EDTA

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Paul, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Does anyone have experience using EDTA
    Thanks
    Paul

    Tags:

  2. Just Cocky

    Just Cocky Guest

    On 20 Aug 2005 17:46:51 -0700, "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anyone have experience using EDTA

    For what purpose?

  3. Paul wrote:

    > Does anyone have experience using EDTA

    Oral EDTA-Chelation Therapy

    Now, somebody might actually have a clue as to what you are talking
    about.

  4. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    A distant Aunt of mine had a brutal stroke at age 75 and went through
    injected EDTA chelation therapy. She is currently 85 and does volunteer work
    with the YMCA and various charity groups. Driving people all over town she
    says she didn't feel this good at age 16.

    The therapy is expensive as the medical gurus have determeined they don't
    want to pay for the procedure unless it is for lead poisoning. It takes
    many. many visits over the period of months to years on a depreciating
    frequency basis.

    Ten years later she looks good still.

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does anyone have experience using EDTA
    > Thanks
    > Paul

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does anyone have experience using EDTA
    > Thanks
    > Paul

    We use it in the lab to prevent a blood specimen from clotting
    before running it thru the cell counter.

    It's a calcium binder.....

    I'm dubious about it's safety as a food preservative.

    What's wrong with ascorbates and tocopherols?
    --
    Om.

  6. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    What binding powers do ascorbates and tocopherals have?

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone have experience using EDTA
    > > Thanks
    > > Paul
    > >

    > We use it in the lab to prevent a blood specimen from clotting
    > before running it thru the cell counter.
    >
    > It's a calcium binder.....
    >
    > I'm dubious about it's safety as a food preservative.
    >
    > What's wrong with ascorbates and tocopherols?
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

    Nicholson

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What binding powers do ascorbates and tocopherals have?

    I was referring to their use as preservatives in food...
    --
    Om.

  8. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone have experience using EDTA

    > Oral EDTA-Chelation Therapy
    >
    > Now, somebody might actually have a clue as to what you are talking
    > about.

    EDTA has not been shown to be helpful in preventing heart disease.

    Jeff

  9. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >A distant Aunt of mine had a brutal stroke at age 75 and went through
    > injected EDTA chelation therapy. She is currently 85 and does volunteer
    > work
    > with the YMCA and various charity groups. Driving people all over town she
    > says she didn't feel this good at age 16.
    >
    > The therapy is expensive as the medical gurus have determeined they don't
    > want to pay for the procedure unless it is for lead poisoning.

    That is because there is no evidence that the treatment works. It is a waste
    of time and money. That is why the medical gurus don't want to pay for it.

    > It takes
    > many. many visits over the period of months to years on a depreciating
    > frequency basis.
    >
    > Ten years later she looks good still.

    I am sure she did many other things besides chelation.

    Jeff

    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Does anyone have experience using EDTA
    >> Thanks
    >> Paul

  10. Just Cocky

    Just Cocky Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:17:39 GMT, "Jeff" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >message news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Paul wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have experience using EDTA

    >> Oral EDTA-Chelation Therapy
    >>
    >> Now, somebody might actually have a clue as to what you are talking
    >> about.

    >EDTA has not been shown to be helpful in preventing heart disease.

    Research on EDTA chelation is ongoing. See, for example:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...d&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15917185&query_hl=1

  11. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    Yes she sat in her wheel chair and slobered a lot while she did mumble
    therapy. I think the slobbering is the medical way to cure a bad stroke.

    Try a better troll 3 out of 10 asshole

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I am sure she did many other things besides chelation.
    >
    > Jeff

  12. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    Wanna' talk cars or something instead then?

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > What binding powers do ascorbates and tocopherals have?
    > >

    > I was referring to their use as preservatives in food...
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

    Nicholson

  13. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    That's just bullshit from another asshole

    WTF do you think a stroke is jerk off?

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]

    > "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Paul wrote:
    > >
    > >> Does anyone have experience using EDTA

    > > Oral EDTA-Chelation Therapy
    > >
    > > Now, somebody might actually have a clue as to what you are talking
    > > about.

    > EDTA has not been shown to be helpful in preventing heart disease.
    >
    > Jeff

  14. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > That's just bullshit from another asshole.
    >
    > WTF do you think a stroke is jerk off?

    A stroke is damage to the brain from lack of blood flow, usually from a
    clot.

    The mechanisms of heart disease and stroke are very similar, both involving
    hardening of the arteries.

    And, I don't believe that EDTA has been shown to be beneficial to help
    stroke or heart disease or prevent either one of them.

    Jeff

    PS, You should start posting your comment inline. It makes the conversation
    easier to follow and show respect to your fellow readers. Of course, I am
    not suggesting that anything you have to say is worthwhile reading.

    > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:D[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:[email protected]

    >> > Oral EDTA-Chelation Therapy
    >> >
    >> > Now, somebody might actually have a clue as to what you are talking
    >> > about.

    >> EDTA has not been shown to be helpful in preventing heart disease.
    >>
    >> Jeff

  15. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yes she sat in her wheel chair and slobered a lot while she did mumble
    > therapy. I think the slobbering is the medical way to cure a bad stroke.
    >
    > Try a better troll 3 out of 10 asshole

    Thanks for the nice comments. You really show your intelligence with them.

    When did you aunt get the EDTA in relationship to her storke? Immediately? A
    few days after? A few weeks or months after?

    What evidence is there that EDTA helps stroke victims?

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    PS, it would be much easier to follow your conversations, if there is
    anything worth following, if you made your comments in line instead of on
    top.

  16. "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:
    > A distant Aunt of mine had a brutal stroke at age 75 and went through
    > injected EDTA chelation therapy. She is currently 85 and does volunteer

    work
    > with the YMCA and various charity groups. Driving people all over town she
    > says she didn't feel this good at age 16.

    Pizza Girl, I receive health mailings for oral EDTA capsules
    products all the time.

  17. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    You should stop trolling.

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > That's just bullshit from another asshole.
    > >
    > > WTF do you think a stroke is jerk off?

    > A stroke is damage to the brain from lack of blood flow, usually from a
    > clot.
    >
    > The mechanisms of heart disease and stroke are very similar, both

    involving
    > hardening of the arteries.
    >
    > And, I don't believe that EDTA has been shown to be beneficial to help
    > stroke or heart disease or prevent either one of them.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > PS, You should start posting your comment inline. It makes the

    conversation
    > easier to follow and show respect to your fellow readers. Of course, I am
    > not suggesting that anything you have to say is worthwhile reading.
    >
    > > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:D[email protected]
    > >>
    > >> "Mr-Natural-Health" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> message news:[email protected]

    > >> EDTA has not been shown to be helpful in preventing heart disease.
    > >>
    > >> Jeff

  18. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    Stop troll posting

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Yes she sat in her wheel chair and slobered a lot while she did mumble
    > > therapy. I think the slobbering is the medical way to cure a bad stroke.
    > >
    > > Try a better troll 3 out of 10 asshole

    > Thanks for the nice comments. You really show your intelligence with them.
    >
    > When did you aunt get the EDTA in relationship to her storke? Immediately?

    > few days after? A few weeks or months after?
    >
    > What evidence is there that EDTA helps stroke victims?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > PS, it would be much easier to follow your conversations, if there is
    > anything worth following, if you made your comments in line instead of on
    > top.
    >

    > > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >>
    > >> I am sure she did many other things besides chelation.
    > >>
    > >> Jeff

  19. Pizza Girl.

    Pizza Girl. Guest

    I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?

    "George Lagergren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > A distant Aunt of mine had a brutal stroke at age 75 and went through
    > > injected EDTA chelation therapy. She is currently 85 and does volunteer

    > work
    > > with the YMCA and various charity groups. Driving people all over town

    she
    > > says she didn't feel this good at age 16.

    > Pizza Girl, I receive health mailings for oral EDTA capsules
    > products all the time.

  20. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > You should stop trolling.

    On the rag again deary?????
    --
    Om.