Egg beaters ?

Without delving too deeply into this subject, I would like to blurt out my opinion if you please.
Been riding Eggbeaters for about 9 months now. They are eggcellent for XC riding. I can't say how
well they will suit you for downhill riding, Slack... I just don't know. My experience when riding
extremely technical trails is that they come unclipped too easily when you're straining to position
yourself on the bike for balancing or for hard efforts. Perhaps tuning the cleats to give the
larger release angle would help, but I haven't tried this. Be aware that they also can release if
you smash the bottom of the pedal on a rock just right (happened to me... three or four times at
least). Despite being a very lightweight pedal, the stainless steel version I have has been quite
durable so far.

As for design flaws, I give it a big "???" I've had no problems getting out of them at all. When I
need to get out, my feet have always come out. I can't think of a situation when I pull directly up
to get out of my pedals, really. Even in the situation you described, I think I would probably
twist out.

-John Morgan

Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stephen Baker wrote:
>
> > I just looooove reading these "clipless pedal" threads. You all go on
about
> > how marvelous they are, and when you get together to discuss them, it's
all
> > about the problems.
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > Steve go platform, don't look back.........
>
> I did a fast, rough descent yesterday evening, about 2.5 miles, with a loss of about 1000 ft. I
> was able to take everything at speed (fast for me anyway), hang on the really choppy parts, glide
> it out on the flatter, smoother sections ... and I never once worried about banging my shins on
> the pedals, panicking because my hands were on the bars and my feet were flapping around ...

I can do that too, andwith platforms - my feet do not slip off the pedals.

> On the climb, when I got out of my line and hit a rock somewhat unexpectedly, my feet stuck to the
> pedals like glue, I never slipped one off and had the other foot torque the pedal into my shin.
> When the trail was smooth and still climbing, I could spin well, giving my quads a rest while I
> worked my gluts a little more on the up stroke.

And that ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - pegged flats with slip in half clips - never stuck in, never fall out (ahem......).

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Stephen Baker wrote:
>>

>>>I just looooove reading these "clipless pedal" threads. You all go on
>
> about
>
>>>how marvelous they are, and when you get together to discuss them, it's
>
> all
>
>>>about the problems.
>>>
>>>;-)
>>>
>>>Steve go platform, don't look back.........
>>
>>I did a fast, rough descent yesterday evening, about 2.5 miles, with a loss of about 1000 ft. I
>>was able to take everything at speed (fast for me anyway), hang on the really choppy parts, glide
>>it out on the flatter, smoother sections ... and I never once worried about banging my shins on
>>the pedals, panicking because my hands were on the bars and my feet were flapping around ...
>

> I can do that too, andwith platforms - my feet do not slip off the pedals.

Not me, I'll "stick" with my clipless thank you.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > about

> > all

> >>I did a fast, rough descent yesterday evening, about 2.5 miles, with a loss of about 1000 ft. I
> >>was able to take everything at speed (fast for me anyway), hang on the really choppy parts,
> >>glide it out on the flatter, smoother sections ... and I never once worried about banging my
> >>shins on the pedals, panicking because my hands were on the bars and my feet were flapping
> >>around ...
> >

> > I can do that too, andwith platforms - my feet do not slip off the
pedals.

> Not me, I'll "stick" with my clipless thank you.

Yeah, well - you have the right to be wrong if you want to.

Shaun aRe - 'right', heheheheh............

> pedals.
> > >
> > Not me, I'll "stick" with my clipless thank you.
>
> Yeah, well - you have the right to be wrong if you want to.
>

> Shaun aRe - 'right', heheheheh............

See, clipless pedals don't really work that well when you are riding a chairlift :)
--
_________________________

Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > pedals.
> > > >
> > > Not me, I'll "stick" with my clipless thank you.
> >
> > Yeah, well - you have the right to be wrong if you want to.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - 'right', heheheheh............
>
> See, clipless pedals don't really work that well when you are riding a chairlift :)

I wouldn't know, having _never_ ridden a chairlift. Heh - JD, can you say the same?

Shaun aRe - I _pedal_ up those hills.

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>>
>>>Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>about

>>>all

>>>I can do that too, andwith platforms - my feet do not slip off the
>
> pedals.
>
>>Not me, I'll "stick" with my clipless thank you.
>

> Yeah, well - you have the right to be wrong if you want to.
>

> Shaun aRe - 'right', heheheheh............

Thank you Mr. Rimmer, I was concerned you would take away that right, as long as you don't take
my pedals.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

for
my

> > pedals.
> >
> >>Not me, I'll "stick" with my clipless thank you.
> >

> > Yeah, well - you have the right to be wrong if you want to.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - 'right', heheheheh............
> >

> Thank you Mr. Rimmer, I was concerned you would take away that right, as long as you don't take
> my pedals.

Nah - wouldn't dream of taking away your pedals! (Yeuch!) ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

> Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > pedals.

> > > Yeah, well - you have the right to be wrong if you want to.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe - 'right', heheheheh............
> >
> > See, clipless pedals don't really work that well when you are riding a chairlift :)
>
> I wouldn't know, having _never_ ridden a chairlift. Heh - JD, can you say the same?

Oh that's right, you guys call them trams or bangers or loris or something right? :)

--
_________________________

Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > See, clipless pedals don't really work that well when you are riding a chairlift :)
> >
> > I wouldn't know, having _never_ ridden a chairlift. Heh - JD, can you
say
> > the same?
> >

> Oh that's right, you guys call them trams or bangers or loris or something right? :)

Heh - missed! We call them chairlifts, and I ain't been on one, ever.

A tram is a street car.

A banger is an old beat-up car (or a sausage....).

A 'lorry' (get it right eejit!) is a truck (not a pickup!) of sorts.

HTH! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>Oh that's right, you guys call them trams or bangers or loris or something right? :)
>

> Heh - missed! We call them chairlifts, and I ain't been on one, ever.
>
> A tram is a street car.
>
> A banger is an old beat-up car (or a sausage....).
>
> A 'lorry' (get it right eejit!) is a truck (not a pickup!) of sorts.

Actually, when he said 'loris', I think he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling mammal.

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Oh that's right, you guys call them trams or bangers or loris or something right? :)
> >

> > Heh - missed! We call them chairlifts, and I ain't been on one, ever.
> >
> > A tram is a street car.
> >
> > A banger is an old beat-up car (or a sausage....).
> >
> > A 'lorry' (get it right eejit!) is a truck (not a pickup!) of sorts.
>
> Actually, when he said 'loris', I think he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling mammal.

Linda Barker?

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Oh that's right, you guys call them trams or bangers or loris or something right? :)
> >

> > Heh - missed! We call them chairlifts, and I ain't been on one, ever.
> >
> > A tram is a street car.
> >
> > A banger is an old beat-up car (or a sausage....).
> >
> > A 'lorry' (get it right eejit!) is a truck (not a pickup!) of sorts.
>
> Actually, when he said 'loris',

"I think"

And that's where you went wrong.

> he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling mammal.

In the same sentence as trams and bangers - right.............

',;~}~

Shaun aRe - WTF is a loris anyhoo?

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > > Heh - missed! We call them chairlifts, and I ain't been on one, ever.
> > >
> > > A tram is a street car.
> > >
> > > A banger is an old beat-up car (or a sausage....).
> > >
> > > A 'lorry' (get it right eejit!) is a truck (not a pickup!) of sorts.
> >
> > Actually, when he said 'loris', I think he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling
> > mammal.
> >

> Linda Barker?

WTF is a Linda Barker anyhoo?

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>Actually, when he said 'loris',
>

> "I think"
>
> And that's where you went wrong.
>

>>he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling mammal.
>

> In the same sentence as trams and bangers - right.............

They're all means of transport...

> Shaun aRe - WTF is a loris anyhoo?

http://images.google.com/images?q=loris&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Aren't they just adorable?

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Actually, when he said 'loris',
> >

> > "I think"
> >
> > And that's where you went wrong.
> >

> >>he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling mammal.
> >

> > In the same sentence as trams and bangers - right.............
>
> They're all means of transport...

Well, maybe you'd mount one for a ride, but not me...........

> > Shaun aRe - WTF is a loris anyhoo?

http://images.google.com/images?q=loris&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&s a=N&tab=wi

> Aren't they just adorable?

Oh yeah, megacuteness dude - they look like a cross between a lemur and a sloth.

Shaun aRe - and thems two-a-penny.

> spademan o---[) * wrote:
>
> >>Actually, when he said 'loris', I think he was referring to the large-eyed, tree-dwelling
> >>mammal.
> >>

> > Linda Barker?
>
> <whoosh> Who?

minor celebrity with a brief increase in fame due to her behavious on 'I'm a celebrity, I'll get my
tits out if it means I get more media coverage'. They were stuck in the jungle. Dammit do I have to
explain everything!

http://theinternetforum.co.uk/survivor/celebrity2linda1.html

Steve.

spademan o---[) * wrote:

>>>Linda Barker?
>>
>><whoosh> Who?
>

> minor celebrity with a brief increase in fame due to her behavious on 'I'm a celebrity, I'll get
> my tits out if it means I get more media coverage'. They were stuck in the jungle. Dammit do I
> have to explain everything!
>
> http://theinternetforum.co.uk/survivor/celebrity2linda1.html

Ahh, an obscure reference to a D-list celebrity on a crappy reality show on a foreign tv channel.
Silly me...

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

>>><whoosh> Who?
>>

>> minor celebrity with a brief increase in fame due to her behavious on 'I'm a celebrity, I'll get
>> my tits out if it means I get more media coverage'. They were stuck in the jungle. Dammit do I
>> have to explain everything!
>>
>> http://theinternetforum.co.uk/survivor/celebrity2linda1.html
>
> Ahh, an obscure reference to a D-list celebrity on a crappy reality show on a foreign tv channel.
> Silly me...

you mean this *reality* tv **** is not just confined to the USA? I know it started across the pond
but I figiured it was dead there by now...

BTW did you see the last episode of "who want's to marry my dad?

--
- Chris - www.skokatt.com

People say I'm cruel. But I have the heart of a small child. In a jar. On my desk.