ebay unicycle film fraud?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Jester2000, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Jester2000

    Jester2000 Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/5hx9s

    Has anyone seen this DVD? Is it legit? The description at the end
    sounds like UNiVERsE 2. I never heard anything about "One Wheel No
    Limit" changing the music to Pop-Punk. Many of the images on the dvd
    sleeve look really familiar.

    The Seller bought a copy of Universe 2 February 12th:
    http://tinyurl.com/4krdr

    They also bought 100 dvd cases on January 31st:
    http://tinyurl.com/6d65t

    Now I may be wrong, but it REALLY looks like " therealjettaman" is
    ripping off unicycle films and making a profit. They have already sold
    a few, one as high as $24 (without shipping!).

    Very odd.

    Later,

    Jess

    --
    Jester2000 - Muni is a Blast

    'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'busteduni.com'
    (http://www.busteduni.com) | 'primitivepictures.net'
    (http://www.primitivepictures.net) | 'teamprimitive.com'
    (http://www.teamprimitive.com)
    The next installment coming April to a browser near you. It's going to
    be BIG!
    Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

  2. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    Ive never heard of one wheel no limit adding anything or changing the
    music, he may have done it himself or something...
    As for the universe 2, the seller is uniryder22, sounds like Dan himself
    trying to sell a few on ebay.

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery
    New vids, Uni-vid: Yard Riding

    AIM: unicaw89
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

  3. Jester2000

    Jester2000 Guest

    caw89 wrote:
    > *
    > As for the universe 2, the seller is uniryder22, sounds like Dan
    > himself trying to sell a few on ebay.*

    Yeah, Dan sells them on there. What I meant was the guy selling this
    OWNL dvd bought a copy of U2 from Dan. Reading his "extra 30 minutes of
    Extreme Hardcore Unicycling" description, it looks like he ripped off U2
    and is including it on his bootlegged dvd.

    Later,

    Jess

    --
    Jester2000 - Muni is a Blast

    'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'busteduni.com'
    (http://www.busteduni.com) | 'primitivepictures.net'
    (http://www.primitivepictures.net) | 'teamprimitive.com'
    (http://www.teamprimitive.com)
    The next installment coming April to a browser near you. It's going to
    be BIG!
    Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

  4. caw89

    caw89 Guest

  5. munimanpete

    munimanpete Guest

    Jester2000 wrote:
    > *Reading his "extra 30 minutes of Extreme Hardcore Unicycling"
    > description, it looks like he ripped off U2 and is including it on his
    > bootlegged dvd.
    > *

    Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking...looks plain dodgy to me.

    --
    munimanpete - the unicycling kiwi

    WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

    *www.unicycle.2ya.com*
    munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

  6. spickydoo

    spickydoo Guest

    The DVD cover he has on the ebay link has a picture of Brian Mackenzie
    on it from one of the lifestyles of the rich and famous 24 hr races on
    it. It's He probably took it from the gallery here. Does anyone know if
    he would need permission to do something like that? I know people use
    the gallery photo's here on the forum but would something like that be
    too much? Can he get his likeness taken off of there? Just a few
    questions.

    --
    spickydoo - one hot wheel

    "Did you try poking him with a stick?" - John Travolta
    spickydoo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1055

  7. spickydoo wrote:
    > *The DVD cover he has on the ebay link has a picture of Brian
    > Mackenzie on it from one of the lifestyles of the rich and famous 24
    > hr races on it. It's He probably took it from the gallery here. Does
    > anyone know if he would need permission to do something like that? I
    > know people use the gallery photo's here on the forum but would
    > something like that be too much? Can he get his likeness taken off of
    > there? Just a few questions. *

    That's from a Paris to Ancaster race. (In 2003, not the one in 2004
    where I kicked Ryan Atkin's butt :) ) That pic was posted by whoever was
    doing the pics at that race. It's just a unicycle pic taken from the
    internet, I don't think it would be worth anyone's time to take legal
    action

    --
    Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

    TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
    '8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer.wmv)

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
    *120* reviews on *77* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  8. munimanpete

    munimanpete Guest

  9. zod

    zod Guest

    I have a DVD version of OWNL I bought off ebay about a year ago, poor
    quality, but the music is the original and their is nothing from U2 on
    there. This must be a newer rip than what I have.

    --
    zod - Southern Fried mUni

    "We say grace and we say ma'am, if you aint into that we don't give a
    damn"
    zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

  10. bugman

    bugman Guest

    The video's being ripped off is one thing, Syko only has so much pull.
    Were this kid could get in real financial trouble is with the music
    industry. They don't take kindly to having their music stolen, that's
    for sure.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    -"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
    hillbilly but when you're drinking saltwater in the 2nd floor of your
    beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
    sunny day."- - maestro8

    -"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
    are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
    Albert Einstein

  11. zod

    zod Guest

    I posed the following question to him in an email, I am sure he probably
    frequents this site so here it is...

    *"Is this a bootleg compilation of other unicycling DVD's on the market
    like Universe 2?? Do you have permission from the artist like Green Day
    to incorporate their music into the DVD. Do you have direct permission
    and consent of the original producers of the video that is on your
    DVD?"*

    --
    zod - Southern Fried mUni

    "We say grace and we say ma'am, if you aint into that we don't give a
    damn"
    zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

  12. zod

    zod Guest

  13. zod

    zod Guest

  14. the description of the one on ebay sounds like the one on unicycle.com

    'video on unicycle.com'
    (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=345)

    --
    brockfisher05 - Team YAMS Leader

    Dont fight a YAM because it will only take two hits. 1st the yam HITTING
    you 2nd you HITTING the floor

    ADD ME AT: [email protected]
    brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

  15. zod

    zod Guest

  16. Seager

    Seager Guest

  17. Seager

    Seager Guest

  18. unicus

    unicus Guest

    I can’t say that the replacement music really fits with the riding in
    the OWNL video and besides I don’t see that Green Day et at. will take
    kindly to it.

    I can only suggest NOT to buy this bootleg DVD. The new authorised fully
    indexed version will be much better, trust me.

    --
    unicus

    Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  19. pete66

    pete66 Guest