EDTA

"Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?
>
> "George Lagergren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > A distant Aunt of mine had a brutal stroke at age 75 and went through
> > > injected EDTA chelation therapy. She is currently 85 and does

volunteer
> > work
> > > with the YMCA and various charity groups. Driving people all over town

> she
> > > says she didn't feel this good at age 16.

> > Pizza Girl, I receive health mailings for oral EDTA

capsules
> > products all the time.

It's excellent for those Type A blood diet people who eat plant lectins and
get agglutinated. The EDTA unagglutinates them.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Robert" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?
> >
> > "George Lagergren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> volunteer
> > > work

> > she
> > >
> > > Pizza Girl, I receive health mailings for oral EDTA

> capsules
> > > products all the time.
> > >

> It's excellent for those Type A blood diet people who eat plant lectins and
> get agglutinated. The EDTA unagglutinates them.

<lol!>
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

> You should stop trolling.

You should stop top-posting.

However, I am not trolling. I am responding to comments other make. Your
calling it trolling doesn't make it so. In fact, I believe you call it
trolling because you cannot come up with an intelligent response to what I
have to say.

Jeff

> Stop troll posting

When I challenge you to provide facts, you call me a "troll." I guess that
is your way of trying to wiggle out of a dicussion.

Jeff

> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > Yes she sat in her wheel chair and slobered a lot while she did mumble
>> > therapy. I think the slobbering is the medical way to cure a bad
>> > stroke.
>> >
>> > Try a better troll 3 out of 10 asshole

>> Thanks for the nice comments. You really show your intelligence with
>> them.
>>
>> When did you aunt get the EDTA in relationship to her storke?
>> Immediately?

>> few days after? A few weeks or months after?
>>
>> What evidence is there that EDTA helps stroke victims?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> PS, it would be much easier to follow your conversations, if there is
>> anything worth following, if you made your comments in line instead of on
>> top.
>>

>> > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

"Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?

Effective for whom? I suspect that it is effective for the marketing
companies, or they would stop sending health mailings. It is not effective
for patients, because the EDTA is not absorbed well and because the EDTA
does not work to help stroke victims or to prevent or treat heart attacks or
stroke.

Jeff

George Lagergren wrote:

> I receive health mailings for oral EDTA capsules
> products all the time.

You have my condolences. :(

One of your the vitamin companies or magazines that you do business
with has sold their mailing lists.

Just thought that you might want to know.

Do you have any cites or sites to support your ridiculous rantings?

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...

> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?

> Effective for whom? I suspect that it is effective for the marketing
> companies, or they would stop sending health mailings. It is not effective
> for patients, because the EDTA is not absorbed well and because the EDTA
> does not work to help stroke victims or to prevent or treat heart attacks

or
> stroke.
>
> Jeff
>
> > "George Lagergren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

volunteer
> >> work

town
> > she
> >>
> >> Pizza Girl, I receive health mailings for oral EDTA

capsules
> >> products all the time.

Topic: EDTA

"Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:
> I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?

The health mailings say oral EDTA chelation capsules are effective.
Plus they have user comments about what the health benefits that the oral
EDTA capsules have proven to be.

btw, taking cayenne pepper in liquid herbal extract form may be
effective, too.
See www.straussheartdrops.com .

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]:

> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Do you have any cites or sites to support your ridiculous rantings?

> I don't have any "ridiculous rantings." However, I am able to support my
> position that chelation therapy is dangerous and useless:
>
> http://quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10874275&dopt=Abstract
>
> Jeff

The majority of Quackwatch is quacked itself. They aim to discredit
anything contrary to the medical establishment and modern medicine.
Their basic premise is that any type of *natural* treatment is worthless
and fraudulent (quack) because it hasn't been studied. That is
absolutely crazy. They don't have anything good to say about anything
natural. Some things don't have to be studied. They just work.

They are masters however of building sites and using reciprocal links to
come up in the top ten on Google for just about every alternative
medicine or related topic you can think of. They debunk it all.

A few products they have debunked, me and some of my family and friends
have used with outstanding results. That's why I'm so ticked about their
bias and deception. For example, as a result of a homeopathic remedy
passed on to me from my mom (RN with homeopathic certs), I haven't had a
cold since 1995 and I haven't had the flu since 1999. They were
completely cured and then prevented not just relieving the symptoms like
with OTC medications. My ex-wife and kids have all been sick several
times around me and I wouldn't get sick at all. My ex-wife couldn't
swallow pills and my kids were too young at the time to take it. I have
passed on this recipe to many others as well and they now live by it.
The sad part is other people could be helped too if they knew the truth.
I'm just glad I tried the products before I stumbled upon their site.
I'm appalled at how they have the nerve to use their MD designation to
officially add *weight* to their statements and views. They persuade
people out of things before they even try it and can't even deliver the
same type of results with their methods. I understand why though...job
security.

Here's some good reading information for you. It's not hard to find you
just have to swim through the torrent of listings they have monopolized
on Google and other search engines.

..
http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2003/10/29/opinion_of_the_quackwatch_site.htm

..
http://herballure.com/ubbthreads/sh...ber=435&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

.. http://www.rvi.net/~fluoride/000222.htm

Regards,

Triniti
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Some things are true whether you believe them or not."
- Nicolas Cage in City of Angels

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Do you have any cites or sites to support your ridiculous rantings?

> I don't have any "ridiculous rantings." However, I am able to support my
> position that chelation therapy is dangerous and useless:

LOL!

> http://QUACK
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10874275&dopt=Abstract
>
> Jeff

When you use those goofed up quack balls to quote you lose all credibility
from both sides of the fence.

Lousy troll even.

George Lagergren wrote:
> Topic: EDTA
>
> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I didn't know it could be taken orally. Is it as effective?

> The health mailings say oral EDTA chelation capsules are effective.
> Plus they have user comments about what the health benefits that the oral
> EDTA capsules have proven to be.

COMMENT:

Well, then you'd better believe, them, hadn't you? (If you
automatically believe everything you see in print, why don't you
subscribe to the LANCET or something else which isn't full of
misinformation?)

Now that you've given up milk, it's only natural that you should take
to EDTA capsules with your food. There are some people who, when
presented with 4 possible correct choices, will still figure out how to
make the 5th wrong one.

Ommanipadme says her set of cremated ashes from a 200 lb person only
weighs 5 pounds. Either they lost some (always a problem with
mortuaries) or else whoever it was, was obese and thin-boned and/or
skimping on calcium too.

Perhaps YOU can shoot for having your cremains weigh only 3 pounds,
George. Sounds like you're well on the way. Pay no attention to the hip
fractures. Take the EDTA in your wheelchair. Go for it.

SBH

"Triniti" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > Do you have any cites or sites to support your ridiculous rantings?

>> I don't have any "ridiculous rantings." However, I am able to support my
>> position that chelation therapy is dangerous and useless:
>>
>> http://quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html
>>
>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10874275&dopt=Abstract
>>
>> Jeff

> The majority of Quackwatch is quacked itself. They aim to discredit
> anything contrary to the medical establishment and modern medicine. Their
> basic premise is that any type of *natural* treatment is worthless and
> fraudulent (quack) because it hasn't been studied. That is absolutely
> crazy. They don't have anything good to say about anything natural. Some
> things don't have to be studied. They just work.
>
> They are masters however of building sites and using reciprocal links to
> come up in the top ten on Google for just about every alternative medicine
> or related topic you can think of. They debunk it all.
>
> A few products they have debunked, me and some of my family and friends
> have used with outstanding results. That's why I'm so ticked about their
> bias and deception. For example, as a result of a homeopathic remedy
> passed on to me from my mom (RN with homeopathic certs), I haven't had a
> cold since 1995 and I haven't had the flu since 1999.

Please provide peer-reviewed evidence that these things work.

You will also note that I provided additional evidence that chelation
doesn't work.

Jeff

(...)

> When you use those goofed up quack balls to quote you lose all credibility
> from both sides of the fence.
>
> Lousy troll even.

Thanks for the personal attacks.

Please provide evdience that the Quackwatch page I referenced is incorrect.
Or that article I from PubMed I also referenced.

Also, please help us follow the thread more easily by posting inline, not at
the top. It shows respect for your fellow readers.

Thanks.

Jeff

> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > Do you have any cites or sites to support your ridiculous rantings?

>> I don't have any "ridiculous rantings." However, I am able to support my
>> position that chelation therapy is dangerous and useless:
>>
>> http://quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html
>>

> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10874275&dopt=Abstract
>>
>> Jeff

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]:

> "Triniti" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]:
> >
> >> "Pizza Girl." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I don't have any "ridiculous rantings." However, I am able to support my
> >> position that chelation therapy is dangerous and useless:
> >>
> >> http://quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html
> >>
> >> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10874275&dopt=Abstract
> >>
> >> Jeff

> > The majority of Quackwatch is quacked itself. They aim to discredit
> > anything contrary to the medical establishment and modern medicine. Their
> > basic premise is that any type of *natural* treatment is worthless and
> > fraudulent (quack) because it hasn't been studied. That is absolutely
> > crazy. They don't have anything good to say about anything natural. Some
> > things don't have to be studied. They just work.
> >
> > They are masters however of building sites and using reciprocal links to
> > come up in the top ten on Google for just about every alternative medicine
> > or related topic you can think of. They debunk it all.
> >
> > A few products they have debunked, me and some of my family and friends
> > have used with outstanding results. That's why I'm so ticked about their
> > bias and deception. For example, as a result of a homeopathic remedy
> > passed on to me from my mom (RN with homeopathic certs), I haven't had a
> > cold since 1995 and I haven't had the flu since 1999.

> Please provide peer-reviewed evidence that these things work.
>
> You will also note that I provided additional evidence that chelation
> doesn't work.
>
> Jeff
>
> (...)

Honestly Jeff, that would take too much time and effort to try and
prove. It's really simple as this. Try it. Either it works or it
doesn't. Be wise about what you don't try. I always look at things a
little leery when I've heard from one supposedly *credible* source not
to try it with no solid basis for their position.

The cost of some of these products are nothing more than a cheap night
out on the town. I would rather invest that money in experimenting with
my OWN health than going out to dinner or to a NFL game. If I lose, I
lose but at least I've learned from personal experience. ALL claims out
there are not lies. Because of my willingness to try some things, I have
found success where I could get no help from modern medicine. I've
learned it the hard way that doctors and science do not have all the
answers. Some things just work and can be found in your own back yard.
As they say, 'the proof is in the pudding'. Personally, I would rather
take the advice of people who have *tried* a product than someone who
hasn't. It's amazing how they discredit products that themselves or
someone credible that they know personally hasn't even tried. What's
their REAL motivation I wonder? Their stiff and unrealistic position
doesn't make sense at all to me.
--
Regards,

Triniti
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"LadyLollipop" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Triniti" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> The majority of Quackwatch is quacked itself. They aim to discredit
>>> anything contrary to the medical establishment and modern medicine.
>>> Their basic premise is that any type of *natural* treatment is worthless
>>> and fraudulent (quack) because it hasn't been studied. That is
>>> absolutely crazy. They don't have anything good to say about anything
>>> natural. Some things don't have to be studied. They just work.
>>>
>>> They are masters however of building sites and using reciprocal links to
>>> come up in the top ten on Google for just about every alternative
>>> medicine or related topic you can think of. They debunk it all.
>>>
>>> A few products they have debunked, me and some of my family and friends
>>> have used with outstanding results. That's why I'm so ticked about their
>>> bias and deception. For example, as a result of a homeopathic remedy
>>> passed on to me from my mom (RN with homeopathic certs), I haven't had a
>>> cold since 1995 and I haven't had the flu since 1999.

>> Please provide peer-reviewed evidence that these things work.

> ZZzz.
>>
>> You will also note that I provided additional evidence that chelation
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> Jeff

> I provided evidence it does.
>
> I have provided the pathetic LIES told by *organized medicine* and the
> FACT they are EVIL and care NOT about suffering people.

Copyrighted material deleted.

One unpublished study supposedly supported the use of EDTA.

The overwhelming evidence supports the nothing that EDTA does nothing to
help with arterial disease. And there is very little theoretical evidence to
suggest otherwise.

Until you can support your claims with real data, I will not waste my time
or electrons in this thread. You're not worth it.

Jeff

Triniti wrote:
> The cost of some of these products are nothing more than a cheap night
> out on the town. I would rather invest that money in experimenting with
> my OWN health than going out to dinner or to a NFL game. If I lose, I
> lose but at least I've learned from personal experience. ALL claims out
> there are not lies. Because of my willingness to try some things, I have
> found success where I could get no help from modern medicine. I've
> learned it the hard way that doctors and science do not have all the
> answers. Some things just work and can be found in your own back yard.
> As they say, 'the proof is in the pudding'. Personally, I would rather
> take the advice of people who have *tried* a product than someone who
> hasn't. It's amazing how they discredit products that themselves or
> someone credible that they know personally hasn't even tried. What's
> their REAL motivation I wonder? Their stiff and unrealistic position
> doesn't make sense at all to me.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Triniti

COMMENT:

Though I agree with your general point of view, presumably it doesn't
apply to EDTA and coronary disease. How in th devil are you going to
know it worked? Have two serial angiograms? Serial spiral CTs?

SBH

"Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Though I agree with your general point of view, presumably it doesn't
> apply to EDTA and coronary disease. How in th devil are you going to
> know it worked? Have two serial angiograms? Serial spiral CTs?

The testimonials always say that the patients *felt* better after the
chelation. To that, I would reply that five of the most boring days of my
life were spent in the CCU waiting to be sufficiently anticoagulated to
undergo catheterization, which revealed that my circumflex artery was 90%
blocked. I *felt* perfectly fine, except for a slightly annoying sensation
in my chest that only occurred on the first day (and was the reason I was
there, after convincing myself that it needed to be looked into, in the
first place). In the preceding days/months/years I was completely
asymptomatic despite the fact that the blockage obviously wasn't anything
terribly new.

Eric Bohlman wrote:
> "Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Though I agree with your general point of view, presumably it doesn't
> > apply to EDTA and coronary disease. How in th devil are you going to
> > know it worked? Have two serial angiograms? Serial spiral CTs?

> The testimonials always say that the patients *felt* better after the
> chelation. To that, I would reply that five of the most boring days of my
> life were spent in the CCU waiting to be sufficiently anticoagulated to
> undergo catheterization, which revealed that my circumflex artery was 90%
> blocked. I *felt* perfectly fine, except for a slightly annoying sensation
> in my chest that only occurred on the first day (and was the reason I was
> there, after convincing myself that it needed to be looked into, in the
> first place). In the preceding days/months/years I was completely
> asymptomatic despite the fact that the blockage obviously wasn't anything
> terribly new.

COMMENT:

Of course. Coronary disease, unless you're having an actual MI, is a
chronic disease like emphysema or any other. You have good days and bad
ones, and there's no rhyme or reason. Placebo effect is huge, and just
random deviations in heart pain are huge, for no particular reason. And
as for treatment, people feel better no matter what nasty thing you do
to them. In fact, in non blinded studies, the worse the treatment is,
the better people seem to feel later.

All of this drove the early heart surgeons and stenters nuts, and there
are famous trials of several heart procedures which involved actual
sham surgeries, where they cut the patients open and then sewed them up
again, sometimes doing the surgical procedure in between or not,
according to randomization. There was one treatment called "Poudrage"
from the French for "powdering," in which irritant talc was sprinkled
on the heart to try to stimulate new vessel growth.
http://www.puc-mrm.com/bypass.html. It finally had to be killed by a
double blind experiment. As did internal mammary ligation, which was
supposed to benefit cardiac circulation. That was a killed finally by a
double-blind surgery trial in 1959:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=13657350

And so on. Why don't I trust the testamonials for EDTA? Because I know
too much history.

SBH