Egg beater wearin down shoe soles

Joseph Jozwik

Guest
Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater wearing
to lines from where the bars grip into the shoe? Does this
cause your shoe to seize to function eventually. Any ideas
Thanks Joe

There is a bunch of "scaring" (some deep gouges) on my
shoes. No ideas on how to correct the problem, aside from
technique?

I love the pedals so I can deal with replacing the shoes
every two seasons or so.

"Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater
> wearing to lines from where
the
> bars grip into the shoe? Does this cause your shoe to
> seize to function eventually. Any ideas Thanks Joe

Yea i love the pedals as well I wish I would have not opted
for the $300 sidi's though
:)
Joe

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There is a bunch of "scaring" (some deep gouges) on my
> shoes. No ideas on how to correct the problem, aside from
> technique?
>
> I love the pedals so I can deal with replacing the shoes
> every two seasons or so.
>
> "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater
> > wearing to lines from where
> the
> > bars grip into the shoe? Does this cause your shoe to
> > seize to function eventually. Any ideas Thanks Joe

I think this is a common issue. Crank Bros now supplies
plastic shims that lift the cleat up so the treads do not
have to be cut down .. maybe that will help. all mine have
this deep groove... but it can only go so deep before the
shoe rests on the axel.

If someone calls Crank Bros to ask about this... please post
the results of the call. charlie

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:12:09 -0400, "Joseph Jozwik" <joej@bannerco-
op.com> wrote:

>Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater wearing
>to lines from where the bars grip into the shoe? Does this
>cause your shoe to seize to function eventually. Any ideas
>Thanks Joe

"Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater
> wearing to lines from where
the
> bars grip into the shoe? Does this cause your shoe to
> seize to function eventually. Any ideas Thanks Joe

Switch to Time pedals. They are kind to my Sidi's.

"mojo deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater
> > wearing to lines from where
> the
> > bars grip into the shoe? Does this cause your shoe to
> > seize to function eventually. Any ideas Thanks Joe
> >
> Switch to Time pedals. They are kind to my Sidi's.

I went from Time to Egg Beaters recent;y so the jury is
still out. One thing I Noticed straightaway, though, is that
the Times are more comfortable since they have a larger area
on which the foot is contacting the pedal. Even with minimal
sole flex in my Sidi's, I can feel the difference.

I may end up going back. Time will tell (haha).

James

"James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "mojo deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hello, Anyone have this problem with the egg beater
> > > wearing to lines from
where
> > the
> > > bars grip into the shoe? Does this cause your shoe to
> > > seize to
function
> > > eventually. Any ideas Thanks Joe
> > >
> > Switch to Time pedals. They are kind to my Sidi's.
> >

> I went from Time to Egg Beaters recent;y so the jury is
> still out. One thing I Noticed straightaway, though, is
> that the Times are more
comfortable
> since they have a larger area on which the foot is
> contacting the pedal. Even with minimal sole flex in my
> Sidi's, I can feel the difference.

My first (and only) clipless pedals have been Time. I liked
them so much, I decided to stay with them. I was tempted to
try the Egg Beaters.

> I may end up going back. Time will tell (haha).

Good one.