eco transportation

• Thread starter Christopher Jor
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christopher Jor

All the recent news about getting around without oil cracks me up! glowing reports of fuel cells in
5 years, making one SUV that might be a flop, on and on. what is so bad about human power? I don't
know about anyone else, but a bit of olive oil and a spray can of chain oil lasts me many miles.

Is the fear of becoming a third world country so bad? SUVs are third world to me (ala smoky
India)! SHEESH!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, Ca.

Christopher Jordan <[email protected]> wrote:
: All the recent news about getting around without oil cracks me up! glowing reports of fuel cells
: in 5 years, making one SUV that might be a flop, on and on. what is so bad about human power?

Fear, uncertainty and doubt? Learning to pedal could be scary...

: about anyone else, but a bit of olive oil and a spray can of chain oil lasts me many miles.

Wish I had your mitochondria.

: Is the fear of becoming a third world country so bad? SUVs are third world to me (ala smoky
: India)! SHEESH!

Hm, read something about that. Bicycling is very unpopular in Africa, because development money has
been spent on building roads for cars, so the local elite and development workers can drive around
better. If you can't afford a car in Africa, you can always walk...

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

Status
Not open for further replies.