Effective date - wko+ Power Training Zones

SolarEnergy

Aug 15, 2005
Hi

My effective date pulldown menu (I guess it's a date picker control), power training zones, is disable in wko+. There must be something I don't do properly. Right now it is set to 01/01/1980.

How can I enable this date picker so that any change in FTP doesn't affect past workouts?

In that window, click Options ==> New Zones, and it will let you enter an FTP change and the effective date that it took place. For a starting value, I'd suggest picking an effective date just before the Season Start date, and going forward from there.

frenchyge said:
In that window, click Options ==> New Zones, and it will let you enter an FTP change and the effective date that it took place. For a starting value, I'd suggest picking an effective date just before the Season Start date, and going forward from there.
Thanks. I thought "New Zones" was used to define "custom" (Non-Coggan) zones.

Have a nice day mate.

that was a good one to learn. Everytime I changed the FT, new zones would start at the beginning of the database. Took me a while to learn the 'new zones' menu.

Spunout said:
that was a good one to learn. Everytime I changed the FT, new zones would start at the beginning of the database. Took me a while to learn the 'new zones' menu.

Don't laugh !!
But I didn't even know this feature was in 1.1
I know I know, the date field was there but I never really paid attention. But when I started to care about TSS/IF charts, and PMC, I thought to myself that it didn't make any sense that the new FTP value would affect workouts from the past as well.

I am getting there guys. slowly but certainly getting there ;)

SolarEnergy said:
I am getting there guys. slowly but certainly getting there
wink.gif
If you have records of what your FTP estimate was by date ranges, then I'd suggest back entering those ranges into CP - that way the long range PM Chart (going back a season or two) will show ATL/CTL/TSB consistent with your changes in fitness (thereby enabling an "apples with apples" comparison of seasons and chart trends vs actual performance).

Alex Simmons said:
If you have records of what your FTP estimate was by date ranges, then I'd suggest back entering those ranges into CP - that way the long range PM Chart (going back a season or two) will show ATL/CTL/TSB consistent with your changes in fitness (thereby enabling an "apples with apples" comparison of seasons and chart trends vs actual performance).
Thanks Alex.

I already did that (to the best of my knowledge, as I didn't log my FTP improvement over the season).

SolarEnergy said:
Thanks Alex.

I already did that (to the best of my knowledge, as I didn't log my FTP improvement over the season).
Graph your best 20 minute power for the season and take your FTP calculations from that. It should show your fitness progression, as well as capture the tests/performances which precipitated a change (increase!) in FTP.

Spunout said:
Graph your best 20 minute power for the season and take your FTP calculations from that. It should show your fitness progression, as well as capture the tests/performances which precipitated a change (increase!) in FTP
That's a good plan, assuming one makes an adjustment to the raw numbers (e.g., 20MP*.95).