Edge 205 GPS Mac Users

ESheldon

Jan 15, 2006
I've recently purchased a Garmin Edge 205 unit. I can upload all my information on the web via a windows machine to motionbased. As I'm a mac user, this is a pain in the bottom! Does anyone know of any sites online that cater to mac users, especially geared to mapping, yet keeping all my training information to hand as well?

Incidentally, the Edge is a cool unit, I've not had any problems with mine and the GPS unit itself is really quick to pick up the signal and the whole unit is easy to use.

So, if anyone could point me in the direction of links to sites I would be grateful.

Cheers! :)

Try motionbased.com. It's owned by Garmin. There is a charge for some of the services, but you can do a lot for free.

You have to install a plugin that can be found on the Mac OSX forum. Also, the mapping functions are not working in their entirety for Macs yet, but should be in the future.

Finally, Garmin's training center will be release in a Mac verion sometime in the next few months.

Hope this helps.

gogoturtle said:
Try motionbased.com. It's owned by Garmin. There is a charge for some of the services, but you can do a lot for free.

You have to install a plugin that can be found on the Mac OSX forum. Also, the mapping functions are not working in their entirety for Macs yet, but should be in the future.

Finally, Garmin's training center will be release in a Mac verion sometime in the next few months.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I did sort of know about motionbased, but I wasn't aware that I could use it just yet with my iBook.

:)