ebay unicycle film fraud?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Jester2000, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. CRAZY legs

    CRAZY legs Guest

    Mabey we can trick him some how, but that would be hard because I bet he
    is somone on this site. IDK I just think we need to get this to stop,
    like the rest of you do.

    --
    CRAZY legs - team YAMS member

    -fat guy in little coat-
    TOMMY BOY
    CRAZY legs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9057

  2. jl0r

    jl0r Guest

    I agree that he should be stopped. I have also emailed the ebay seller
    in the past asking about copyright issues. He responded with something
    about not having a copyright filled with the videos name so he figured
    it was okay.

    I then talked to Andy Cotter about it, and got the same response that
    was listed earlier. He just doesn't care about it, because he never
    expected or tried to make any money off of it. He just wanted that kind
    of content to be made available.

    My best idea is that someone who did buy it rips the entire video and we
    put it somewhere here on unicyclist.com. Hopefully it would be possible
    to kill his business by having the video readily available to download
    for anyone that wants it. After all easy access for anyone to see how a
    trick is done is what Andy intended for the video in the first place.

    I might even be able to host the video elsewhere if someone can get me a
    copy of the videos.

    --
    jl0r - TCUC Unicyclist
    jl0r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4497

  3. unicus

    unicus Guest

    jl0r wrote:
    > *I agree that he should be stopped. I have also emailed the ebay
    > seller in the past asking about copyright issues. He responded with
    > something about not having a copyright filled with the videos name so
    > he figured it was okay.*

    The ebay seller either knows nothing about copyright law or he’s just
    making excuses, either way he’s wrong.
    > *I then talked to Andy Cotter about it, and got the same response that
    > was listed earlier. He just doesn't care about it, because he never
    > expected or tried to make any money off of it. He just wanted that
    > kind of content to be made available.*

    I understand Andy’s point of view and I doubt a great deal of money can
    be made from making any unicycle video as the market is small. But
    ripping someone else’s work without their express permission and then
    just copying it for resale AT A PROFIT (i.e. not at cost) for only
    themselves is just plain wrong.
    > *My best idea is that someone who did buy it rips the entire video and
    > we put it somewhere here on unicyclist.com. Hopefully it would be
    > possible to kill his business by having the video readily available to
    > download for anyone that wants it. After all easy access for anyone
    > to see how a trick is done is what Andy intended for the video in the
    > first place.
    >
    > I might even be able to host the video elsewhere if someone can get me
    > a copy of the videos. *

    Only the copyright owner can do or give express permission to do that.

    And as Roger said…

    --
    unicus

    Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

  4. JamesH

    JamesH Guest

    rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
    > *There is a new version of One Wheel No Limit being produced at the
    > moment. It has been digitally remastered from the master Digital
    > tapes and is fully indexed (down to trick level!). It will be
    > available in UK and US in the near future from Unicycle.com and we
    > hope with German text from Municycle in the future.
    >
    > Roger *

    Any word on the progress of this project Roger?

    --
    JamesH - Back into the swing of things
    JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

  5. eljest

    eljest Guest

  6. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    This has been released already, 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/d56bp). I've
    seen it (me & roger used the master disc to get his DVD player working
    last weekend :rolleyes: ). All I can say is it is possibly the best
    source of trick videos I can think of. Everything is fully indexed, you
    select a trick (e.g wheel walk) and then it goes onto a sub-menu of
    different alternatives (backwards WW, 1ft, stand up, etc). So you select
    a category, select a trick, and it plays the video. Very impressive.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    Officially a  & ~ expert.
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  7. mango

    mango Guest