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
> http://captainbike.com
> Useful articles about bicycles and cycling
> http://sheldonbrown.com

I spammed:

Earl Bollinger wrote:

> It is a very nice bike.
> How tall are you?

I'm 5'11" and it's all in my legs. I was running 150 mm cranks on that
bike for a while, which put my saddle even higher than usual, so I
really needed the tall stem.

Now that I'm crippled, my legs have become much weaker and this also
calls for a higher handlebar stem.

>I didn't know they made quill stems that were that long before.

That's a Nitto Technomic, the most popular stem we sell. A GREAT
product.

Sheldon "Can't Ride Fixed Anymore" Brown
(http://sheldonbrown.com/health if you care)
| As far as I know, none of my immigrant ancestors |
| arrived with a passport, visa nor work permit. |

Kenny wrote:
> Sheldon Brown wrote:
>> Trying to make room in my cellar and this very nice bike never really
>> fit me.
>>
>> Japanese lugged steel Bianchi Brava, tubular wheels, triple crank...
>>
>> See: http://tinyurl.com/zwa6y
>>
>> or: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290018418723

> Strange, clicked on the link and saw the Ebay page but the photos
> wouldn't load.

Worked fine just now (I clicked the full link, not the tinyurl one).

>> I can't wait for Press or Brandt to tell you to "take it to
>> RB-Marketplace,
>> Spammer"! LOL
>>
>> Bill "hmmm...one aluminum road bike, one carbon road bike; what's
>> missing?"

> Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...but I'll try to shift some of the blame
> to Google Groups's confusing interface. I thought I was posting to
> ../marketplace, only noticed the error a few milliseconds after
> clicking on "Post message"
>
> Sheldon "Oops" Brown

You can always try usenet's "cancel" function, but it won't affect any of
the replies with your original message embedded.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

>I spammed:
>
>> > Japanese lugged steel Bianchi Brava, tubular wheels, triple crank...
>> >
>> > See: http://tinyurl.com/zwa6y
>> >
>> > or: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290018418723

> Earl Bollinger wrote:
>
>> It is a very nice bike.
>> How tall are you?

> I'm 5'11" and it's all in my legs. I was running 150 mm cranks on that
> bike for a while, which put my saddle even higher than usual, so I
> really needed the tall stem.
>
> Now that I'm crippled, my legs have become much weaker and this also
> calls for a higher handlebar stem.
>
>>I didn't know they made quill stems that were that long before.

> That's a Nitto Technomic, the most popular stem we sell. A GREAT
> product.
>
> Sheldon "Can't Ride Fixed Anymore" Brown
> (http://sheldonbrown.com/health if you care)
> +---------------------------------------------------+
> | As far as I know, none of my immigrant ancestors |
> | arrived with a passport, visa nor work permit. |
> Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
> Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
> http://harriscyclery.com
> Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
> http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

Thanks, very interesting.
The pic, sort of, made it look like you might have been 7' tall. :)