General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Egg Sauce for Lobster & Shrimp

Started by Luckytrim · · Last activity · 1 post · 400 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 January 2004
Last activity
12 January 2004
Original author
Luckytrim
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
400
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Egg Sauce for Lobster & Shrimp

    Quoted message said:

    From Dean Richards Food Time

    1 Large or 2 Medium egg yolks
    3/4 cup 100% corn oil
    4/4 tsp. yellow food coloring for appearance

    Whisk egg yolk vigorously in a medium bowl for 15 seconds. Add the food coloring. Whisk until the
    yolk mixture thickens and the color brightens. VERY, VERY slowly add the oil while you continue to
    mix vigorously until the oil is incorporated. It should take several minutes to add the oil. Serve
    while still warm.

    As a side note: I made this recipe this past weekend and it turned out (nearly) exactly as I
    remembered it from the restaurant. The only difference was that I did not have corn oil so I used
    vegetable oil, that may have made the difference. And as far as the food coloring goes, I could have
    omitted it because I don't remember the sauce I had being that lemony yellow color. And lastly, I
    mixed this by hand with a wire whisk, I strongly recommend an electric mixer as the sauce eventually
    becomes VERY thick at the end of the addition of the oil.

    --
    Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email hidden].
    Only recipes and recipe requests are accepted for posting.
    Please allow several days for your submission to appear.
    Archives: cdkitchen.comrfr recipes.alastra.comrecipes.alastra.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.