Eczema is not an allergy?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Salinas, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. Salinas

    Salinas Guest

    Is it possible that my eczema is the same skin condition as prickly
    heat, which I have also had? If so it would be due to blocked sweat
    glands and not an allergy at all. On the web the only research which
    seems to support this is at http://www.innatehealth.com/eczema.htm
    What do others think? It would be good to see the back of eczema!

    Tags:

  2. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    [email protected] (Salinas) wrote:

    >Is it possible that my eczema is the same skin condition as prickly
    >heat, which I have also had? If so it would be due to blocked sweat
    >glands and not an allergy at all. On the web the only research which
    >seems to support this is at http://www.innatehealth.com/eczema.htm
    >What do others think? It would be good to see the back of eczema!

    "Eczema" is not an allergy ... it's a scaly, weepy, itchy skin
    due to a number of reasons, one of which may be allergies.

    Some causes include:

    chemical irritation from detergents or other chemicals, including
    soap fragrances

    Food allergies

    Contact allergies (something you touch a lot)

    Dry skin - due to inadequate fat intake, inadequate Viatmin A,
    overly dry air. etc.

    Tsu Dho Nimh

    --
    When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like
    politicians invoking morality and children - grab your wallet and/or