Edgestrip for carbonseat?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on carbon-/glassfibre
    euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.

    Regards Mikael

    Tags:

  2. Auto or motorcycle-accessories shops should have it. For motorcycles it protects
    windscreen-edges. It have a rubber outside and a u-shaped piece of metal (alu?) that grabs the
    edge. It is rather heavy..

    > Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
    > carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

  3. "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > Auto or motorcycle-accessories shops should have it. For motorcycles it protects
    > windscreen-edges. It have a rubber outside and a u-shaped piece of metal (alu?) that grabs the
    > edge. It is rather heavy..

    Well the stuff I am thinking of is just a black flexible plasticstrip. Not all that heavy either.
    Had one on my Streamer. Will try an MC-dealer tho. You never know.

    Mikael

  4. Paul Worden

    Paul Worden Guest

    I'm not sure whether this is a seat you're making yourself or a commercial one.

    For a home made seat: You might also consider the strip used to protect the edge of particle board
    furniture. It's made with a bayonet strip at the rear which would slot into a CF seat OR you can
    cut the strip off with a sharp knife. Available in in 1/2 and 3/4 inch and black, grey and brown
    here in OZ.

    Paul W - MR Swift Tadpole

  5. Try an auto upholstery shop. They use it as trim on plastic or metal edges. Dan Kluckhuhn

    > Anyone got a good idea where to get that plasticstrip that protects the edges on
    > carbon-/glassfibre euroseats? Preferably in Denmark. I was thinking autopartdealers but not sure.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

  6. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

  7. That's the kind I was talking about ;-) "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    news:<[email protected]>...