Egg on my face!

Ross Reid

Guest
We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
concession.
Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
for ourselves.
For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.

Ross

Ross Reid <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
> concession.
> Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
> for ourselves.
> For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
> fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
> Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
> two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
> Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
> slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
> bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
> Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
> I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.

Play the SuperLotto! Any other time of the year and you might've been
reminded at every closed-door drive to said neighbor. <G>

The Ranger

On Fri 28 Jan 2005 04:48:07p, Ross Reid wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
> concession.
> Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
> for ourselves.
> For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
> fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
> Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
> two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
> Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
> slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
> bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
> Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
> I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.
>
> Ross

LOL! Sounds like brain-freeze to me!

Wayne

"Ross Reid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
> concession.
> Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
> for ourselves.
> For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
> fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
> Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
> two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
> Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
> slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
> bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
> Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
> I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.
>
> Ross

Ross.. count your blessings the egg on your face was figurative. I once put
a yogurt smoothie on top of the suv before getting in.. got settled in my
seatbelt, and remembered it was up there. I thought I could just reach up
there and get it.. so I reached up, knocked it over, and it sprayed all over
the left side of my body. LOL!
Hubby still won't let me live that down.
lucy :)

Michael wrote:

> Reminds me of the time I put 6 poinsetta plants in my mother's
> trunk to take to a house warming.

Your mother's trunk? What, is she an elephant?

(Well, SOMEBODY had to say it!) :)

Bob

Lucy wrote:
> "Ross Reid" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>We buy farm fresh eggs from one of our neighbours on the next
>>concession.
>>Picked up 7 dozen Wednesday afternoon, 2 for daughter, 2 for son and 3
>>for ourselves.
>>For breakfast this morning we decided on cheese omelets. Wife goes to
>>fridge and then says "Ross, where did you put the eggs?"
>>Immediately dawns on me, they're still in the van. It's amazing what
>>two night at 20º below 0 F will do to 7 dozen eggs ;-(.
>>Easy enough to shell though. Quick rinse under warm water and shells
>>slip right off. All except 6 are now vac packed, 6 shell-less eggs per
>>bag, and put into the freezer. The other 6 we scrambled for breakfast.
>>Looks like we'll have lots of scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.
>>I guess I'll blame it on old age memory failure.
>>
>>Ross

> Ross.. count your blessings the egg on your face was figurative. I once put
> a yogurt smoothie on top of the suv before getting in.. got settled in my
> seatbelt, and remembered it was up there. I thought I could just reach up
> there and get it.. so I reached up, knocked it over, and it sprayed all over
> the left side of my body. LOL!
> Hubby still won't let me live that down.
> lucy :)

Hmmm. Makes me think of 'the gravy biscuit' incident my then-girlfriend
had while a passenger in my car...

Dog3 <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Of course! I was born from an elephant.
>
> Michael

Ummm, so do they leave foot prints in the peanut butter for real?

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban

Hahabogus wrote:
> Ummm, so do they leave foot prints in the peanut butter for real?

No. They leave foot prints in the *butter*.

<but only from the red sneakers>