Ectopic Beats

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dfl, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Dfl

    Dfl Guest

    Hi there,

    I am a year out of university and have just moved into a
    job. In the weeks I consider myself to be active. I run 3
    times a week and swim everyday in between. My weekday
    resting pulse is about 50.

    Now my problem is that often I go out with all my friends on
    a friday night and we let our hair down a bit. We have some
    drinks, some cigarrettes (only on weekends) + do not do any
    other drugs.

    Last year I was experiencing increased amounts of irregular
    heartbeats. It was one I got so worked up I went to the
    hospital, and was diagnosed with normal ectopic beats. I had
    full on ECG's and heart scans and the doctor said there was
    no problem. He gave me some beta-blockers incase they bug me
    again in future.

    My problem is that after this ordeal whenever I wake up
    with a hangover/lack of sleep that day I experience an
    huge amount of ectopic beats. I keep thinking I am goingto
    have a heart attack, or that something is wrong. If I have
    an ectopic beat I am immediately aware of it. Now I have
    been for an ECG and full scan and my GP says that this is
    just a mental thing. Besides this, I seem to work myself
    into such a state sometimes that one could even term it a
    'panic attack'.

    I was wondering if anyone has any hints for me in getting
    over this problem, it seriously gets to me and affects me.
    It seems now that everyday now I am monitoring my heartbeat
    now and then just to make sure its still going. Ocassionally
    when I am monitoring thsese beats I feel pain in my chest,
    which I believe I create myself (in my mind).

    Many Thanks. Have a great weekend.

    DFL

    Tags:

  2. DFL wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am a year out of university and have just moved into a
    > job. In the weeks I consider myself to be active. I run 3
    > times a week and swim everyday in between. My weekday
    > resting pulse is about 50.
    >
    > Now my problem is that often I go out with all my friends
    > on a friday night and we let our hair down a bit. We have
    > some drinks, some cigarrettes (only on weekends) + do not
    > do any other drugs.
    >
    > Last year I was experiencing increased amounts of
    > irregular heartbeats. It was one I got so worked up I went
    > to the hospital, and was diagnosed with normal ectopic
    > beats. I had full on ECG's and heart scans and the doctor
    > said there was no problem. He gave me some beta-blockers
    > incase they bug me again in future.
    >
    > My problem is that after this ordeal whenever I wake up
    > with a hangover/lack of sleep that day I experience an
    > huge amount of ectopic beats. I keep thinking I am goingto
    > have a heart attack, or that something is wrong. If I have
    > an ectopic beat I am immediately aware of it. Now I have
    > been for an ECG and full scan and my GP says that this is
    > just a mental thing. Besides this, I seem to work myself
    > into such a state sometimes that one could even term it a
    > 'panic attack'.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has any hints for me in getting
    > over this problem, it seriously gets to me and affects me.
    > It seems now that everyday now I am monitoring my
    > heartbeat now and then just to make sure its still going.
    > Ocassionally when I am monitoring thsese beats I feel pain
    > in my chest, which I believe I create myself (in my mind).

    Alcohol is cardiotoxic. We even use it to kill heart muscle
    cells in someone with too much heart muscle in a specific
    region of the heart. You may be especially sensitive.

    Individuals, such as yourself, may be at higher risk for
    alcoholic cardiomyopathy.

    "A word to the wise..."

    > Many Thanks.

    All praises belong to God.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. Dfl

    Dfl Guest

    Many thanks DR...much appreciated.

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > DFL wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > I am a year out of university and have just moved into a
    > > job. In the
    weeks I
    > > consider myself to be active. I run 3 times a week and
    > > swim everyday in between. My weekday resting pulse is
    > > about 50.
    > >
    > > Now my problem is that often I go out with all my
    > > friends on a friday night and we let our hair down a
    > > bit. We have some drinks, some cigarrettes (only on
    > > weekends) + do not do any other drugs.
    > >
    > > Last year I was experiencing increased amounts of
    > > irregular heartbeats.
    It
    > > was one I got so worked up I went to the hospital, and
    > > was diagnosed
    with
    > > normal ectopic beats. I had full on ECG's and heart
    > > scans and the doctor said there was
    no
    > > problem. He gave me some beta-blockers incase they bug
    > > me again in future.
    > >
    > > My problem is that after this ordeal whenever I wake up
    > > with a hangover/lack of sleep that day I experience an
    > > huge amount of ectopic beats. I keep thinking I am
    > > goingto have a heart attack, or that
    something
    > > is wrong. If I have an ectopic beat I am immediately
    > > aware of it. Now I have been for an ECG and full
    scan
    > > and my GP says that this is just a mental thing. Besides
    > > this, I seem to work myself into such a state sometimes
    > > that one could even term it a
    'panic
    > > attack'.
    > >
    > > I was wondering if anyone has any hints for me in
    > > getting over this
    problem,
    > > it seriously gets to me and affects me. It seems now
    > > that everyday now I
    am
    > > monitoring my heartbeat now and then just to make sure
    > > its still going. Ocassionally when I am monitoring
    > > thsese beats I feel pain in my chest, which I believe I
    > > create myself (in my mind).
    > >

    > Alcohol is cardiotoxic. We even use it to kill heart
    > muscle cells in
    someone
    > with too much heart muscle in a specific region of the
    > heart. You may be especially sensitive.
    >
    > Individuals, such as yourself, may be at higher risk for
    > alcoholic cardiomyopathy.
    >
    > "A word to the wise..."
    >

    > > Many Thanks.
    >
    > All praises belong to God.
    >

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    >
    > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
    >
    > What is all this about?
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7
    >
    > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  4. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    Mine were to be with me for the rest of my life according to
    two doctors, a third doctor put me on 600mg magnesium
    supplement a day , ectopics stopped within a week and have
    not returned in over 2 year---still take 600mg Chelated
    Magnesium a day.

    [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    nnrp2.saix.net...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am a year out of university and have just moved into a
    > job. In the weeks
    > consider myself to be active. I run 3 times a week and
    > swim everyday in between. My weekday resting pulse is
    > about 50.
    >
    > Now my problem is that often I go out with all my friends
    > on a friday night and we let our hair down a bit. We have
    > some drinks, some cigarrettes (only on weekends) + do not
    > do any other drugs.
    >
    > Last year I was experiencing increased amounts of
    > irregular heartbeats.
    It
    > was one I got so worked up I went to the hospital, and was
    > diagnosed with normal ectopic beats. I had full on ECG's
    > and heart scans and the doctor said there was
    no
    > problem. He gave me some beta-blockers incase they bug me
    > again in future.
    >
    > My problem is that after this ordeal whenever I wake up
    > with a hangover/lack of sleep that day I experience an
    > huge amount of ectopic beats. I keep thinking I am goingto
    > have a heart attack, or that something is wrong. If I have
    > an ectopic beat I am immediately aware of it. Now I have
    > been for an ECG and full
    scan
    > and my GP says that this is just a mental thing. Besides
    > this, I seem to work myself into such a state sometimes
    > that one could even term it a
    'panic
    > attack'.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has any hints for me in getting
    > over this
    problem,
    > it seriously gets to me and affects me. It seems now that
    > everyday now I
    am
    > monitoring my heartbeat now and then just to make sure its
    > still going. Ocassionally when I am monitoring thsese
    > beats I feel pain in my chest, which I believe I create
    > myself (in my mind).
    >
    > Many Thanks. Have a great weekend.
    >
    > DFL

  5. Dfl

    Dfl Guest

    Saw a cardiologist this morning and I am perfectly well,
    absolutely nothing wrong with my heart. Just cut out the
    stimulants and I wont have this problem, lets do it!

    "DFL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    nnrp2.saix.net...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am a year out of university and have just moved into a
    > job. In the weeks
    > consider myself to be active. I run 3 times a week and
    > swim everyday in between. My weekday resting pulse is
    > about 50.
    >
    > Now my problem is that often I go out with all my friends
    > on a friday night and we let our hair down a bit. We have
    > some drinks, some cigarrettes (only on weekends) + do not
    > do any other drugs.
    >
    > Last year I was experiencing increased amounts of
    > irregular heartbeats.
    It
    > was one I got so worked up I went to the hospital, and was
    > diagnosed with normal ectopic beats. I had full on ECG's
    > and heart scans and the doctor said there was
    no
    > problem. He gave me some beta-blockers incase they bug me
    > again in future.
    >
    > My problem is that after this ordeal whenever I wake up
    > with a hangover/lack of sleep that day I experience an
    > huge amount of ectopic beats. I keep thinking I am goingto
    > have a heart attack, or that something is wrong. If I have
    > an ectopic beat I am immediately aware of it. Now I have
    > been for an ECG and full
    scan
    > and my GP says that this is just a mental thing. Besides
    > this, I seem to work myself into such a state sometimes
    > that one could even term it a
    'panic