Effective date for FTP in WKO+

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by jetnjeff, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jetnjeff

jetnjeff New Member

It was my understanding that the effect dates would stay in on the athelete home page each time you change your Threshold Wattage. When I changed an atheletes wattage from the original 206 to 220 on 4/27/2006 things seemed fine.

But when I changed it on 7/31/2006 to 230, I could no longer see the 4/27/2006 figure when I left arrow next to the effective date and it shows the default day to 7/30/2006, at 206 Watts.

What Threshold wattage are the charts using between 4/27/2006 and 7/30/2006, 206 or 220?

I think it uses 220, I guess I would like confirmation(as well as a history) in the Effective date field.

Maybe I am not entering them in correctly, so I only see the default and the last change on the athelete home page.

Tags:

2. Lucy_Aspenwind

Lucy_Aspenwind New Member

Jeff - if you open up a workout from the timeframe in question (4/27 - 7/30), you will be able to see the wattages and IF. That will tell you immediately, whether the program is using 206 or 220. [​IMG]

3. jetnjeff

jetnjeff New Member

It shows 206. So how do I keep that range at 220 while before is 206 and after is 230?

Something simple is probably elluding me:confused:

4. Lucy_Aspenwind

Lucy_Aspenwind New Member

I'm sure that is a rather annoying problem to have but I think it can be resolved.

You could:

a) erase the zones up to the 206 point

OR

b) save all the wko files in another directory, erase the athlete, then recreate the athlete, set the zones according to your preference with the correct dates/watts

I imagine there are other approaches but these are the two I can think of.

5. Terry Ferguson

Terry Ferguson New Member

Go to the Power Training Zones box on the Athlete Home page.

Hit Options>New Zones. Enter 4/27/2006 and the 220 Watts (Also go to Options>View HR Zones if you want to enter HR LT & Max). Hit Return.

Hit Options>New Zones. Enter 7/31/2006 and the 230 Watts (Also go to Options>View HR Zones if you want to enter HR LT & Max). Hit Return.

Hit Options>Calculate Zones>'Whichever Type' to update the zones/ranges (also for HR if you use those)

TF

6. jetnjeff

jetnjeff New Member

Not sure how to erase zones:confused: :confused:

.[/QUOTE]b) save all the wko files in another directory, erase the athlete, then recreate the athlete, set the zones according to your preference with the correct dates/watts

I imagine there are other approaches but these are the two I can think of.[/QUOTE]
    So you think it is this one athelet profile?

I tried to update another athelete and the effective date stayed grayed out so I could not even pick out any effective date. Think it is got to be something basic I am just not doing right.

7. jetnjeff

jetnjeff New Member

I new it had to be soemthing simple like that. Thanks.

I guess I should have checked help on zones:)

8. Spunout

Spunout New Member

That 'feature' stymied me for a long time. This way, you can re-calc zones over specific periods all year. YOur TSS scores remain relevant to the zone at the time where they were logged, etc.

9. jetnjeff

jetnjeff New Member

Great feature. I had used once before, but just forgot how to use it:eek: