Just wanted to highlight the distinction between LA and EMs accolades by citing a comment from Bob Roll.
I read Bob Roll's Stage 15 report on olntv.com/tdf. You heard it hear first, from a man who rode with 7-Eleven, Motorola, and more importantly, with Lance at the start of his comeback trail from cancer recovery.
"There can be no doubt now that Lance Armstrong is the greatest athlete in the history of the Tour. Not to say that he’s the greatest ever. That honor will probably rest with Eddy Merckx for a very long time to come. But, Lance Armstrong is the greatest champion the Tour as ever seen."
Basically, EM is the greatest cyclist ever. And LA is the greatest TDF rider ever.
Just wanted to highlight the distinction between LA and EMs accolades by citing a comment from Bob Roll.
I read Bob Roll's Stage 15 report on olntv.com/tdf. You heard it hear first, from a man who rode with 7-Eleven, Motorola, and more importantly, with Lance at the start of his comeback trail from cancer recovery.
"There can be no doubt now that Lance Armstrong is the greatest athlete in the history of the Tour. Not to say that he’s the greatest ever. That honor will probably rest with Eddy Merckx for a very long time to come. But, Lance Armstrong is the greatest champion the Tour as ever seen."
Basically, EM is the greatest cyclist ever. And LA is the greatest TDF rider ever.
I am an American. I just wish Bob Roll would do mountain bike races or the X-Games or something else.
NNB, I know. But embedded in various conversation threads are discussions regarding who is the greatest cyclist, and even Lance has indicated he doesn't consider himself the 'in that category'. Limerickman, back me up on this. 😄 😄