egg beaters overhaul?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andrew, May 5, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Hey crank bros riders out there, i need your expertise here

    How can i know if my beaters need to be rebuilt, Im getting an annoying creackfest when pounding on
    them but cannot say if it comes from the bb or the pedals, cranks are tight, pedals feel normal but
    there's something rotten down there. any ideas.

    Tags:

  2. Andrew wrote:

    > Hey crank bros riders out there, i need your expertise here
    >
    > How can i know if my beaters need to be rebuilt, Im getting an annoying creackfest when pounding
    > on them but cannot say if it comes from the bb or the pedals, cranks are tight, pedals feel normal
    > but there's something rotten down there. any ideas.

    relubing eggbeaters is very simple (remove rubber plug with screwdriver, undo allanbolt, pull) but a
    loose BB cartridge in an alloy frame is often the culprit
    --
    Marten