Egg on my face!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ross Reid, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Ross Reid

    Ross Reid Guest

    We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
    concession.
    Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
    for ourselves.
    For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
    fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
    Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
    two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
    Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
    slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
    bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
    Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
    I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.

    Ross

    Tags:

  2. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Ross Reid <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
    > concession.
    > Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
    > for ourselves.
    > For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
    > fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
    > Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
    > two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
    > Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
    > slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
    > bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
    > Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
    > I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.

    Play the SuperLotto! Any other time of the year and you might've been
    reminded at every closed-door drive to said neighbor. <G>

    The Ranger

  3. On Fri 28 Jan 2005 04:48:07p, Ross Reid wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
    > concession.
    > Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
    > for ourselves.
    > For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
    > fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
    > Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
    > two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
    > Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
    > slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
    > bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
    > Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
    > I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.
    >
    > Ross

    LOL! Sounds like brain-freeze to me!

    Wayne

  4. Lucy

    Lucy Guest

    "Ross Reid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
    > concession.
    > Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
    > for ourselves.
    > For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
    > fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
    > Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
    > two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
    > Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
    > slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
    > bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
    > Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
    > I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.
    >
    > Ross

    Ross.. count your blessings the egg on your face was figurative. I once put
    a yogurt smoothie on top of the suv before getting in.. got settled in my
    seatbelt, and remembered it was up there. I thought I could just reach up
    there and get it.. so I reached up, knocked it over, and it sprayed all over
    the left side of my body. LOL!
    Hubby still won't let me live that down.
    lucy :)

  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > Reminds me of the time I put 6 poinsetta plants in my mother's
    > trunk to take to a house warming.

    Your mother's trunk? What, is she an elephant?

    (Well, SOMEBODY had to say it!) :)

    Bob

  6. jem

    jem Guest

    Lucy wrote:
    > "Ross Reid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
    >>concession.
    >>Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
    >>for ourselves.
    >>For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
    >>fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
    >>Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
    >>two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
    >>Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
    >>slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
    >>bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
    >>Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
    >>I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.
    >>
    >>Ross

    > Ross.. count your blessings the egg on your face was figurative. I once put
    > a yogurt smoothie on top of the suv before getting in.. got settled in my
    > seatbelt, and remembered it was up there. I thought I could just reach up
    > there and get it.. so I reached up, knocked it over, and it sprayed all over
    > the left side of my body. LOL!
    > Hubby still won't let me live that down.
    > lucy :)

    Hmmm. Makes me think of 'the gravy biscuit' incident my then-girlfriend
    had while a passenger in my car...

  7. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    Dog3 <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Of course! I was born from an elephant.
    >
    > Michael

    Ummm, so do they leave foot prints in the peanut butter for real?

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  8. pennyaline

    pennyaline Guest

    Hahabogus wrote:
    > Ummm, so do they leave foot prints in the peanut butter for real?

    No. They leave foot prints in the *butter*.

    <but only from the red sneakers>