Eddy Merckx MX Leader vs Corsa Frameset ?

Crj

Guest
I was wondering if anyone out there has ridden both of these frames from Merckx ? I have a Corsa
frame I bought in 86 and have ridden it all over the state of Colorado and am getting concerned
about having toooooo many miles on it and have decided I would like a newer MX Leader but am sorta
concerned about how it will handle compared to my older more upright 86 Merckx with a 74degree
seatpost angle? the newer MX leaders are a more relaxed 72.39 degrees. Any opinions or experience
out there? Also anyone have or know of a 57 or 58 cm MX leader for sale? Need older vesion with
Chrome chainstays......don't like newer non chromed ones. Thanks Charles R Johnston Jr. [email protected]

In article <[email protected]>, crj <[email protected]> wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone out there has ridden both of these frames from Merckx ? I have a Corsa
>frame I bought in 86 and have ridden it all over the state of Colorado and am getting concerned
>about having toooooo many miles on it

This concern makes very little sense. But if you want a new bike that's OK with me. :)

> and have decided I would like a newer MX Leader but am sorta concerned about how it will handle
> compared to my older more upright 86 Merckx with a 74degree seatpost angle? the newer MX leaders
> are a more relaxed 72.39 degrees.

That factor should not affect handling at all if you put the saddle in the correct place.

crj-<< I was wondering if anyone out there has ridden both of these frames from Merckx ? I have a
Corsa frame I bought in 86 and have ridden it all over the state of Colorado and am getting
concerned about having toooooo many miles on it and have decided I would like a newer MX Leader but
am sorta concerned about how it will handle compared to my older more upright 86 Merckx with a
74degree seatpost angle? the newer MX leaders are a more relaxed 72.39
>><BR><BR>

If the 74 degree seattube angle fits, i would wonder if the 72 and change one would even fit ya.