EDT weight training and Multisport training

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Spm073, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Spm073

    Spm073 Guest

    Ive been reading a lot about "escalating density training (EDT)" and it seems like an interesting
    concept to merge with my multisport training.

    Are any of the tri veterans familiar the EDT system?

    Basically, its weight training measured by the total number of reps in a 15 minute time period with
    the goal of increasing the total number of reps by 20% you increase the weights by 10%.

    THe time component seems to be a good way to add cardio to weight training and work on muscular
    endurance as well.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    Patrick

    Tags:

  2. It's all hocus pocus. Swim, bike, run to get faster swimming, biking, and running.