egg beaters overhaul?

Andrew

Guest
Hey crank bros riders out there, i need your expertise here

How can i know if my beaters need to be rebuilt, Im getting an annoying creackfest when pounding on
them but cannot say if it comes from the bb or the pedals, cranks are tight, pedals feel normal but
there's something rotten down there. any ideas.

Andrew wrote:

> Hey crank bros riders out there, i need your expertise here
>
> How can i know if my beaters need to be rebuilt, Im getting an annoying creackfest when pounding
> on them but cannot say if it comes from the bb or the pedals, cranks are tight, pedals feel normal
> but there's something rotten down there. any ideas.

relubing eggbeaters is very simple (remove rubber plug with screwdriver, undo allanbolt, pull) but a
loose BB cartridge in an alloy frame is often the culprit
--
Marten