Edinburgh cycle track warning.

Jon Senior

Guest
A warning for those who use the Innocent railway cycle track and who
haven't been down it recently. There is a tree lying across the track
supported by the walls on either side. It's unlikely to take anyone by
surprise, but do remember to duck and watch out for incoming cyclists as
there isn't much room to pass while going under it.

Jon

Jon Senior wrote:

> A warning for those who use the Innocent railway cycle track and who
> haven't been down it recently. There is a tree lying across the track
> supported by the walls on either side. It's unlikely to take anyone by
> surprise, but do remember to duck and watch out for incoming cyclists as
> there isn't much room to pass while going under it.

I believe you call them neds in that part of the world...

Jon Senior wrote:
> A warning for those who use the Innocent railway cycle track and who
> haven't been down it recently. There is a tree lying across the track
> supported by the walls on either side. It's unlikely to take anyone by
> surprise, but do remember to duck and watch out for incoming cyclists
> as there isn't much room to pass while going under it.

Thanks, yes I managed to dodge it my way home yesterday from a visit to the
Bicycleworks to get my new club top. It is quite an obstacle though.

Tom.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:29:08 +0100, Tom Orr wrote
(in article <[email protected]>):

> Jon Senior wrote:
>> A warning for those who use the Innocent railway cycle track and who
>> haven't been down it recently. There is a tree lying across the track
>> supported by the walls on either side. It's unlikely to take anyone by
>> surprise, but do remember to duck and watch out for incoming cyclists
>> as there isn't much room to pass while going under it.

> Thanks, yes I managed to dodge it my way home yesterday from a visit to the
> Bicycleworks to get my new club top. It is quite an obstacle though.
>
> Tom.

Just as an aside, are there any good bike builders in Edinburgh apart from
the ubiquitous EBC? As i posted elsewhere, I have been looking out for a city
commuter bike and wondered who else might manage a nice wide range of custom
builds. I'm quite keen on using an Orange frame but I guess this might need a
trip to sandy Wallace.

Cheers,

Steve

--
The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Steve Hodgson wrote:

<snipped>

> Just as an aside, are there any good bike builders in Edinburgh apart
> from the ubiquitous EBC? As i posted elsewhere, I have been looking
> out for a city commuter bike and wondered who else might manage a
> nice wide range of custom builds. I'm quite keen on using an Orange
> frame but I guess this might need a trip to sandy Wallace.

I would suggest trying Bicycleworks but then I might be biased as they
sponsor the Edinburgh RC. They have serviced my bike well for years and
built me a wheel at the Argyll Pace branch and sourced a frame for me at
their Peebles branch. Velo Ecosse look have a lot of frames in their shop
and they build up their own distinctive blue, red and yellow frames. I'd be
interested to hear how you get on whoever you choose.

Tom.

Tom Orr [email protected] opined the following...
> I would suggest trying Bicycleworks but then I might be biased as they
> sponsor the Edinburgh RC. They have serviced my bike well for years and
> built me a wheel at the Argyll Pace branch and sourced a frame for me at
> their Peebles branch. Velo Ecosse look have a lot of frames in their shop
> and they build up their own distinctive blue, red and yellow frames. I'd be
> interested to hear how you get on whoever you choose.

My experiences of BicycleWorks have always been good, although I've not
made any major purchases there. The bikes in their Triathlon shop in
Newington are definately very cool and worthy of a browse.

Jon

Jon Senior wrote:

> My experiences of BicycleWorks have always been good, although I've

not
> made any major purchases there. The bikes in their Triathlon shop in
> Newington are definately very cool and worthy of a browse.

You could also try calling in at Alexander Paterson in Roseburn. He
custom builds bikes up from frames he buys in, and had a lot of good
words to say about Fort frames when I spoke to him a couple of weeks
ago.

Becky