Edinburgh Bike Co-op is.....

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony R, May 12, 2003.

  1. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    where exactly? I'll have an hour or two to kill at Waverley (?) rail station at the weekend. Is EBC
    within walking distance for a quick browse? Thanks, tony R.

    Tags:

  2. In news:[email protected], tony R <[email protected]> typed:
    > where exactly? I'll have an hour or two to kill at Waverley (?) rail station at the weekend. Is
    > EBC within walking distance for a quick browse?

    Slightly nearer Haymarket, but you'd need to get a bus to it, really. There's plenty to do near
    Waverley if you want to see a bit of Edinburgh, though. I'd recommend chilling out in Princes Street
    Gardens as most relaxing.

  3. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    tony R wrote:
    > where exactly? I'll have an hour or two to kill at Waverley (?) rail station at the weekend. Is
    > EBC within walking distance for a quick browse?

    Walk west along Princes Street until you get to Lothian Road (major left turn at the end of the
    Gardens) and head up there. When you get to Tollcross there's a fork, and you want to bear right
    onto Bruntsfield Place, which will take you up past the Kings Theatre (on your left, more or less
    opposite that down a side street is Biketrax, also worth a look). When you get to Whitehouse Loan
    (on your left) either go up there a wee way to EBC, or cross over and have a gander in Velo Ecosse
    first. Note that Alvanley Tce is a comedy address of a few properties on Whitehouse Loan, not really
    a street in its own right.

    map on http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/resource/directions.html#edinburghmap

    You can do it in a couple of hours and still have browsing time, but walk fast!

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  4. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    tony R <[email protected]> wrote:
    : where exactly? I'll have an hour or two to kill at Waverley (?) rail station at the weekend. Is
    : EBC within walking distance for a quick browse?

    Not really near enough for an hour if you don't know where you are going I'm afraid. If you have two
    hours you could do it but it's a 30 min walk from Waverly

    Arthur

    Lord Lester

  5. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > tony R wrote:
    > > where exactly? I'll have an hour or two to kill at Waverley (?) rail
    station
    > > at the weekend. Is EBC within walking distance for a quick browse?
    >
    > Walk west along Princes Street until you get to Lothian Road (major left turn at the end of the
    > Gardens) and head up there. When you get to Tollcross there's a fork, and you want to bear right
    > onto Bruntsfield Place, which will take you up past the Kings Theatre (on your left, more or less
    > opposite that down a side street is Biketrax, also worth a look). When you get to Whitehouse Loan
    > (on your left) either go up there a wee way to EBC, or cross over and have a gander in Velo Ecosse
    > first. Note that Alvanley Tce is a comedy address of a few properties on Whitehouse Loan, not
    > really a street in its own right.
    >
    > map on http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/resource/directions.html#edinburghmap
    >
    > You can do it in a couple of hours and still have browsing time, but walk fast!
    >
    > Pete.
    > --
    > Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells
    > Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    > http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

    Thanks for that. I'll need a brisk walk anyway as I'll be missing two days on the bike and gaining
    two days on the gargle. tony R.

  6. "tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > where exactly? I'll have an hour or two to kill at Waverley (?) rail
    station
    > at the weekend. Is EBC within walking distance for a quick browse? Thanks, tony R.

    I think the 11, 12 or 15 buses must go fairly near. You could walk back - downhill.

  7. Simon Geller

    Simon Geller Guest

    You won't need to walk back - obviously. You'll have bought a bike by then!

    news:[email protected]...