Eczema is not an allergy?

Salinas

Guest
Is it possible that my eczema is the same skin condition as prickly
heat, which I have also had? If so it would be due to blocked sweat
glands and not an allergy at all. On the web the only research which
seems to support this is at http://www.innatehealth.com/eczema.htm
What do others think? It would be good to see the back of eczema!

[email protected] (Salinas) wrote:

>Is it possible that my eczema is the same skin condition as prickly
>heat, which I have also had? If so it would be due to blocked sweat
>glands and not an allergy at all. On the web the only research which
>seems to support this is at http://www.innatehealth.com/eczema.htm
>What do others think? It would be good to see the back of eczema!

"Eczema" is not an allergy ... it's a scaly, weepy, itchy skin
due to a number of reasons, one of which may be allergies.

Some causes include:

chemical irritation from detergents or other chemicals, including
soap fragrances

Food allergies

Contact allergies (something you touch a lot)

Dry skin - due to inadequate fat intake, inadequate Viatmin A,
overly dry air. etc.

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like
politicians invoking morality and children - grab your wallet and/or