ECGC + Metablolism + Sugar

klanda20

Oct 13, 2006
Hello everyone,

Today for lunch I saw a new flavor of Snapple, its Asian Pear Green Tea. On the label it says that it contains 55mg of EGCG which boasts that it boosts metabolism. As a newbie rider looking to shed some poundage is this something that might help. The reason I ask is that Snapple also contains a good amount of sugar, which is not good, 30 grams per 17.5 oz to be exact. Thats a lot!

I realize the best way to lose weight is as much biking as possible, but working a 8 - 5 desk job doesn't lead to a whole lot of daytime activity. Boosting metabolism during the day I believe would slowly help the weight loss process.

Anybody know of any other alternatives source for ECGC other than Snapple Green Tea. I don't know if there's a sugar free option. And unfortunately I've heard some negative about taking the pill form (jitters, etc).

Thanks in advance for any good tips!!

Just buy bags of green tea at the grocery and brew your own. There are also supplements available at places like GNC that contain ECGC (epigallocatechin-3-gallate). Whether ECGC lives up to the hype surroinding its effect on metabolism and weight loss has yet to be proven conclusively, but unlike ephedra and its analogues, ECGC does appear to be safe.

The jitters from the pill form is more likely because most of the pills also contain caffeine. Depending on the method used to remove caffeine from green tea, between 35% and 95% of the GCNC remains in decaffeinated green tea.