eDiscountBike: Junk for sale

> The forks are both I.S. standard and brand new. They both work fine with other brands of front
> calipers and disc rotors (Avid and Cyclone). The
only
> part that isn't working is the Grimeca caliper from eDiscountBike. So,
no,
> there isn't an adapter issue. This is about defective parts.
eDiscountBike
> won't accept returns on parts that are unsealed, so I'm stuck with useless junk.

Mr. Sanders, I bought these too and they cleared my fork just fine. But they also do not stop the
bike within 50 feet if you're going over 3 miles per hour. Chalk these calipers up as a loss,
but eDiscountbikes isn't a bad place.

Use the rotors with your other calipers.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

> > I should have known better...
> <snip the self proclaimed discount king's tales of woe>
>
> Use a good LBS next time, Barry Bargain.

LOL!

I just dropped about $150 at the LBS in the past week (shock pump, tools, cables, housing,
handlebars, etc). I send everybody who wants a new bike or cycling clothes to the same local shop,
and they get great service. I take care of my LBS, and they take care of me. I've already bought 3
bikes locally in the past 10 years. That's more than most average people buy in a lifetime. Between
the hundreds of $$ in parts and accessories that I buy annually for my 8 bikes (constantly
upgrading, changing stuff, etc), and the dozens of referrals, and helping the shop sell remaindered
bikes on eBay, I think they like me just fine. I guess that's why the owners are always doing
favors for me.

Will I pay $375 for a special-order high-end fork from the LBS when I can buy it for $100 on Ebay
slightly used? No way. Will I buy heavy road wheels for $300/pr when I can get better, newer,
lighter wheels for $160 brand new in the box with a full warranty direct from a dealer in another
state? Of course not. Would you?

I don't expect every bargain to be perfect. I'm realistic about minor defects, factory seconds, etc;
but when somebody is peddling junk, I warn my homies. It's a public service. You're welcome.

Barry

"B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<V%ixa.870477$F1.109520@sccrnsc04>...
> Will I pay $375 for a special-order high-end fork from the LBS when I can buy it for $100 on Ebay
> slightly used? No way. Will I buy heavy road wheels for $300/pr when I can get better, newer,
> lighter wheels for $160 brand new in the box with a full warranty direct from a dealer in another
> state? Of course not. Would you?

Did you get screwed on the Grimeca brake deal and will get screwed again on a "bargain"? Yes.
Will I? No.

> I don't expect every bargain to be perfect. I'm realistic about minor defects, factory seconds,
> etc; but when somebody is peddling junk, I warn my homies. It's a public service. You're welcome.

I'm not welcome at all for what you see as a public service because I know what the hell I'm doing.
You apparently don't.

JD

"GRL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I bought a Sports Instruments ECG-5 heart monitor from them, it came the same week I bought it,
> brand new condition. It works great. Shipping was reasonable, if not cheap. No complaints at all.
> Would definitely buy from them again.

Glad to hear it. Chalk one up for eDiscountBike.com.

> They have a 99.7% positive feedback rating with 18,000+ feedbacks which is extremely good by any
> standard.. Crooks and schlock merchants do not get that kind of positive feedback rating.

Negative feedback is very rare on Ebay. There are a lot of schlock merchants with high ratings.

> These guys are obviously honest and the wildly overwhelming majority of buyers are happy. I think
> few retail stores (bike shop or any other kind) would have that good a customer feedback rating.

I didn't question their honesty, only the quality of the merchandise.

-Barry

> "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Will I pay $375 for a special-order high-end fork from the LBS when I
can
> > buy it for $100 on Ebay slightly used? No way. Will I buy heavy road
wheels
> > for $300/pr when I can get better, newer, lighter wheels for $160 brand
new
> > in the box with a full warranty direct from a dealer in another state?
Of
> > course not. Would you?
>
> Did you get screwed on the Grimeca brake deal and will get screwed again on a "bargain"? Yes.
> Will I? No.

You'll just keep paying *WAAAAY* too much out of ignorance. But that's what knuckle-draggers
do, I guess.

> > I don't expect every bargain to be perfect. I'm realistic about minor defects, factory seconds,
> > etc; but when somebody is peddling junk, I
warn my
> > homies. It's a public service. You're welcome.
>
> I'm not welcome at all for what you see as a public service because I know what the hell I'm
> doing. You apparently don't.

Come over and have a look at my bike collection. Let me tell you what I paid (net) for each one, and
then we can talk about who knows what. Until then, quit whining.

-Barry

> In article <mH9xa.609308$OV.571910@rwcrnsc54>, [email protected] says...
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > You ever think you may need some kind of adapter. I've got a Noleen fork from
> > > them no problem.
> >
> > The forks are both I.S. standard and brand new. They both work fine
with
> > other brands of front calipers and disc rotors (Avid and Cyclone). The
only
> > part that isn't working is the Grimeca caliper from eDiscountBike. So,
no,
> > there isn't an adapter issue. This is about defective parts.
eDiscountBike
> > won't accept returns on parts that are unsealed, so I'm stuck with
useless
> > junk.
> >
> > -Barry
>
> you and they in the US? file a consumer fraud complaint with the attorney general stating that
> they did not specifically state the caliper may be defective to begin with.

Thanks Trav. I appreciate the suggestion; but I think I've done enough. If it was a $500 item, I'd
file a complaint. I don't want to cause too much trouble over a $49 item; I only wanted to alert
y'all to some junk being sold by this merchant. Apparently eDiscountBike does sell some good stuff,
too -- just be ready to either fight with them for a return authorization on opened merchandise, or
eat the cost if it doesn't work.

Peace,

Barry

I disagree about schlock merchants not getting negative feedback on e-bay. They get lots of it.
Human nature. You get screwed by somebody, you want to get even. What is true, is that eBay is not
real likely to do anything about it themselves, but the bad comments will still be there for all to
see who care to look.

If you had a problem with a product they supplied, you should contact them about your unhappiness.
You might end up with a refund or a replacement.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer) "B.
> "GRL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I bought a Sports Instruments ECG-5 heart monitor from them, it came the same week I bought it,
> > brand new condition. It works great. Shipping was reasonable, if not cheap. No complaints at
> > all. Would definitely buy
from

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Retail is for suckers, just as your "bargains" that turn out to be **** are.

> > > I don't expect every bargain to be perfect. I'm realistic about minor defects, factory
> > > seconds, etc; but when somebody is peddling junk, I
> warn my
> > > homies. It's a public service. You're welcome.
> >
> > I'm not welcome at all for what you see as a public service because I know what the hell I'm
> > doing. You apparently don't.
>
> Come over and have a look at my bike collection. Let me tell you what I paid (net) for each one,
> and then we can talk about who knows what.

You don't want to be responsible for Manslaughter because I'd probably die from laughing so hard.

> Until then, quit whining.

Let's see....who was whining that they got ripped off? Just shut the hell up and ride.

JD

> "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > can
> > wheels
> > new
> > Of
> > >
> > > Did you get screwed on the Grimeca brake deal and will get screwed again on a "bargain"? Yes.
> > > Will I? No.
> >
> > You'll just keep paying *WAAAAY* too much out of ignorance. But that's
what
> > knuckle-draggers do, I guess.
>
> HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Retail is for suckers, just as your "bargains" that turn out to be **** are.

What is your malfunction, Pyle? Are you always a jackass, or just for special occasions?

Re-read what you wrote. I'm sure you thought you had a point. Retail is for suckers; but bargains
are also for suckers? Mmmmmkay. File under "nonsensical raving."

> > warn my
> > >
> > > I'm not welcome at all for what you see as a public service because I know what the hell I'm
> > > doing. You apparently don't.
> >
> > Come over and have a look at my bike collection. Let me tell you what I paid (net) for each one,
> > and then we can talk about who knows what.
>
> You don't want to be responsible for Manslaughter because I'd probably die from laughing so hard.

So when will you be coming to visit? I can't wait to show you my mint condition 2001 Klein Attitude
with XTR, RaceFace cranks and a like-new 2002 Marzocchi fork that cost me $450 (it's not hot - I
checked). But I'm sure a smart shopper like you has found much better deals because you never take
any risks. You're so cool.

> > Until then, quit whining.
>
> Let's see....who was whining that they got ripped off? Just shut the hell up and ride.

If you don't like what I write - ignore me. Take control of your OCD by *not* responding this time.

Barry