EIGHTEEN (18) days delivery from Performance Bikes

Michael Pearlma

Guest
Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

On 19 May 2003 09:22:39 -0700, [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote:

>Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes.

Oh, I'm so glad you posted that - I was worried they might have delivered.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

[email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
> back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Yes, a lot of us still deal with "these people"!

And you're still a whiney ******.

Originally posted by Michael Pearlma
Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Michael is one of these guys who would rather curse the darkness than simply turn on a light.

You make it obvious by your propensity to whine combined with your refusal to take any really meaningful steps toward resolution, Michael, that you would rather this situation doesn't get resolved. You seem to enjoy the fact that you tick off everyone who has to see your posts on a daily basis. Since the posts have had no effect on your receiving the order, they've failed to do anything other than incite antagonism toward you. 18 days have passed, and you still haven't figured that out. What does that say about you, Michael?

"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
> back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Wow, aren't you a whiner. I placed an order with Performance last week and received it in TWO days.
Performance is a class act. You are the exception, not the rule. I suggest you only deal with your
LBS from now on.

news:<[email protected]>...
> On 19 May 2003 09:22:39 -0700, [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote:
>
> >Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes.
>
> Oh, I'm so glad you posted that - I was worried they might have delivered.
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
> dynamic DNS permitting)
> NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

I've dealt with Performance for years with no delivery problems. They even made an even exchange
with a handlebar bag I bought 2 years ago. New bag for old one with no problems. They redesigned the
bag and the mounts were not compatible. I just called and they said sent it to us for even exchange.
They do have an 800# you can call.

"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
> back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Yep. In fact I think I'll go order something from them right now and tell them Michael Pearlman sent
me and said "keep up the good work."

RichC

This whole thread is a scam perpetuated by someone who is interested in writing a paper on creating
fictitious newgroup threads.

wrote:

>This whole thread is a scam perpetuated by someone who is interested in writing a paper on creating
>fictitious newgroup threads.

A "paper" as in an academic paper? For what? Third grade?

Regards, Bob Hunt

"dennisg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Michael Pearlma wrote:
> > Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance
Bikes.
> > We've asked for our money back but have received no reply. Anybody
still
> > deal with these people?
>

> Michael is one of these guys who would rather curse the darkness than simply turn on a light.
>
> You make it obvious by your propensity to whine combined with your refusal to take any really
> meaningful steps toward resolution, Michael, that you would rather this situation doesn't get
> resolved. You seem to enjoy the fact that you tick off everyone who has to see your posts on a
> daily basis. Since the posts have had no effect on your receiving the order, they've failed to do
> anything other than incite antagonism toward you. 18 days have passed, and you still haven't
> figured that out. What does that say about you, Michael?

If you don't mind me jumping in ... it says he's a loser. No matter how you slice this one, it still
comes up loser.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

>Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
>back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

I certainly do. Sitll wondering why you used mail order when the store is just down the way.

Jon Isaacs

Michael Pearlman wrote:

> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
> back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Oh, now he's posting to SEPARATE newsgroups, to get maximum pissoff

On 19 May 2003 15:18:05 -0700, [email protected] (ed) wrote:

>I've dealt with Performance for years with no delivery problems.

We have a thing at work known as the Curse of Chris. A guy called, er, Chris managed to get
atrocious service from everybody he dealt with. He never spotted that his manner might be perhaps
contributing to the problem...

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

>Yep. In fact I think I'll go order something from them right now and tell them Michael Pearlman
>sent me and said "keep up the good work."
>
>RichC

I like it.

The reality is that Mike Pearlman's strategy has backfired. Instead turning people away from
Performance, what he has done is provided a forum for the many satisfied customers of Performance.

I think Performance does a good job of providing decent equipment for those of us who just want
stuff that works and are concerned about exactly what name might be on the shirt or light set. My
Performance Viewpoint systems are much more reliable than the Night Sun systems they replaced and
much easier to swap better bikes.

With the Performance system it takes about 1 minute and no tools to move from one bike to the other.
With the NightSun it was basically install the system in the fall, adjust it, and that was it until
Spring, too much hassle to move from one bike to the next.

So I thank Mike Pearlman for helping get the good word out about Performance.

jon isaacs

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

> On 19 May 2003 15:18:05 -0700, [email protected] (ed) wrote:
>
> >I've dealt with Performance for years with no delivery problems.
>
> We have a thing at work known as the Curse of Chris. A guy called, er, Chris managed to get
> atrocious service from everybody he dealt with. He never spotted that his manner might be perhaps
> contributing to the problem...
>
> Guy
> ===

Aye, the unspoken rule of the middleman: "Do not antagonize thy supplier"! Bernie

dennisg <[email protected]> wrote:

>Michael [Pearlman] is one of these guys who would rather curse the darkness than simply turn
>on a light.

Henry Crun One of us will have to answer the door, Min. Minnie Bannister Oh dear--you answer it,
Henry--I can't find my boot in the dark. Crun Well then--turn on the light, Min. Min I can't, Henry.
Crun Why not? Min When it's dark I can't find the light.

Norman Wilson Toronto ON
--
To reply directly, expel `.edu'.

dennisg <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Michael Pearlma wrote:
> > Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our
> > money back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?
>

> Michael is one of these guys who would rather curse the darkness than simply turn on a light.
>
> You make it obvious by your propensity to whine combined with your refusal to take any really
> meaningful steps toward resolution, Michael, that you would rather this situation doesn't get
> resolved. You seem to enjoy the fact that you tick off everyone who has to see your posts on a
> daily basis. Since the posts have had no effect on your receiving the order, they've failed to do
> anything other than incite antagonism toward you. 18 days have passed, and you still haven't
> figured that out. What does that say about you, Michael?

Look! I'm trying to do you a favor and anyone else that has the sense to listen. Performance's
performance has proved to be legendary. I'm suggesting that people stop buying there till they fix
their problems.

You don't get it, Michael. By posting every single day -- in multiple newsgroups -- you're not doing us any favors. We loathe you. You've undermined your entire intention by making us sympathetic to Performance. And you still can't see it, because all you're focussed on is yourself, and not the dozens of people who keep telling you to quit posting this stuff.

Okay, we get it. You're mad at Performance. Now, go solve your problem in a grown-up way and stop your impotent public ranting.