Edgestrip for carbonseat?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on carbon-/glassfibre
    euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.

Regards Mikael

Tags:

2. Auto or motorcycle-accessories shops should have it. For motorcycles it protects
    windscreen-edges. It have a rubber outside and a u-shaped piece of metal (alu?) that grabs the
    edge. It is rather heavy..

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
    > carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

3. "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > Auto or motorcycle-accessories shops should have it. For motorcycles it protects
    > windscreen-edges. It have a rubber outside and a u-shaped piece of metal (alu?) that grabs the
    > edge. It is rather heavy..

Well the stuff I am thinking of is just a black flexible plasticstrip. Not all that heavy either.
    Had one on my Streamer. Will try an MC-dealer tho. You never know.

Mikael

4. Paul Worden

Paul Worden Guest

I'm not sure whether this is a seat you're making yourself or a commercial one.

For a home made seat: You might also consider the strip used to protect the edge of particle board
    furniture. It's made with a bayonet strip at the rear which would slot into a CF seat OR you can
    cut the strip off with a sharp knife. Available in in 1/2 and 3/4 inch and black, grey and brown
    here in OZ.

Paul W - MR Swift Tadpole

5. Try an auto upholstery shop. They use it as trim on plastic or metal edges. Dan Kluckhuhn

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
    > carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

6. Bill B

Bill B Guest

7. That's the kind I was talking about ;-) "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
    > > carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but
    > > not sure.
    > >
    > > Regards Mikael
    >
    > here is what you need Mikael. http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=65521&BQ=jcw2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.